PDA

View Full Version : transferring pictures from Samsung flip phone

jojodwolf
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
This is mind boggling... I bought a new Samsung m370 flip phone with no data plan.. of course because why would you have a data plan if you bought this phone... Now I don't plan on using the camera all that much but every once in a while I will and will want to transfer the pictures to my pc. I tried a trial version of Datapilot with no luck.. The pc recognizes the usb connection but it appears nothing can be done except charge. My last Sanyo Kantana did allow me to connect to my pc and download and upload pictures.. Without the data plan how can I achieve this.

w7excursion
03-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Add data for a day and send them to yourself(email) and you only get charged/prorated for that day.

gwmac
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I can think of a couple of options. Have you tried transferring the photos via Bluetooth? You can also try connecting it to a Macintosh. In my experience Macs have a lot better luck with those flip phones. I had no problem importing my photos from my Samsung A900 onto my Mac with the iPhoto or preview.

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum

PokerFace23
03-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Your m900 was also built in to be recognized as a disk drive (multimedia phone versus the m370).

I also suggest calling in and adding data for a day or two so you get charged 50 cents a day instead of casual data.

acunn1
03-27-2012, 10:07 AM
When you plug your phone into your computer, does it show up in the list of drives the are available under " my computer"?

jojodwolf
03-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Nope... does not show up.. The phone say's usb connection.

gwmac
03-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Did you try sending them to your computer by blutooth?

I remember my old Samsung A900 flip phone also had a setting I had to enable when I connected it to my Mac to enable file transfers. After I changed that setting, it was easy to import all my photos. It was finicky about the cable though, I had to use a special Samsung data USB cable. Other cables from Samsung phones wouldn't work even though they were compatible.

You also should try this software.

http://www.bitpim.org/

jojodwolf
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't have a blue tooth but might try to borrow one.. Bitpim did not recognize the phone

gwmac
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I didn't know there were any computers without BT anymore. Why not just pull out your old Katana and transfer the files from the new phone to the Katana via BT, then Katana to your computer?

I just checked it includes Object Push Profile (OPP) in BT so you can send the picts to your Katana.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-M370BAASPR-specs

jojodwolf
03-28-2012, 07:26 PM
tried the bluetooth from my old phone to the samsung.. they saw each other but I could not send a photo from one to another.. "failed" On the old phone there is an option to send, but on the new phone I do not see that option... it will let you send contacts but that's all I see. Maybe the 370 just does not want to play with others beyond contact ?

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.