PDA

View Full Version : Text messaging content - where can you see it ?

Tripaway
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Someone tell me where my spouse is reading my text messages from ? We just got new iPhones w this iCloud feature. I know I can't find mine or her texts but she is reading all mine somewhere on line or on her phone

mayhem
11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Someone tell me where my spouse is reading my text messages from ? We just got new iPhones w this iCloud feature. I know I can't find mine or her texts but she is reading all mine somewhere on line or on her phone

Do you have another apple device that's connected to your iTunes account like a iPad or iPod touch?

rambo47
11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Most likely she's reading your messages when you're asleep, right on your iPhone.

Maximaboy1
11-14-2011, 07:01 PM
It could be that she is 1) reading these while you're asleep or 2) reading on another iOS device that has your iMessages synchronized with it. As far as I know, only iMessages/emails (NOT true text messages) are sync'd across devices that share an iCloud account.

Tripaway
11-14-2011, 07:17 PM
No she was reading and texting parts of them while I was gone. We don't share an iCloud account. Both have seperate apple id s but they are both iPhones on a shared plan.

Tripaway
11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Do you have another apple device that's connected to your iTunes account like a iPad or iPod touch?
Same computer but seperate iTunes accounts . I am sure she could hack my username and password on iTunes or iCloud but where are my text messages on iTunes if per say she is doing it as your suggesting ? If we did share I tunes, where in it is she seeing my messages at ?

teeitupmo
11-15-2011, 03:34 AM
She could be sneaky and setup your Sprint numbers with Google Voice integration. With GV you can setup text messages to forward to your iPhone and/or any phone really. With this setup..she just needs to login to the Google Account from any PC and look at your text messages. She would even be able to sent messages as you, without you knowing it, if you iPhone does not have the Google Voice app installed. Because any messages sent online, will not reflect on your iPhone's native message app. Only with the GV app, will you be able to see online sent messages with your iphone.

This is the setup I use for my teenage son, so my x wife and i can monitor his texting activity. Works great.

mayhem
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Same computer but seperate iTunes accounts . I am sure she could hack my username and password on iTunes or iCloud but where are my text messages on iTunes if per say she is doing it as your suggesting ? If we did share I tunes, where in it is she seeing my messages at ?

If you do have another device with that iTunes account, your iMessages will show up on it. As for text messages, I have no idea other than then google voice set up stated from previous user.

Have you asked her how or why she is getting your text messages?

Tripaway
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Ok where do these iMessages Show at on iTunes ? Like your talking about - I must not know where this is located .

mayhem
11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Ok where do these iMessages Show at on iTunes ? Like your talking about - I must not know where this is located .

I didn't say it shows up on iTunes. A iMessage shows up in your messages. And if you have another device like say a iPad then your iMessages will show up on it. iMessages, not text messages.

mayhem
11-17-2011, 11:48 PM

Here's what iMessage is and how it works.

http://www.macworld.com/article/162984/2011/10/ios_5_imessage.html

http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html

Tripaway
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Ok I got that part -
If she can see my texts on itunes I am sti not finding where that is located exactly. I don't see where any messages are stored there

ottomatic
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Why are you asking us? Ask your spouse.

bainsstatic
11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
So many people on here are idiots.

Apple has been having a lot of complaints of people receiving other peoples' iMessages. Was your wife's number at any time active on your phone. Most of those getting the iMessages are people whose number was once active on the phone. Apparently Apple's servers aren't deleting old numbers off their servers.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.