PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to Port My Boost Mobile Phone Number to Sprint?

DESERPENTOR
06-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Is it possible to Port My Boost Mobile Phone Number to Sprint? If so how would I do it when I am going through this website? http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

DESERPENTOR
06-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Can anyone help?

Terry K
06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
There is a way to do this. Sprint can migrate your account from Boost -> Sprint. They're on the same billing system so its logistically possible. You'd likely have to have account services or porting do it, but yes, they can do it. (Sprint wouldn't mind if you did).

There's a backdoor method that involves porting out to Page Plus and porting back in but that's the long way, it can be done though.

DESERPENTOR
06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Thankyou I appreciate it, because I currently have boost and would like to keep the number just upgrade to a sprint photon.

laurkar2006
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Sure you can

DayDreamer78
07-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Not only can your port your number, but Sprint will not charge you your Early Termination Fee if you're still under contract. I was happy to not have to pay that when I ported over to the $50 Boost Unlimited plan with Shrinkage to cut down on expenses.

rilharri
07-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Not only can your port your number, but Sprint will not charge you your Early Termination Fee if you're still under contract. I was happy to not have to pay that when I ported over to the $50 Boost Unlimited plan with Shrinkage to cut down on expenses.

Sorry this is not correct.

Irishman42
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Apparently it was correct for him.

rilharri
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Apparently it was correct for him.

No proof and not happening, to many people post incorrect information and people believe it.

Irishman42
07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
No proof and not happening, to many people post incorrect information and people believe it.

And you have proof that it didn't? I guess I don't see what the poster would have to gain by lying about switching his boost number to Sprint.

DayDreamer78
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Guess I misread the thread title and I should pay better attention. I'm not sure if you can port from Boost to Sprint, but you can port over from Sprint to Boost without having to pay an ETF if under contract.

I did it, my sister did it, and my brother in law did it no problem. I was surprised when I called Sprint to cancel expecting to pay my $140 ETF and the rep told me since I was going to Boost and they were a sister company of Sprint, if I just ported over, I wouldn't be charged to get out of my contract.

Of course when I did get my final bill, they did hit me up for my ETF. I shot off an email to sprint and they apologized saying something about the system automatically putting it through, but that I wasn't supposed to be charged for it, and they applied a credit to the account to cover the charges.

rilharri
07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
And you have proof that it didn't? I guess I don't see what the poster would have to gain by lying about switching his boost number to Sprint.

Honestly it doesn't matter what you see.
I stated the facts.

But thank you for you. 01 cent.

rilharri
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=DayDreamer78;2571377]Guess I misread the thread title and I should pay better attention. I'm not sure if you can port from Boost to Sprint, but you can port over from Sprint to Boost without having to pay an ETF if under contract.
QUOTE]

No problem.

But currently if someone wanted to port to Virgin or Boost and they are under contract they would be charged the fee.

The thing that most likely happened to you, was a fee increase and you were able to get out fee free.

But normally this is not the case, I am trying to give people a realistic expectations.

DayDreamer78
07-07-2011, 06:53 PM

A copy of the email below:

Re: Care #20110614040611052 (Billing/Payment - Billing Inquiry/Invoice Changes) (KMM87113139V62430L0KM)

Sprint Customer Solutions ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com to me

show details Jun 14

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience
caused to you due to the Early Termination Fee (ETF) billed on the
account.

I understand that you have port out your number to Boost Prepaid on
06/03/2011. If the number is port out to Boost Prepaid, we at Sprint do
not charge our customers to ETF.

Due to system error, the ETF was charged on the account. Since the
error was our part, I have applied the credit of $144.36 on the
account. After the credit adjustment the updated account balance is
$0.00.

Now, you do not need to pay the bill.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Cindy B.
Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
www.sprint.com/planpromise

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
www.sprint.com/mysprint

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Customer Name: Josh
Sprint PCS Phone Number: 435*******
Account Number: 800******
Form: Ask A Question-Manage
Topic: Billing/Payment
SUB Topic: Billing Inquiry/Invoice Changes
================================================== ===========
Original Question:
Question: I recently spoke to a rep in your cancellation department
about canceling my Sprint service. I told him I was moving to Boost
Mobile. He told me that since Boost Mobile is a sister company of
Sprint and if I ported my number over to them that I wouldn't have to
pay my Early Termination Fee. He had me on hold for awhile and said he
was noting my account saying that I was able to migrate over without
having to pay the fee to get out of my contract.

Today I got my final statement and Sprint is now billing me for my $140
Early Termination Fee, when I was told that I wouldn't be charged.
Please let me know what is going on with this situation as soon as
possible. Thank you!

DayDreamer78
07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=DayDreamer78;2571377]Guess I misread the thread title and I should pay better attention. I'm not sure if you can port from Boost to Sprint, but you can port over from Sprint to Boost without having to pay an ETF if under contract.
QUOTE]

No problem.

But currently if someone wanted to port to Virgin or Boost and they are under contract they would be charged the fee.

The thing that most likely happened to you, was a fee increase and you were able to get out fee free.

But normally this is not the case, I am trying to give people a realistic expectations.
There was no fee increase or any changes on my plan or service that I was aware of.

rilharri
07-07-2011, 06:56 PM
A copy of the email below:

Re: Care #20110614040611052 (Billing/Payment - Billing Inquiry/Invoice Changes) (KMM87113139V62430L0KM)

Sprint Customer Solutions ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com to me

show details Jun 14

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I apologize for the inconvenience
caused to you due to the Early Termination Fee (ETF) billed on the
account.

I understand that you have port out your number to Boost Prepaid on
06/03/2011. If the number is port out to Boost Prepaid, we at Sprint do
not charge our customers to ETF.

Due to system error, the ETF was charged on the account. Since the
error was our part, I have applied the credit of $144.36 on the
account. After the credit adjustment the updated account balance is
$0.00.

Now, you do not need to pay the bill.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Cindy B.
Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
www.sprint.com/planpromise

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
www.sprint.com/mysprint

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Customer Name: Josh
Sprint PCS Phone Number: 435*******
Account Number: 800******
Form: Ask A Question-Manage
Topic: Billing/Payment
SUB Topic: Billing Inquiry/Invoice Changes
================================================== ===========
Original Question:
Question: I recently spoke to a rep in your cancellation department
about canceling my Sprint service. I told him I was moving to Boost
Mobile. He told me that since Boost Mobile is a sister company of
Sprint and if I ported my number over to them that I wouldn't have to
pay my Early Termination Fee. He had me on hold for awhile and said he
was noting my account saying that I was able to migrate over without
having to pay the fee to get out of my contract.

Today I got my final statement and Sprint is now billing me for my $140
Early Termination Fee, when I was told that I wouldn't be charged.
Please let me know what is going on with this situation as soon as
possible. Thank you!

I can do a live chat tomorrow that says the opposite ;-).

Lets stick with facts.

DayDreamer78
07-07-2011, 06:59 PM

Lets stick with facts.
Yep I could do 3 live chats and probably get 3 different answers. That's the world of Sprint Customer Service for ya.

Usakoneko
07-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Lets stick with facts.

How is what you're stating any more 'the facts' than what DayDreamer78 is saying? It's clear in the email they recieved from a Sprint rep that the ETF was, in fact, waived because it was a Boost migration. I don't understand your reasoning for claiming that this is not fact, and what you are stating is?

DayDreamer78
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
How is what you're stating any more 'the facts' than what DayDreamer78 is saying? It's clear in the email they recieved from a Sprint rep that the ETF was, in fact, waived because it was a Boost migration. I don't understand your reasoning for claiming that this is not fact, and what you are stating is?

When my sister migrated over, the first rep she spoke with told her she'd be charged an ETF. She called back and got a second rep who waived it for her no problem. Her husband got lucky like I did and the first rep noted the account that it was waived. It just depends on who you talk to.

I wasn't even going to bother trying to port my number over and was prepared to pay my ETF when I called in. Had my credit card out and everything. My jaw dropped when the rep told me I could migrate over and not be charged an ETF. I still had around 14 months or so left on my contract.

I'm not sure what more facts I can give you guys. I know I haven't seen any from Usakoneko. That's true he could have a chat today with someone and get the opposite answer I got. I could chat with 3 reps myself an get 3 different answers on a 2 answer question. I don't know what other facts to post besides a screen shot of the email.

The fact is I've received so much good info from SprintUsers over the years on how to get loyalty discounts, better plans, and other special perks on my account and the last thing I'd do is pollute this site with misinformation and lies.

http://i51.tinypic.com/34eoy6a.jpg

Usakoneko
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
When my sister migrated over, the first rep she spoke with told her she'd be charged an ETF. She called back and got a second rep who waived it for her no problem. Her husband got lucky like I did and the first rep noted the account that it was waived. It just depends on who you talk to.

I wasn't even going to bother trying to port my number over and was prepared to pay my ETF when I called in. Had my credit card out and everything. My jaw dropped when the rep told me I could migrate over and not be charged an ETF. I still had around 14 months or so left on my contract.

I'm not sure what more facts I can give you guys. I know I haven't seen any from Usakoneko. That's true he could have a chat today with someone and get the opposite answer I got. I could chat with 3 reps myself an get 3 different answers on a 2 answer question. I don't know what other facts to post besides a screen shot of the email.

The fact is I've received so much good info from SprintUsers over the years on how to get loyalty discounts, better plans, and other special perks on my account and the last thing I'd do is pollute this site with misinformation and lies.

http://i51.tinypic.com/34eoy6a.jpg

Oh no, don't get me wrong, DayDreamer; I was addressing rilharri. I think you've provided good information about how the ETF can be waived due to Sprint policy. I just don't understand why rilharri is dismissing you so easily and saying to 'stick to the facts,' when they haven't provided any facts themselves.

DayDreamer78
07-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh no, don't get me wrong, DayDreamer; I was addressing rilharri. I think you've provided good information about how the ETF can be waived due to Sprint policy. I just don't understand why rilharri is dismissing you so easily and saying to 'stick to the facts,' when they haven't provided any facts themselves.

Sorry Usakoneko. I meant to put rilharri when stating about not seeing any facts. I was in a hurry when I replied earlier.

rilharri
07-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Just called Sprint, and like I said this is false.

But everyone feel free to try and report back that I'm correct.

But don't blame Sprint when you get charged.

PS live chat has been down all day ;-) that's why I just called.

DayDreamer78
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM

That's great that you called in and added to the queue of people already on hold who had legitimate problems that were waiting to speak to a rep. It's pretty obvious by the facts I've shown now that Sprint will waive the ETF for people who migrate to Boost Mobile. I'm not guaranteeing all reps know they can do it, but they will if you get the right one.

If you have any physical evidence that we can see besides your hear say, please feel free to post it like I have mine. Otherwise I hope your so called phone call to Sprint made your weekend a better one.

DayDreamer78
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Their live chat is up now if you feel like killing some more time.

rilharri
07-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Their live chat is up now if you feel like killing some more time.

Sorry on my way to the gym.

laurkar2006
07-09-2011, 06:48 AM
@ DayDreamer78..My friend did the same thing and did not have to pay the ETF charge, she ported her number from Sprint to Boost with not a problem.
@rilharri Off to the gym HMMM! how nice...

DESERPENTOR
07-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Hater got shut down booyaaa

rilharri
07-09-2011, 03:56 PM
@ DayDreamer78..My friend did the same thing and did not have to pay the ETF charge, she ported her number from Sprint to Boost with not a problem.
@rilharri Off to the gym HMMM! how nice...

Lmao p90x and a lift every day ;-)

I'm waiting to post a live chat log, don't worry :-)

laurkar2006
07-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I guess it all depends on who you get, my friend was able to do it with out a problem or any charges or fees, so it can be done...

rilharri
07-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Here you go everyone this will be my last post on this topic.

3:21:42 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

3:21:42 PM : Session ID: 3183329

3:21:42 PM : SMITH: Initial Question/Comment: Hi, I am currently under contact, if i wanted to Switch to Boost mobile which is owned by Sprint would I be changed a cancellation fee?

3:21:47 PM : Juliet H. has joined this session!

3:21:47 PM : Connected with Juliet H.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 3183329.

3:21:47 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Juliet H..

3:21:53 PM : SMITH: Hi

3:22:08 PM : Juliet H.: Hi Richard

3:22:18 PM : Juliet H.: Please hold a moment while I access your account.

3:22:25 PM : SMITH: Ok great thank you

3:24:17 PM : Juliet H.: Let me check the details for you.

3:25:40 PM : SMITH: Ok thank you

3:26:02 PM : Juliet H.: I appreciate your patience.

3:28:22 PM : Juliet H.: I have checked that if you wish to switch your phone to the boost mobile , you need to pay the Early Termination Fee.

3:28:43 PM : SMITH: Ok, so that is Sprint official policy they will not waive the fee?

3:31:07 PM : Juliet H.: If you will switch your lines to the Boost , you still be charged for the Early Termination Fee.

3:31:24 PM : SMITH: Ok thank you for the information, I was just checking for a friend.

3:31:31 PM : SMITH: Have a great weekend.

3:31:42 PM : Juliet H.: You too.

3:31:47 PM : Juliet H.: Bye

Office Policy and not from my brothers , son's, baby's mother.

Take care everyone.

Biohazzard100
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
The policy documents we have at work say you works still be charged the etf.. i will check again tomorrow when I'm at work just in case it changed

Irishman42
07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Other people have gotten different results. It probably is policy but that doesn't mean it always gets done that way

Biohazzard100
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Which is true if your lucky

DayDreamer78
07-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Here you go everyone this will be my last post on this topic.

3:21:42 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

3:21:42 PM : Session ID: 3183329

3:21:42 PM : SMITH: Initial Question/Comment: Hi, I am currently under contact, if i wanted to Switch to Boost mobile which is owned by Sprint would I be changed a cancellation fee?

3:21:47 PM : Juliet H. has joined this session!

3:21:47 PM : Connected with Juliet H.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 3183329.

3:21:47 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Juliet H..

3:21:53 PM : SMITH: Hi

3:22:08 PM : Juliet H.: Hi Richard

3:22:18 PM : Juliet H.: Please hold a moment while I access your account.

3:22:25 PM : SMITH: Ok great thank you

3:24:17 PM : Juliet H.: Let me check the details for you.

3:25:40 PM : SMITH: Ok thank you

3:26:02 PM : Juliet H.: I appreciate your patience.

3:28:22 PM : Juliet H.: I have checked that if you wish to switch your phone to the boost mobile , you need to pay the Early Termination Fee.

3:28:43 PM : SMITH: Ok, so that is Sprint official policy they will not waive the fee?

3:31:07 PM : Juliet H.: If you will switch your lines to the Boost , you still be charged for the Early Termination Fee.

3:31:24 PM : SMITH: Ok thank you for the information, I was just checking for a friend.

3:31:31 PM : SMITH: Have a great weekend.

3:31:42 PM : Juliet H.: You too.

3:31:47 PM : Juliet H.: Bye

Office Policy and not from my brothers , son's, baby's mother.

Take care everyone.

I think everyone else here tallied up and settled the vote on this subject a long time ago while you spent your weekend trying to find a rep that told you no. It sure took you long enough and I wonder how may reps you went through until you got the answer you were looking for. Oh I know. I'll bet the chat was probably down again for you most of the weekend. That's probably why it took you so long.

Least we can agree to disagree. Enjoy what you have left of your weekend there D I C K, AKA Richard.

laurkar2006
07-10-2011, 05:00 PM
All I have to say is whatever!! Some get the fee waived and others do not, or try to find some rep that will say NO....like I said it all depends on who you get and how your track record is with Sprint, they are fair and flexible at times and do work with people. So if you got it waived like my friend did that is awesome, and if you have nothing better to do but stay on line and look for a rep to prove your words are right Hooray for you...your life must be BORING!!! Have a wonderful what is left to this weekend. :)

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.