PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion

DJRider
02-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Sprint Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion and Vocal Labs Survey Also!

http://phandroid.com/2011/02/17/sprint-receives-customer-service-champion-award-from-j-d-power/

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1803

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 17, 2011 - Last week Sprint (NYSE: S) announced its 12th consecutive quarter of improvement in customer satisfaction and first call resolutioną. Today, the company was recognized at the J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Roundtable in Las Vegas as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion – one of only 40 companies to have earned this distinction.

Sprint and the other companies recognized as J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champions, represent the highest-performing companies that deliver service excellence to U.S. customers – both within their respective industries and across all industries measured.

“We are pleased to receive this distinguished honor and proud of the hard work of our employees in enhancing every customer experience,” said Bob Johnson, chief service officer for Sprint. “These important interactions take place in our stores, on our website or in calls to our care centers. What makes this honor especially gratifying is that we received this distinction directly from our own customers. They recognize the consistency and high quality of service we’re committed to providing. Our steadfast focus is on customer satisfaction and it will continue to be our top priority.”

To receive this elite honor, companies must not only excel within their own industries, but also must stand out among leading brands evaluated by J.D. Power in 20 major industries. J.D. Power evaluated more than 800 brands. Companies were identified based on customer feedback, opinions, and perceptions gathered primarily from J.D. Power’s syndicated research and through supplemental research.

“For three years now, we have said the customer experience is among our company’s top priorities,” said Johnson. “That’s why we’ve invested our time and effort to ensure we’re answering customers’ calls faster, resolving service issues on the first call and eliminating the reasons customers contact us with service issues in the first place. We’ve also focused on offering consumer-friendly services such as Ready Now in our retail stores and pricing plans unmatched by anyone else in the industry that provide both value and simplicity.”

In addition to the J.D. Power and Associates honor today, a recent survey from Vocalabs, which tracks the quality of support customers receive from their providers, noted Sprint as the wireless industry leader in call satisfaction. According to the survey, Sprint leads all national competitors in both call satisfaction and first call resolution, two key metrics in the overall quality of customer service.

MsRandall
02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Cool Beans... I love it!!!!

scott559
02-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Congrats to Sprint. As I have said before, I have never had a CS issue with Sprint so they have always been good in my eyes. I hope they aggresively market the news, They need to accentuate all the positives they can.

ccchhhrrriiisss
02-17-2011, 10:44 AM
This is great news! I have noticed a tremendous improvement in Customer Service over the past year (versus previous years).

:tu:

Flipper
02-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Me too....

:)

Now, it's just going to take time for the rest of the public to recognize Sprint and forget about its past mistakes. They sure have made up A LOT of ground from the old days.

heavyd
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
We are no.1....we are no.1...we are no.1

Sent from the 3rd hidden screen of my Kyocera ECHO

YPG
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Go Sprint!

Account Deleted
02-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Wooohooo! CS has def improved, granted it was so bad for a while there wasn't much place to go but up, but they have surpassed any expectations I had. Reps seem semi-informed, polite, and more than anything more willing/eager to help resolve problems. GO SPRINT!

jmalla01
02-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Great news! I've never really ever had any problems with Sprint, but I know other people have. I hope this will help bring in a wave of new customers.

Duffman
02-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Basically, this is all because they hired me.

DJRider
02-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Don't you mean in spite of hiring you, :laughing:

:joke: of course. Congratulations to you and Sprint.

heavyd
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Everything is a joke until someone loses an eye

Sent from the 3rd hidden screen of my Kyocera ECHO

cjldad
02-17-2011, 12:10 PM
This is actually pretty neat to see!
I'm usually proud to have Sprint as my service provider.. They have been upsetting me a little as of lately though..

ccchhhrrriiisss
02-17-2011, 12:16 PM
In light of this news, Sprint has decided to implement a new $10 "premium customer service" fee. Sprint says this will allow customers to enjoy truly unlimited premium customer service.

:p

JUST KIDDING!!!

:lol:

cjldad
02-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Funny and sad at the same time.. :)

edlee
02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
In light of this news, Sprint has decided to implement a new $10 "premium customer service" fee. Sprint says this will allow customers to enjoy truly unlimited premium customer service.

:p

JUST KIDDING!!!

:lol:

please do not give them any more ideas

i can see it now, this additional but required $10 premium customer service fee allows you to call and speak to a live agent with US citizenship

usernameOU812
02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Congrats to SPCS.
Well deserved esp. with the wienerschnitzels that seem to be masquerading as SPCS customers these days.

I look to my right & left, & don't recognize my fellow SPCS customers. Going on 14 years as premier gold.

Wish JDP can give worse customers award to SPCS customers.

Account Deleted
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
allows you to call and speak to a live agent with US citizenship

Like all the banks and their:
Free checking? Suuuure.*
*you can never interact with a human working for us & must do everything via robots** like atms & online
**robots is a cooler term for computers

Sorry turning ot. Back ot: yaaay sprint

lennyj17
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Finally something good....Way to go Sprint....Seems that in spite of the opinions on forums, Hesse actaully does know what he's doing.

Account Deleted
02-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Finally something good....Way to go Sprint....Seems that in spite of the opinions on forums, Hesse actaully does know what he's doing.

I do believe the opinions on forums, of which I assume you are chosing to only focus on the negative since this thread started as an opinion on a forum in which praise is being given, the negative opinions of forums have had less to do with Customer service on a one to one level and more on an upper management level in decisions such as the removal of yearly upgrades, the random price increase (which granted they are entitled to do but let's call a spade a spade) and the introduction of what appears to be a poorly executed phone concept (to be determined). I haven't seen as many complaints about reps with different answers or shady reps or billing errors as compared to the past. That's what I took the survey to be off, but I just skimmed. I'll go read it more now.

lennyj17
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I do believe the opinions on forums, of which I assume you are chosing to only focus on the negative since this thread started as an opinion on a forum in which praise is being given, the negative opinions of forums have had less to do with Customer service on a one to one level and more on an upper management level in decisions such as the removal of yearly upgrades, the random price increase (which granted they are entitled to do but let's call a spade a spade) and the introduction of what appears to be a poorly executed phone concept (to be determined). I haven't seen as many complaints about reps with different answers or shady reps or billing errors as compared to the past. That's what I took the survey to be off, but I just skimmed. I'll go read it more now.

I focus on the Negative because you're forced to...that's all SU has been about The Negative thanks to a few to make it their mission to focus on negatives, also who I see didn't bother to show up here and give Sprint credit where its due.

Typical just Typical :lol:

unbreakableblue
02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
honestly. every thread with this mess.

On topic, congrats to Sprint. Always good to see them move in the right direction.

Duffman
02-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Same ol faces crap on any good news with Sprint.

DJRider
02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Let's stay on topic please. I didn't post this to have a flame fest between people. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO

jessep28
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I've always considered these ratings to not be worth the paper they're written on. However, it does seem like Sprint's making positive strides in the customer service department.

Sent from my half of our Kyocera Echo

Jaggrey
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Don't you mean in spite of hiring you, :laughing:

:joke: of course. Congratulations to you and Sprint.I was sooo gonna post that when I read it... lol

He123321
02-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Funny how a few in various forums (SU being one of them) take this news with open arms :rolleyes: from J.D. Powers. I still remember when they used to rank Sprint dead last in a few categories, and members/people use to say that J.D. Power ranks weren't inaccurate, and bias.

Ah, either way, congrats Big Yellow :tu:

Duffman
02-18-2011, 09:51 AM
JD Powers was just a stooge of Verizon back then. They, too, have improved. They are now much more knowledgeable and have better taste.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.