PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered HERO

Pages : [1] 2

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the HERO is available through sprint telesales right now! I just ordered and have the original $30 SERO plan. I confirmed about 3 times if my plan would work, he said yes. I asked if my plan would change, he said no. :fingers: I have an order # and it's on the way!:headbang2

Saberj
10-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the HERO is available through sprint telesales right now! I just ordered and have the original $30 SERO plan. I confirmed about 3 times if my plan would work, he said yes. I asked if my plan would change, he said no. :fingers: I have an order # and it's on the way!:headbang2

Ahhh! Don't make me second guess my trip to Best Buy tomorrow. :(

SLOYAROLE
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Nice. There must not be an ESN block on the HERO right now. Hope it stays that way.

CatFishDom
10-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I just ordered the Hero also... It should be here tomorrow.... Yeah... I don't have to work next week... Call telesales... Or dial *2

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I just ordered the Hero also... It should be here tomorrow.... Yeah... I don't have to work next week... Call telesales... Or dial *2

what plan do you have?

jd2009
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM

:fingers: Please post your results. Will you be getting it tomorrow?

It's strange, there's no official news about it not being restricted like the Palm pre. But then the instinct HD had no such announcement either.

Saberj
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
If you can keep your plan at Sprint, what's the chances Best Buy won't have to change the plan either? Is it as simple as processing the upgrade, and they only require your plan information if it throws them an error? Or are they always required to go over the plan information?

jd2009
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
If you can keep your plan at Sprint, what's the chances Best Buy won't have to change the plan either? Is it as simple as processing the upgrade, and they only require your plan information if it throws them an error? Or are they always required to go over the plan information?

well, once they try to activate it on the system. That will let them know if it's possible or not.

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
well, once they try to activate it on the system. That will let them know if it's possible or not.
Agreed, but why would the rep place the order if he know's for a fact that phone is not compatible with the plan? I'm hoping for the best and will report back.

I live right above KS, so it should be here tommorrow just as all of my other devices have arrived-next day.

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
trying now, you better not be kidding!

thechosen1ji
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
why would a rep do that? I don't know but its happens all the time specially with reps that are not familiar with SERO plans. I'll wait till tomorrow and see what plans the billing system lets the hero be on.

jd2009
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Agreed, but why would the rep place the order if he know's for a fact that phone is not compatible with the plan? I'm hoping for the best and will report back.

I live right above KS, so it should be here tommorrow just as all of my other devices have arrived-next day.

I never trust those reps. The moment of truth is when you try to activate it online. But I guess if worse comes to worse, u just have to return the cellphone

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow, the rep just said it was released today! Waiting with my fingers crossed! haha **** I cannot wait to get my hands on this shiz!

Awake
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Just ordered mine as well, tm-tsxxxxxxxxxx, I decided to skip Bestbuy.

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Just ordered mine as well, tm-tsxxxxxxxxxx, I decided to skip Bestbuy.
What plan do you have??

ajac
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
hero ordered! geez gf wanted me asap lol

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
OH! MAN! ordered! now only if it will arrive before the weekend!!!

Awake
10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
What plan do you have??

Talk/message/Data Share plan, one of the required plans. The guy called me back asking if I wanted to upgrade one of the other available lines we have lol, I told him no. Out of curiosity I asked if the Hero requires a certain plan, he said no, then he said, "hold on." He just got an email saying the Hero does require a certain plan. Folks who ordered the Hero who did not switch their plan will get a call informing them they in fact do need to change their plan to one of the required plans. I guess it's just like the Palm Pre, reps were incorrectly telling customers they can keep an old plan as long as they have data included. Some people are going to be disappointed.

rangers28
10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm just curious....why would you guys order the Hero, or any phone for that matter, from Telesales when you can get it from BB and not have to wait for the MIR?? I never knew about the BB deal before reading this forum, and I wish I knew before!! What a POA it is to wait 6-10 weeks for a rebate, if it ever does come, and they decide that you're eligible!! Is Telesales matching the BB price or something, or is there some other benefit?

Like I said, I'm just curious why anyone is ordering from TeleSales when u can get one from BB at $179 out the door......don't blast me for asking!! :p

jd2009
10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
See what I'm saying? Reps don't know anything until they try to activate it on the system. The system knows all.

ajac
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm just curious....why would you guys order the Hero, or any phone for that matter, from Telesales when you can get it from BB and not have to wait for the MIR?? I never knew about the BB deal before reading this forum, and I wish I knew before!! What a POA it is to wait 6-10 weeks for a rebate, if it ever does come, and they decide that you're eligible!! Is Telesales matching the BB price or something, or is there some other benefit?

Like I said, I'm just curious why anyone is ordering from TeleSales when u can get one from BB at $179 out the door......don't blast me for asking!! :p

well 1. best buy wont bill to account lol main reason I order directly from sprint

iBLoSTBoY
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Congrats on who have placed their orders, I can't wait to read a few reviews from actual users! Hope none of you get it in the condition phonedog got his! Pictures and reviews asap!!!

And the mentioning of Sero is banned right? Thank God!

Awake
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM

We have a corporate account which qualifies for flat rate pricing. Meaning, instead of having to mail in the rebate, a $100 credit is immediately applied to the order.

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Order Status

If you have any questions about the status of your order, please call us at 1-866-789-8292.
Order Number: dm14-o-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Last updated: 10/08/2009
Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking #
APA6277KT HTC A6277 BAR PHONE KIT 1 2009-10-08

ajac
10-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Order Status

If you have any questions about the status of your order, please call us at 1-866-789-8292.
Order Number: dm14-o-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Last updated: 10/08/2009
APA6277KT HTC A6277 BAR PHONE KIT 1 2009-10-08

wish mine was showing up lol guess alot of people refeshing the page being slow

bls8195
10-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah I don't like BB at all but if they are cheaper then I will use them b/c I hate rebates and mailing them in. Usually BB is never cheaper than anything online, but with phones cannot touch them.

rangers28
10-08-2009, 03:09 PM
We have a corporate account which qualifies for flat rate pricing. Meaning, instead of having to mail in the rebate, a $100 credit is immediately applied to the order.

well 1. best buy wont bill to account lol main reason I order directly from sprint

AH-HA!! I knew there had to be some logical reasons beyond the fact that some people are just lazy!! But then again, I guess that's a good reason, too! lol....

ajac
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
AH-HA!! I knew there had to be some logical reasons beyond the fact that some people are just lazy!! But then again, I guess that's a good reason, too! lol....

and I can talk sprint into giving me 100 off after a few days thus defeating the rebate lol

tuxmask
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM

What's the number to call to get the flat rate pricing?
I do have corp. acct.
TIA.

Matt
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Can you guys do me a favour? When you order your Hero, just post here and don't start a new thread. It just clutters up this section of the forum.

Thanks.

jd2009
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Can you guys do me a favour? When you order your Hero, just post here and don't start a new thread. It just clutters up this section of the forum.

Thanks.

no problems here. :headbang2

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Ordering NOW!!!

Awake
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
What's the number to call to get the flat rate pricing?
I do have corp. acct.
TIA.

If your account qualifies it should already be there, nothing special the rep has to do. The sales person saw that our account qualified while he was processing the order. If your account does not qualify, you can always contact customer service and sweet talk them. I believe flat rate pricing depends on how long you've had the account, is your account in good standing.

Rootwind
10-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Talk/message/Data Share plan, one of the required plans. The guy called me back asking if I wanted to upgrade one of the other available lines we have lol, I told him no. Out of curiosity I asked if the Hero requires a certain plan, he said no, then he said, "hold on." He just got an email saying the Hero does require a certain plan. Folks who ordered the Hero who did not switch their plan will get a call informing them they in fact do need to change their plan to one of the required plans. I guess it's just like the Palm Pre, reps were incorrectly telling customers they can keep an old plan as long as they have data included. Some people are going to be disappointed.

I'm don't think that's the same thing, because I don't believe any of those people were even able to order the Pre once it was available. I would imagine the rep would get a message when submitting the order that the plan was ineligible (and needs a new plan to activate), such like someone trying to order a Pre online for a SERO account.

I guess we'll find out though.

tuxmask
10-08-2009, 03:44 PM
If your account qualifies it should already be there, nothing special the rep has to do. The sales person saw that our account qualified while he was processing the order. If your account does not qualify, you can always contact customer service and sweet talk them. I believe flat rate pricing depends on how long you've had the account, is your account in good standing.

The problem with Sprint reps are legendary...

I received a call from a rep asking about my free airave's order and is there
anything she can do to help. I said yeah..I would like to order a new phone
but I don't want to deal with rebate. No problem.. I ordered the BB curve for free and everything was fine.

Less than a month later, I called telesales to order another phone and they said they couldn't do it. The supervisor of the rep told me the same thing.

Another annoying things about telesales is that they insist on charging
shipping and activation whereas ordering through the web, you
get free shipping,free activation... I've just order a Lotus for my kid for 0 dollar while telesales rep was rambling on about the shipping charge and $18 activation fee.

I was hoping to find a direct number to call for corporate account so I don't
have to deal with these clueless telesales reps.

Awake
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
The problem with Sprint reps are legendary...

I received a call from a rep asking about my free airave's order and is there
anything she can do to help. I said yeah..I would like to order a new phone
but I don't want to deal with rebate. No problem.. I ordered the BB curve for free and everything was fine.

Less than a month later, I called telesales to order another phone and they said they couldn't do it. The supervisor of the rep told me the same thing.

Another annoying things about telesales is that they insist on charging
shipping and activation whereas ordering through the web, you
get free shipping,free activation... I've just order a Lotus for my kid for 0 dollar while telesales rep was rambling on about the shipping charge and $18 activation fee.

I was hoping to find a direct number to call for corporate account so I don't
have to deal with these clueless telesales reps.

Interesting, I cannot remember the last time we've paid for activation and shipping. I made a point with the sales rep today to make sure shipping is waived. He said has to see if the systems allows it, he checked and said the $18 shipping fee can be waived. I asked about activation, he said, "nope, no activation charge either." I do not know if it's the rep or the type of account.

mfowler70
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Receiving a rebate credit from Sprint isn't very difficult. All you have to do is send an email to e-care (or call CS) and ask them nicely and they'll give you a courtesy credit instead. I've done this multiple times.

If you're charged activation or shipping, same procedure, same result. Enjoy.

rpconrad
10-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Also just ordered one for delivery tomorrow

Rep said that the order would not occur/be blocked if SERO activation were blocked/not allowed

We'll see

FYI free 1 day shipping and no activation fees

andyACEcandy
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
so people with SERO 500 are getting the Hero ordered?

Interesting...

andyACEcandy
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM

exactly... i dunno why people think theyll actually get the hero on sero... why do we go through this every time a new cool phone comes out

hedwgidaowl
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Free & Clear Family Plan 1000|
* 1000 Anytime Minutes
* Additional Anytime Minutes $.40 Per Min.
* Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
* Nights: M-Th 8PM-7AM Wknd: F 8PM-M 7AM
* Minutes Are Shared On This Plan
* All Minutes Include Long Distance
* Caller ID, Call Waiting
* Three-way Calling
* Voicemail

Monthly charge for service plan
$50.0
Plan add-ons for

* 3 Numbers, Any Network-UnltdIncluded
* Sprint Unlimited Vision PackIncluded
* Unlimited Sprint Mobile to MobileIncluded
* EVDO CasualIncluded
* Cellular Call DetailIncluded
* Nights and weekends starting at 7pmIncluded
* 500 SMS MESSAGESIncluded
* PCS PICTURE MAILIncluded

--- Do you think I could get this Hero on my primary line? What about add-ons? thanks

andyACEcandy
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you have unlimited data (internet)?

If not, then most likely not

hedwgidaowl
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I have these two:
Sprint Unlimited Vision Pack
EVDO Casual

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
What is the telesales number from a land line?

Doesnt Best Buy charge an activation fee?

ajac
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
woot got my confirmation e-mail

Dear A,

Thank you for choosing Sprint!

Your order information is detailed below.

You may view the progress of your order by visiting www.sprint.com/myorder. Simply enter your order number tm-tsrq-xxxxxxx and click 'go' to verify the status and to track your shipment.

Should you have any questions regarding your order, you can contact us at 866-789-8292 during the following business hours:
Monday to Friday 8:00 am EST to 11:00 pm EST Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am EST to 9:00 pm EST.

Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer service possible. We thank you for your interest in Sprint and look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you for your business,
Sprint Order Support

Please retain a copy of this email for your records.

Order Summary

Order Number: tm-tsrq-xxxxxxxxx
Order Line Details
----------------------------------
Product Details: HTC Hero
Quantity: 1
SKU: APA6277KT
Promotion Code:

Rate Plan and Service Estimated Monthly Charges:
(excludes taxes & certain charges) 26.99

Estimated Shipping: 12.00

Estimated Tax: 29.40

Account Setup Fee: 0.00

Total: 321.39

Billing Information:

Shipping Information:

A

address
Shipping timeframe:
*50 US States and DC: 2-5 days
*Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands: 3-6 days

Sidewinder
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Just called Telesales... is the availability of the phone a function of your account? He went through my account and verified who I am and then said that it's not available until Sunday. Is there some sort of premier status or something that must be achieved?

ajac
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Just called Telesales... is the availability of the phone a function of your account? He went through my account and verified who I am and then said that it's not available until Sunday. Is there some sort of premier status or something that must be achieved?

no idea their try and call again

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Wait, so are you guys able to purchase this with SERO? Has anyone actually activated the phone on SERO?

djxstream
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
i'm looking to create a brand new sprint account (via EPRP link) and port over my number from pre-paid at&t plan...can i do all this over the phone like now and get my hero?!?

mfowler70
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
All of you folks who are ordering the phone thru telesales and hoping to keep your SERO plans are going to be disappointed when you go to activate.

Those telesales agents are telling you what it takes to get you to order the phone.

Commission points, suckers.

snikrep
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Wait, so are you guys able to purchase this with SERO? Has anyone actually activated the phone on SERO?

Don't believe anybody has activated the phone, period.

A few people with SERO have been able to order the phone, and reps have told them the phone will work with their account. Of course, proof is in the pudding - we won't know until they go to activate.

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I already changed my plan to the Everything Data starting tomorrow, I know it wont work with SERO

Sidewinder
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
no idea their try and call again

At this point, if I were to order, it probably wouldn't be shipped today, therefore I would not receive it until next week. I think I'm going to try my luck at the local store on Sunday.

ajac
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
At this point, if I were to order, it probably wouldn't be shipped today, therefore I would not receive it until next week. I think I'm going to try my luck at the local store on Sunday.

well with my experience they dont actually leave the warehouse till lke 11pm at least going by when my touch pro 2 shipped.

Sidewinder
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
well with my experience they dont actually leave the warehouse till lke 11pm at least going by when my touch pro 2 shipped.

Maybe one more phone call is in order then...

RUSS
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM

When I ordered my Tour, I got the e-mail that it shipped around 9:30p

Could be an long night :confused:

snovvman
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Just ordered one as well, against a SERO account. We'll see if they activate when I get it...

RUSS
10-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone notice that the order status page is slow and not working.

Sidewinder
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks! Got a more responsive agent and ordered the phone! I hope it ships tonight to have it for the weekend.

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Yup. Ordered this afternoon and it was working at that point, but, not it takes forever and then says it could not find my order after about 3 or 4 minutes of loading.

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
How long did it take to get email confirmation?

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 05:54 PM

I ordered at 3:45 and got conf email at 5:30.

RUSS
10-08-2009, 06:02 PM

About two hours from ordering.

asnstyle3
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I just got a e-mail from WORSTBUY about early release for Reward Zone members. Oct. 9-10.

"Requires new 2-year in-store activation or eligible 2-year upgrade on Business Essentials Message & Data Plan or an Everything Plan with Data."

PDF LINK.

Linky (http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/2/RWZ_ESE_20091007_RZCore_Couponsv2.pdf)

dirty_sanchez
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I just got shot down. I knew it was a long shot being on SERO. The CSR told me that I'd have to switch to $59.99 EPRP plan in order to get the HERO, PRE, or Instinct. She said I could pick any other phone Sprint sells and use it on SERO. I asked her about TP2 and she quoted me $349.99. :scare: She then told me I could switch to ERPR family plan for $109.99 for 1600 shared minutes.

So I'll wait around til the Samsung Moment is released and hope by some chance that it will be allowed on SERO. If not then I'll continue to drudge around with my Centro unless maybe Sprint gets the TD2 which I'm not that excited about but would be better than me Centro. My wife looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned upgrading to the $59.99 EPRP plan. :rolleyes:

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I will be really disappointed if this is a stunt by sprint to take in early order and not ship till late tomorrow so we receive our phones on Monday and not tomorrow! :scare:

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM
If they ship tomorrow, they can still be delivered on Saturday. I don't know what they use to ship, but FedEX and UPS work on Saturdays.

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
If they ship tomorrow, they can still be delivered on Saturday. I don't know what they use to ship, but FedEX and UPS work on Saturdays.

I have never received a phone from sprint on Saturday, I know UPS/FedEx delivers but for some reason the way Sprint uses them it always ends up being monday. Could be the way they pay those companies. I have my fingers crossed!

boxermansr
10-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I called to order, but was told they aren't shipping them until Monday (which puts them in people's hands Tuesday), now, considering it's Sprint, theres a chance they're 100% wrong, but then there's a chance they're right.

I didn't end up ordering it, as I'll just go to Best Buy and get it tomorrow, and Sprint doesn't offer delivery on Saturday at all (at least they didn't last year when I ordered a phone, told me they just don't offer it period).

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Also just ordered one for delivery tomorrow

Rep said that the order would not occur/be blocked if SERO activation were blocked/not allowed

We'll see

FYI free 1 day shipping and no activation fees

How did you get free 1 day shipping? I asked about that, and they said they only have a 3-5 day delivery option!

boxermansr
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
How did you get free 1 day shipping? I asked about that, and they said they only have a 3-5 day delivery option!

3-5 days is what they tell you, in case "something" happens. It tends to make them look awesome if/when they do get it to you the next day. Generally the email that you get, telling you it's shipped, and giving you the tracking number will say what method of shipping they used; in most cases its "next day air saver", but they've also been known to ship ground.

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Something is telling me that we won't have this phone in our hands till Monday/Tuesday..for those who ordered today.

ajac
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
well same things were said about the touch pro 2 and they got here alot sooner then everyone released

StarmanDX
10-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I was told that I would have mine on Monday. Just got off the phone with them.

jstraw
10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
If I was told I could have a certain phone on a certain plan, I'd ask to have that noted on my account. If Sprint then refused to activate that phone on that plan, I'd be asking for a UPS call tag to return the phone.

Just sayin'.

havanahjoe
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Just ordered mine through Telesales.

The guy told me I would get it Tuesday at the latest but might get it earlier. I thought about holding off and just walking into a Sprint store on Sunday and getting it then, but since there is a good chance that I might get it tomorrow I went ahead and ordered it.

I was not charged an activation fee or shipping. I have an Everything Data Family Plan.

The rep congratulated me on being "one of the first" Sprint customers to have the Hero lol.

The Order Status page is slow for me too (too many people checking for their Hero order status?).

I don't think UPS or FedEx delivers on Saturday for Sprint (they usually charge an additional fee for Saturday delivery), but I ended up picking up a phone order from the UPS distribution center once. It wasn't a Saturday, but maybe it would be possible to pick it up on a Saturday if it's at their distribution center. :headbang2

SporkLover
10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm just curious....why would you guys order the Hero, or any phone for that matter, from Telesales when you can get it from BB and not have to wait for the MIR??

There is the ability to be able to charge to your account VS paying for it at a 3rd party retailer. I believe that may even save on taxes.

Then there is the annoyance if your phone breaks in the first 30 days and having to go back to Best Buy to get it addressed. It used to be worse than that, in that if it broke within the Manufacturer warranty period you would have to go to BB, but Sprint fixed that.

From my experience, BB typically doesnt have the stock level of a normal Sprint Corporate store, and if they don't have a phone to exchange with you, then you get their crappy loner phone until they get new ones in. There were countless complaints about that issue when the TP came out and people had bad ear pieces/raised buttons/other QC issues.

Sprint Stores, believe it or not, make it much easier from the returns perspective.

vhmike73
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Anyone who's ordered have any idea what the price of this phone is for those of us not 'upgrade eligible'?

I got home from Iraq at the end of May and started a new line of service with Sprint...and of course, now the GOOD phones start coming out. So what is the price of this thing with no upgrade option available to you? And do they still offer a rebate and instant savings off the full price? Will BB be able to offer any sort of price break?

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Anyone who's ordered have any idea what the price of this phone is for those of us not 'upgrade eligible'?

Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 76.99

Estimated Tax: 48.22

Account Setup Fee: 18.00

Total: 558.21( once i get it activated I'll call into customer care and try to get the set up fee and shipping charges waived.)

Krayzie Joe
10-08-2009, 08:24 PM
How is everyone getting free shipping? Sprint is really pissing me off...

snovvman
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Somone please post if they get a tracking number for tomorrow's delivery. I'm curious what the fulfillment's cutoff time is, so please also include the time ordered and timezone.

When I ordered the TP2 on that fateful Thursday (having seen that it was available for order), it was mid-afternoon on the West Coast, and I got it on Friday.

Thanks.

dyamond
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Just ordered the hero thru sprint. My phone should arrive on Tues.

Tech Star
10-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I am going to be buying this tomorrow to replace my Mogul. I have a question though.

Will we be able to tether the internet on Android with the Simple Everything plan?

Captain Slow
10-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Order in! :D

Found out that Customer Service will not sell you a Hero. Telesales will. I had to call CS first to add myself to our EPRP Family plan; the dude was pretty blown away when I told him "a bunch of friends" were able to order a Hero through telesales. His response was that "they have the same system as us and it's not even listed" - apparently not, since telesales processed my order no problem after I told him to transfer me. "Good luck, man, I'll follow up with you tomorrow and let me know if it worked," he said before transferring me to telesales. Otherwise, "I can try to hook you up tomorrow if not" - probably meant adding me to a backorder/presale list or something like that. Currently waiting on confirmation e-mail.

I'm bummed tho, I couldn't get the rep to waive the $12 shipping charge! After a bit of pushing, she said something like "I waived activation, but I can't also waive shipping. I have to choose one." Balls. They waive both all the time! :icon_smil

vhmike73
10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, the Sprint yoyo I just got off the phone with told me the phone isn't available and "he doesn't know when it will be, they haven't released that information to us yet." When I asked what the price will be for non-upgrade eligible people, he again stated they didn't have the information and it was unknown to him when it would be released.

Typical Sprint CS...love the coverage and service, hate their CS.

snovvman
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 76.99

Estimated Tax: 48.22

Account Setup Fee: 18.00

Total: 558.21( once i get it activated I'll call into customer care and try to get the set up fee and shipping charges waived.)

Found out that Customer Service will not sell you a Hero. Telesales will. I had to call CS first to add myself to our EPRP Family plan; the dude was pretty blown away when I told him "a bunch of friends" were able to order a Hero through telesales. His response was that "they have the same system as us and it's not even listed" - apparently not, since telesales processed my order no problem after I told him to transfer me. "Good luck, man, I'll follow up with you tomorrow and let me know if it worked," he said before transferring me to telesales. Otherwise, "I can try to hook you up tomorrow if not" - probably meant adding me to a backorder/presale list or something like that. Currently waiting on confirmation e-mail.

I'm bummed tho, I couldn't get the rep to waive the $12 shipping charge! After a bit of pushing, she said something like "I waived activation, but I can't also waive shipping. I have to choose one." Balls. They waive both all the time! :icon_smil

That's strange... I ordered directly from Telesales with no questions asked. I gave the guy my phone number, he identified it as SERO. I also didn't have to ask for shipping nor activation to be waived. They already were...

Order Number: tm-tsrh-xxxxxxxxx
Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 0.00

Estimated Shipping: 0.00

Estimated Tax: 48.72

Total: 528.71

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Somone please post if they get a tracking number for tomorrow's delivery. I'm curious what the fulfillment's cutoff time is, so please also include the time ordered and timezone.

When I ordered the TP2 on that fateful Thursday (having seen that it was available for order), it was mid-afternoon on the West Coast, and I got it on Friday.

Thanks.

+1 please

neodarksaver
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I called in, i have SERO, and the rep told me i can exchange the my recently upgraded TP2 for the Hero. But he quoted me 279.99 with no information on rebates. I am more interested in bringing the TP2 price down somehow though :(

Captain Slow
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I also didn't have to ask for shipping nor activation to be waived. They already were...

That's how it usually is for me. Just switched over a couple lines a few days ago and upgraded the phones as well - activation and s/h where waived without asking. This was the first time I've heard of a rep having to "choose" between one or the other. Seriously? Was it because I was joining a family plan instead of establishing a new account? Either way, lame.

You think I can get the s/h fees credited back on my account? I'm thinking a quick little chat with eCare might do the trick... :eyebrow:

vhmike73
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, I"m on hold with them now...they wanted to charge me $80 in taxes (I'm not upgrade eligible, so the price of the phone is $479.99), plus $12.00 shipping and $18.00 activation. When I asked if they could waive the activation at least, they said since I get a 15% discount through the Army, I could only have one promotion at a time- meaning either pay the activation and keep my monthly plan discount, OR waive the activation and lose the monthly discount...

Awesome. I'm a "Premier" customer in good standing on my account, and they can't eat an $18.00 "activation" fee...when if I got a phone off EBay, I could activate it online FOR FREE....ugh...

Still waiting for the rep to get back on the line...I balked at the 16% sales tax they were "estimating" that he "had no control over"...

vhmike73
10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
So since the mods hijacked my thread response where I detailed my pain with Telesales, I just got off hold- and this $80 tax thing they "estimate" is non-negotiable, mandated by the government and there's nothing they can do about it.

Guess I'll go on Sunday to a local Sprint store and only pay NYS sales tax, not this imaginary tax bill Telesales wants to gig me with...unbelievable. At least I won't get stuck with a 'shipping' charge...and maybe they can even waive the activation there in the store...

lookitsrobss
10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
ok so my hero came and im on SERO and it WORKED!!!! OMFGGGGG!!!!!

PhoneFreak
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Ordering mine through Retentions right now. They are working up the deal and calling me back after my headaches with 7 Palm Pres. I'm curious to see what they will come back with.
I've been a customer for 10-years and 6 of them with the company, so I should do well :lol:

eXplicit081584
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM

Proof?

havanahjoe
10-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Order Summary

Order Number: tm-tsen-xxxxxx
Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 19.99

Total: 328.71

havanahjoe
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM
That's strange... I ordered directly from Telesales with no questions asked. I gave the guy my phone number, he identified it as SERO. I also didn't have to ask for shipping nor activation to be waived. They already were...

Order Number: tm-tsrh-xxxxxxxxx
Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 0.00

Total: 528.71

Why is your estimated monthly charge 0.00? Could this mean that it won't be able to get activated on a SERO plan?

eXplicit081584
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Order Summary

Order Number: tm-tsen-xxxxxx
Order Line Details
Promotion Code:

(excludes taxes & certain charges) 19.99

Total: 328.71

Are you on SERO? Does this mean you will continue to keep the SERO plan?

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Can we please have proof, e.g., a screenshot of your account showing the phone overview and plan from sprint.com

jd2009
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Can we please have proof, e.g., a screenshot of your account showing the phone overview and plan from sprint.com

he's messing with you

dreamphyre
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Why is your estimated monthly charge 0.00? Could this mean that it won't be able to get activated on a SERO plan?

Its probably because he bought the phone outright without extending a contract.

RUSS
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Mine shipped. I have a tracking number.

snikrep
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM

Nice try.

chiratsu
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Mine shipped. I have a tracking number.

Russ when did you order? time please! :/

Captain Slow
10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
You think I can get the s/h fees credited back on my account? I'm thinking a quick little chat with eCare might do the trick... :eyebrow:

Damn. No dice. :mad:
Guy kept telling me that it was a "valid charge since it was not purchased at a Sprint store or through sprint.com," which is technically true - but, uhh, what about everyone else getting the charges waived?!

"You're lucky to have even gotten the activation fee waived..." Pffft. f*ck that. I guess I'll just send an e-mail to eCare later.

RUSS
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Russ when did you order? time please! :/

Today at 12:30 CST

captainknievel
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Got it through telesales for $179 flat rate, no activation or shipping fee. Dialing *2 put me through to customer care, not telesales. So watch out for that. Customer care had no idea about the Hero. Get phone on Monday, which is fine because I work weekends and can't get in line, etc.

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Shipped!!! Ordered aprox. 3:30 today! Shipping from Louisville, KY via next day air saver UPS! Wont be going to class tomorrow!

dmora01
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I ordered the hero today at noon and i did not received any email:indiff: ??????

ajac
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Shipped!!! Ordered aprox. 3:30 today! Shipping from Louisville, KY via next day air saver UPS! Wont be going to class tomorrow!

ug hope to get tracking number soon lol they always so slow when it comes to me lol

paulnelson20
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
ug hope to get tracking number soon lol they always so slow when it comes to me lol

Just keep mashing the F5 button. Eventually something has to happen!:fingers:

eXplicit081584
10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
As soon as these phones start arriving, I hope SERO members will post their results in activating the Hero on their existing line. I'm waiting til Dec. 1st for when my $150 upgrade rebate is available, and that'll be more than enough time to find out if it will really work with the SERO plan or decide on what new plan I want to get.

ajac
10-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Just keep mashing the F5 button. Eventually something has to happen!:fingers:

man as slow as the website is going tongiht I may just go by my sprint store tomrrow and get one lol I thought aout getting 2 should have just did it whe n I ordered the 1

snovvman
10-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Its probably because he bought the phone outright without extending a contract.

Correct!!

SlashSl
10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
just called 888-882-4030
was nicely asked to change my SERO plan to anything else

krwshl
10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I just called as well ... was told I needed to change from Free and Clear to the everything data plan :(

papaslides
10-08-2009, 11:02 PM
How do we know for sure that all of these phones will be activated on your SERO plans when they arrive?

My concern is that these telesales reps don't know any better and are shipping off phones and when you try to activate them the system will deny it and at best you will out the money to ship it back to Sprint.

If by some chance they do work I wonder if it's legit or if maybe sprint just hasn't set up the ESN block or whatever it is they did with the Pre/Instinct. And if that's the case will those of us waiting to see how this pans out end up out in the cold because of caution?

Anyhow these are my thoughts, I'd love to hear that it did in fact work :fingers: as I have been dying to have an android phone and the Hero looks incredible... but at the end of the day I just feel lucky that I have the SERO plan, and if I have to miss out on the coolest new phones to enjoy amazingly cheap service then that's the trade off... and sorry to my fellow SERO folks, we should all just chill out and be happy with what we get. (Even if it isn't what we want)
:wavey:

searocko
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Same here! :tu: Ordered at 2:30 Pacific and just got my UPS tracking number for delivery tomorrow!

Jocelyn
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
and sorry to my fellow SERO folks, we should all just chill out and be happy with what we get. (Even if it isn't what we want)

I agree and think that's really all we were doing, until the others came in and decided to start trolling. :wavey:

Diana Prince
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
How do we know for sure that all of these phones will be activated on your SERO plans when they arrive?

My concern is that these telesales reps don't know any better and are shipping off phones and when you try to activate them the system will deny it and at best you will out the money to ship it back to Sprint.

If by some chance they do work I wonder if it's legit or if maybe sprint just hasn't set up the ESN block or whatever it is they did with the Pre/Instinct. And if that's the case will those of us waiting to see how this pans out end up out in the cold because of caution?

Anyhow these are my thoughts, I'd love to hear that it did in fact work :fingers: as I have been dying to have an android phone and the Hero looks incredible... but at the end of the day I just feel lucky that I have the SERO plan, and if I have to miss out on the coolest new phones to enjoy amazingly cheap service then that's the trade off... and sorry to my fellow SERO folks, we should all just chill out and be happy with what we get. (Even if it isn't what we want)

Very good post.

ajac
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Just ordered mine through Telesales.

The guy told me I would get it Tuesday at the latest but might get it earlier. I thought about holding off and just walking into a Sprint store on Sunday and getting it then, but since there is a good chance that I might get it tomorrow I went ahead and ordered it.

I was not charged an activation fee or shipping. I have an Everything Data Family Plan.

The rep congratulated me on being "one of the first" Sprint customers to have the Hero lol.

The Order Status page is slow for me too (too many people checking for their Hero order status?).

I don't think UPS or FedEx delivers on Saturday for Sprint (they usually charge an additional fee for Saturday delivery), but I ended up picking up a phone order from the UPS distribution center once. It wasn't a Saturday, but maybe it would be possible to pick it up on a Saturday if it's at their distribution center. :headbang2

fedex deleivers on saturday I ordered mine on the 4th and got it saturday morning and now getting our hero tomrrow via ups.

jaz0305
10-08-2009, 11:16 PM
confirmed i am sleeping by the door tonight ups guy comes by 9:30 am yes my HERO will be on it..

snovvman
10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
fedex deleivers on saturday I ordered mine on the 4th and got it saturday morning and now getting our hero tomrrow via ups.

AFAIK, only FedEx Ground "Home Delivery" will deliver on Saturdays without additional cost. That is because they only deliver Tuesday through Saturday.

FedEx Ground for business addresses is Monday through Friday and all of the air service requires the "Saturday Delivery" option and additional charge.

jaz0305
10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
who cares for fedex, UPS come to papa!!!

aulkyle2
10-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Found out that Customer Service will not sell you a Hero. Telesales will. I had to call CS first to add myself to our EPRP Family plan;l

Just wonder what number you called to change yourself over to the EPRP. I am planning on calling and converting my sero 1250 to the EPRP 500 this weekend.
Any tips? Should I just call and give it to them straight.. I would like to change my plan to this... please and thank you? Will I need to know any employee info?

Thanks

jaz0305
10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
i think *2 will just do it

papaslides
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I just had a thought, does anyone here remember what was going on around this time back with the Pre... was there a slew of people who ordered it thinking it would be fine on SERO only to receive it in the mail and not be able to activate it?

Not trying to be a naysayer but I'm just curious if this is just round 2 of the same hype of excitement concerning getting a phone on SERO that isn't supposed to work...

jaz0305
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
my hero will be here 9:00 am. When you all BB reward zone members will be going to store after 10 am just think i will be playing with my hero....lol

fatboy
10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
my hero will be here 9:00 am. When you all BB reward zone members will be going to store after 10 am just think i will be playing with my hero....lol

my BB opens at 9am :)

jofeejoe
10-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Product Name: HTC Hero
Ship Date/Time: 10/08/2009 20:29

Shipped Via: UPS
Shipping Method: Overnight: Next Day PM
Tracking number: 1ZX8Wxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note, it may take up to 24 hours for your tracking number to be active.

Order Summary
Phone and Accessories Subtotal : $279.98
Account Fee : $0.00
Shipping Fee : $0.00
Estimated Tax : $23.52
Total : $303.50

I guess they do always ship late at night to get everyone's order in. I order around 2pm, took em long enough.

ajac
10-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Product Name: HTC Hero
Ship Date/Time: 10/08/2009 20:29

Shipped Via: UPS
Shipping Method: Overnight: Next Day PM
Tracking number: 1ZX8Wxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note, it may take up to 24 hours for your tracking number to be active.

Order Summary
Phone and Accessories Subtotal : $279.98
Account Fee : $0.00
Shipping Fee : $0.00
Estimated Tax : $23.52
Total : $303.50

the hero is gonna be the womans phone but I plan on playing with it when it gets here lol curious on the android o/s heck maybe I will give my tp2 up for android... LOL probobly not. but heck I can just open up another line...

Beer Abuser
10-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Mine won't be here until 10/9 noonish, when I take my lunch :p

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
the hero is gonna be the womans phone but I plan on playing with it when it gets here lol curious on the android o/s heck maybe I will give my tp2 up for android... LOL probobly not. but heck I can just open up another line...

Yea, I already have the TP2, right now. Currently, I have the ic902 for my other line, I'm ready to upgrade this, and the hero was looking small and compact enough to carry around on my waist with the tp2, plus at a nice price point.

ajac
10-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Yea, I already have the TP2, right now. Currently, I have the ic902 for my other line, I'm ready to upgrade this, and the hero was looking small and compact enough to carry around on my waist with the tp2, plus at a nice price point.

I wish we had sim cards sometimes cause Id love to own 2 just to switch between the 2 whenever I feel like it. But right now for a second pone either the HTC hero or the Samsung moment.. unless we get the HTC hD2 mmmm

Matt
10-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I really hope you guys like your new phones. A new OS is so fun.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 12:43 AM
The order status page does not work for my order. I think I ordered mine too late in the day and I doubt I will get it tomorrow. I wish I had read about this sooner.

I placed my order at 5:30 PM Pacific. That doesn't leave a lot of time for shipping stuff from KY.

Captain Slow
10-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Just wonder what number you called to change yourself over to the EPRP.

The order status page does not work for my order. I think I ordered mine too late in the day and I doubt I will get it tomorrow. I wish I had read about this sooner. I placed my order at 5:30 PM Pacific.
Ditto, on pretty much everything lol. My order status page was working earlier today, but I can't seem to load it up right now. Didn't get an e-mail re: shipping, so I assume mine will be sent out tomorrow as well. I really hope they do Saturday deliveries!

On another note, I'm still trying to get my $12 shipping charge credited back, but sadly no one is budging. :(

Elliott
10-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I spoke with three reps tonight. The first one was an actual sprint *2 rep. He said he didn't think I could have the Hero on my legacy plan, but he would double check with his supervisor. When he came back, he said I could have the Hero on my account, and he would transfer me to telesales to order it.

I next spoke with a woman who not only said that I could have the phone, but I would also be eligible for the $100 MIR. This was a red flag. I don't think there is any doubt on the boards as to whether or not you need some kind of everything plan in order to get the MIR. I then tested her to see if she could even really see my account.

rep: since you are using your handset upgrade discount, you won't be able to use the update again for 23 months.
me: since I am a premier customer shouldn't I be able to upgrade in 12 months, do you see that I'm a premier customer?
rep: ohh yes, I do now see that you are a premier customer and you will be able to upgrade after 12 months

Some where in the conversation I mentioned having a 2000 minute plan. She said she could see that also. She didn't know what she was talking about with the MIR, and she clearly couldn't see my plan because I do not have 2000 minutes and I am not a premier customer. When I confronted her, I was mysteriously cut off. I called back, got a supervisor, and he too had problems reading my account information. Finally he told me I would not be able to have this phone unless I changed to an everything data plan or SEP. I told him there are a lot of people who have already ordered the Hero without these plans. He said unfortunately they have sold a lot of Heroes tonight to customers that will not be able to activate them.

In summary, I think telesales is outsourced to a group that doesn't care about sprint, just about selling phones. They don't know what they are talking about, have trouble understanding what I'm saying, and I'm not sure if they are really given the information about our plans or if they just can properly read it. I really hope the supervisor was wrong, and everyone who gets their Hero is able to activate it on a SERO and/or legacy plan. I would love to give WM the boot also. We'll have to wait and see...homestretch :-\

Krayzie Joe
10-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Still no tracking number, this is getting annoying

dreamphyre
10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Hoping some old sero (fair and flexible) people post their outcome early. I would like to head up to best buy this morning if we are good to go, and if not I guess I'll be off to ebay to find a good deal on a tp2. Also, does anyone have an idea if best buy or sprint will be getting the tp2 in store soon?

Something else to note is that Sprint has the Samsung Moment advertised on their front homepage. I never saw the hero advertised except through www.sprintenterprise.com/hero. The moment must be their flagship andriod phone. Makes me wonder if us old plan users can really activate the hero. I guess we will find out shortly.

I noticed someone on here mentioned that a sprint rep said HTC never had any phones with plan restrictions. Granted this may be the first to have that, also with the fact that this is the first non-windows phone released from HTC with Sprint. I wonder if HTC could say no way to the plan restrictions. Does the manufacturer have a say in that kind of stuff?

tolson2
10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
call 888-503-3078 for SERO users. I just ordered my HERO for $279.99 before $100MIR. No issues at all. Sales lady told me all day yesterday and today every call they've been getting is for the HERO. She said they've recieved more calls on HERO preorders than the Palm Pre. Anyway, sERO users, no worries. I wasn't asked a single question about upgrading plans!!! I took a whole 5 min!

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
On my way to pick her up ladies and gents, will confirm in about 30 min. if this thing works on original SERO

tuxmask
10-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Before you give up your cheap SERO plans... Check this out...
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195629

kewlazme
10-09-2009, 08:52 AM
This would make my life much happier to be rid of WinMo but keep my SERO! Please update immediately!

yugoli
10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
i just ordered from EPRP. i have sero 500 about 18months into the contract so $75 discount. took 5 minutes - salesperson was gushing over the phone saying that's her next phone.

all in it was about $460 with ny tax. free shipping.

DaniDiva
10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Before you give up your cheap SERO plans... Check this out...
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=195629

but the instinct HD isn't a smartphone. :td:

i personally joined this forum today to see what everyone says about the HERO on SERO now that we can get official news, but my hopes are not up. :Popcorn2:

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 09:11 AM
On my way to pick her up ladies and gents, will confirm in about 30 min. if this thing works on original SERO
It's official, it forces me to upgrade from the original $30 SERO. :frustrate
On the phone with :bang: Sprint, to get my return kit. Sorry, but no plan change is worth this awesome phone.

boxermansr
10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Guess Sprint better update their current (expiration 10/31) rebate form, as it still states all you need is a data pack of 25.00 or more, for the *rebate*, but its not under the same section of devices that require a "special plan" (pre, instinct). What BS, Sprint does it again.

snovvman
10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
It's official, it forces me to upgrade from the original $30 SERO. :frustrate
On the phone with :bang: Sprint, to get my return kit. Sorry, but no phone is worth this awesome phone.

Well, there we have it. The deed is done. Depression...

Thanks for the report. You probably should post here at well so you can ruin people's day in masses :-) :

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195570

kewlazme
10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
ARGGGGGG!!! There goes my weekend

.yaas.
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
i think i'll still update from sero. i've had it long enough and so tired of winmo and phone restrictions. 59.99 is still a good deal for everything. I understand if others want to keep it though.

lowspeed
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
So i just ordered... i have the old SERO 500 ... the lady said i can keep it... got her employee ID and all... let's hope...

kewlazme
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM
It's probably a sales gimmick..
1. Get the phone in the users hand
2. Let him play with it and bask in its awesomeness
3. Then tell him he can't have it without upgrading

It is more likely that he can be persuaded now that the phone is in his hands and he growing attached.

.yaas.
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM
By the way, does anyone know if I can bill to my account when I go to an actual sprint store in nyc?

tuxmask
10-09-2009, 09:35 AM
but the instinct HD isn't a smartphone. :td:

i personally joined this forum today to see what everyone says about the HERO on SERO now that we can get official news, but my hopes are not up. :Popcorn2:

Instict HD is also one of those phone that require everything data plan similar to HERO,PRE, and Instinct...

I guess Sprint's tactic of gently forcing people with cheap SERO (F&C with free add on) onto everything data plan are working with these phone restriction.

The point is that in their system, they must allow the activation just not with a regular rep w/o the authority to do so.

Jocelyn
10-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Instict HD is also one of those phone that require everything data plan similar to HERO,PRE, and Instinct...

I guess Sprint's tactic of gently forcing people with cheap SERO (F&C with free add on) onto everything data plan are working with these phone restriction.

The point is that in their system, they must allow the activation just not with a regular rep w/o the authority to do so.

Exactly, and thanks for linking my thread so many times. Its as if people are afraid to respond :laughing:

.yaas.
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
call 888-503-3078 for SERO users. I just ordered my HERO for $279.99 before $100MIR. No issues at all. Sales lady told me all day yesterday and today every call they've been getting is for the HERO. She said they've recieved more calls on HERO preorders than the Palm Pre. Anyway, sERO users, no worries. I wasn't asked a single question about upgrading plans!!! I took a whole 5 min!

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
It's probably a sales gimmick..
1. Get the phone in the users hand
2. Let him play with it and bask in its awesomeness
3. Then tell him he can't have it without upgrading

It is more likely that he can be persuaded now that the phone is in his hands and he growing attached.

I agree

tuxmask
10-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Exactly, and thanks for linking my thread so many times. Its as if people are afraid to respond :laughing:

I say the new management of Sprint are cleaning up their act and trying to
bring Sprint back to profitability. They are cramping down on PAM on Blackberry
as well. Good sign in term of business sense, bad sign for folks who has been
getting away from using PAM w/o paying.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, looks like I won't be getting mine today:

Your order is awaiting processing at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery. If you have questions, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.

Ordered too late during the day. Oh well. I haven't seen any new threads commenting about experiences with the phone! No one has it yet??

ajac
10-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Your order is awaiting processing at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery. If you have questions, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.

Ordered too late during the day. Oh well. I haven't seen any new threads commenting about experiences with the phone! No one has it yet??

ours should be here by 5 going by the track record of UPS delivering to my housing area last lol

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
ours should be here by 5 going by the track record of UPS delivering to my housing area last lol

LOL. I get that too.

I just thought that being 11 AM on the east coast someone would have gotten one from Best Buy or might have gotten a delivery. If someone got it already they are probably too busy playing with the phone :P

lightYear
10-09-2009, 10:21 AM

Have you tried reading this thread yet?

Already one user confirming it's a no go on SERO. I think that EVERYONE who ordered the phone should open it, play around with it, try activating it, etc. Then return it. Maybe Sprint will get the picture and (1) get their crap together and not allow anything like this in the future to just be sold so blindly and (2) do something to address all the questions that always arise in these cases. Forget trying to decode different revisions of rebate forms, what one Sprint rep said, what your mother told you, and what the magic 8 ball said... just have Mr. Hesse take 4 seconds to say definitively that the phone cannot be activated on SERO - so don't even try.

How long till Sprint gets overwhelmed with an ungodly amount of Hero returns that will now become "refurbished" units?

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Have you tried reading this thread yet?

Already one user confirming it's a no go on SERO. I think that EVERYONE who ordered the phone should open it, play around with it, try activating it, etc. Then return it. Maybe Sprint will get the picture and (1) get their crap together and not allow anything like this in the future to just be sold so blindly and (2) so something to address all the questions that always arise in these cases. Forget trying to decode different revisions of rebate forms, what one Sprint rep said, what your mother told you, and what the magic 8 ball said... just have Mr. Hesse take 4 seconds to say definitively that the phone cannot be activated on SERO - so don't even try.

How long till Sprint gets overwhelmed with an ungodly amount of Hero returns that will now become "refurbished" units?

I should have worded my question differently. I read that it's a no go on SERO, but I guess in my head it didn't count because the user didn't say anything about the phone itself, so I should have asked if no one has posted their impressions.

I was on SERO for a while, it was great, it was cheap and on top of the SERO pricing I even had a 27% corporate discount taken off each month. I was paying my lowest phone bill with Sprint, but I was carrying an AT&T Bold at the same time.

I finally decided to kick AT&T and moved my number to sprint while upgrading to an 8350i. I had to move away from SERO, but I got an Everything Data Family Plan and I still get my discount. The service is great and the price is just right. I am happy to give Sprint more money for the usage we give to our phones. The only thing I wish Sprint allowed me to do was pick a lower minute plan, we never get close to the 1500 minutes we have, and now with Any Mobile, it's going to be even more difficult.

That said, I don't blame Sprint for restricting how SERO plans are used. Good deals don't last forever. They're not forcing anyone to leave the plan.

That's just my opinion.

everette25
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Im just gonna get it b4 i work sunday at the sprint store. Question im out of town. if i didnt like it would i have to send it back to that store or could i mail it to sprint?

docgiggs
10-09-2009, 11:26 AM
jofeejoe,

Did you actually buy it and try to activate it yourself, like through the website? Or did you go to Bestbuy and try to buy it but was refused because you have a SERO account?

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I went on ahead and changed my plan, lol, to the EPRP 59.99-you have to pay 2 play. I'm one of the lucky ones who have the dis. stacked=15.5 more per month to play, only This phone is awesome, f.y.i. it just might be worth the upgrade. Very fluid phone, im amazed!

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
jofeejoe,

Did you actually buy it and try to activate it yourself, like through the website? Or did you go to Bestbuy and try to buy it but was refused because you have a SERO account?

I ordered early yesterday from telesales, I was told I would receive it today, which I did. First thing I did was try to activate online, it forced me to change my plan to a new one. I read somewhere that someone tried BB but they told him he need to upgrade to a SE plan or one that has data.

CatFishDom
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I checked this morning.. I didn't have a tracking number.. But I opened my door this morning and there it was.... Woohoo....

crak
10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Has anybody been able to activate the phone without having an Everything Data plan?

chiratsu
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I checked this morning.. I didn't have a tracking number.. But I opened my door this morning and there it was.... Woohoo....

Please tell me you are serious cause I don't see a tracking # either and hoping and praying that it will deliver! is there a tracking number on your order status page now?

.yaas.
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
they just left it there? I thought required signatures...

chiratsu
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
they just left it there? I thought required signatures...

They never need signatures when its from sprint.

erichouse8
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM

So you ahve had the phone for a coupld of hours now were you able to upgrade it on the SERO plan?

CatFishDom
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes it is here... I live in SLC and ZAGG corp offices are by my house. They are using my device as a hot gadget and making me a shield... So I will be the first lol... I havent tried to activate yet. But I have an everything data plan

sprucebeach
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
So you people who have them working - can you quash those ugly rumors about the phone shipping with Android 1.5?

k00l
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
So somebody at SlickDeals (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=23583760&postcount=239)got it activated on SERO :)

Krayzie Joe
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I just got mine at Best Buy, im gonna return my telesales order...takes too long

Anyone know if I can return a telesales order in a sprint store?

crak
10-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I just got mine at Best Buy, im gonna return my telesales order...takes too long

I might do the same. My phone is suppose to come in on tuesday, but I rather get it at best buy with the instant 100$.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM

I'm tempted to do this too. You should be able to return your order easily once it arrives. Just call them up and say you don't want the phone, they will send you a return shipper. Maybe you can return it to a store, not sure about that.

k00l
10-09-2009, 01:40 PM
The guy at PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1225307&postcount=425) couldn't get it :(

k00l
10-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Activated it yet or not :fingers:

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
So somebody at SlickDeals (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=23583760&postcount=239)got it activated on SERO :)
Not true, impossible

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
So you people who have them working - can you quash those ugly rumors about the phone shipping with Android 1.5?
It has shipped with 1.5

jaz0305
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM
mine self activated

crak
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
mine self activated

What plan do you have?

chiratsu
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
No luck no tracking # FML

JimParks
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
My daughter and I both ordered the Hero yesterday and just checked UPS tracking and they are out for delivery. :D

kam1
10-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I went on ahead and changed my plan, lol, to the EPRP 59.99-you have to pay 2 play. I'm one of the lucky ones who have the dis. stacked=15.5 more per month to play, only This phone is awesome, f.y.i. it just might be worth the upgrade. Very fluid phone, im amazed!

Not sure if i understood this right. You're getting a corporate discount on
the EPRP plan ? Anyone getting a discount on their Everything plan w/
the Hero ? :Popcorn2:

chiratsu
10-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I think I just busted one! its booting up!

abscess
10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I think I just busted one! its booting up!
nuts

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
yep

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM

I get a discount on my Everything Data Family plan. I don't have the Hero on it yet but I don't think it would matter.

Still no tracking number on the order status page and no package has arrived. UPS has usually delivered by this time. I'm tempted to stop by a Best Buy later today and see if I can grab one now that I've read that Best Buy started carrying Sprint in San Diego at the end of September.

jd2009
10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
yep

how and what number did you call?

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
how and what number did you call?
It's not possible to get it added to a Sero or EPRP plan anymore because they consider the plan to already be heavily discounted......I had the discount on my account since 2000 I think, it has never left. Some just are lucky enough for it to stick, however, on my other account, which I had with nextel first, lost the discount which all have old Sero plans.

jd2009
10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
It's not possible to get it added to a Sero or EPRP plan anymore because they consider the plan to already be heavily discounted......I had the discount on my account since 2000 I think, it has never left. Some just are lucky enough for it to stick, however, on my other account, which I had with nextel first, lost the discount which all have old Sero plans.

yeah i have a discount on current account as well and I don't want to lose it. can they guarantee it won't disappear?

jofeejoe
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
yeah i have a discount on current account as well and I don't want to lose it. can they guarantee it won't disappear?
No, there's no guarantee it will stay. If you get a rep who says your not suppose to have it on the account, my advice would be to hang up immediately, lol. It has happened to me a few times, but luckily it stuck like glue.

Captain Slow
10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
once i get it activated I'll call into customer care and try to get the set up fee and shipping charges waived.)
Hey man let me know how this goes for you. I've been hounding Sprint through all means possible trying to get my shipping fee credited back, but I keep getting the same answer. Chat support, eCare e-mail, telesales rep, CS rep, and CS rep's supervisor all said that they straight up cannot credit it back since it is a 100% valid charge and thus the credit would be deemed "invalid."

Then of course it's the whole rigmarole of "If you ordered it through the website..." and my "but it's not listed yet" and their "you must've gotten a nice rep last time" and my "several people get both fees waved through telesales all the time..." etc, get transferred, etc.

I think I just gotta take the $12 hit this time. It's not the fact that I really really need the twelve dollars, but more the fact that everyone and their mothers got both fees waived but I did not. My tip? If you want both fees waived and the rep is unwilling, talk to a different rep. But be nice about it, since technically s/h and activation fees are indeed "valid" fees, and they won't/can't take them back once they charge you for them.

It just seems a handful of reps are a little more strict than others in enforcing this.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey man let me know how this goes for you. I've been hounding Sprint through all means possible trying to get my shipping fee credited back, but I keep getting the same answer. Chat support, eCare e-mail, telesales rep, CS rep, and CS rep's supervisor all said that they straight up cannot credit it back since it is a 100% valid charge and thus the credit would be deemed "invalid."

Then of course it's the whole rigmarole of "If you ordered it through the website..." and my "but it's not listed yet" and their "you must've gotten a nice rep last time" and my "several people get both fees waved through telesales all the time..." etc, get transferred, etc.

I think I just gotta take the $12 hit this time. It's not the fact that I really really need the twelve dollars, but more the fact that everyone and their mothers got both fees waived but I did not. My tip? If you want both fees waived and the rep is unwilling, talk to a different rep. But be nice about it, since technically s/h and activation fees are indeed "valid" fees, and they won't/can't take them back once they charge you for them.

It just seems a handful of reps are a little more strict than others in enforcing this.

That sucks man. I'm surprised they wouldn't budge, in my experience they are usually pretty accommodating. I wonder what kind of notes are on your account. At least Sprint waives some fees, when I've dealt with AT&T for example they charge you for every single thing, and their network sucks :P

My geek side is really anxious to go try and get the Hero from Best Buy, but I don't know if I would have to pay the activation fee there. Does anyone know? I also don't want to have to send the other phone back and them having to sell it as a refurb just because I couldn't wait a few days.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I finally got a tracking number. It was shipped today. UPS Next Day Air Saver does not deliver on Saturdays (correct me if I'm wrong).

Captain Slow
10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm surprised they wouldn't budge, in my experience they are usually pretty accommodating. I wonder what kind of notes are on your account.
Yeah usually I don't have any issues, but I guess since shipping and activation are standard fees (that are usually waived) they can't retroactively waive or refund, since they didn't do anything wrong. The CS rep I spoke to today told me there was a note on my acct saying I called in yesterday about the same issue (never called - did it through Chat Support but whatever); she was nice though, despite the note she still spoke to her super as well as to a telesales rep to try to get it credited, but neither could authorize it. Oh well.

I finally got a tracking number. It was shipped today. UPS Next Day Air Saver does not deliver on Saturdays (correct me if I'm wrong).
Just checked my order status page and sweet, I got a tracking number too! (no e-mail though). I checked out UPS website and unfortunately it looks like you're right - the "Saver" in Next Day Air Saver cuts out Saturday deliveries (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/sat_delivery.html). Weak.

On a sidenote, I found this (http://sprint.com/order/) while trying to get to the order status page. OLD SCHOOL. lol

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Just checked my order status page and sweet, I got a tracking number too! (no e-mail though). I checked out UPS website and unfortunately it looks like you're right - the "Saver" in Next Day Air Saver cuts out Saturday deliveries (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/sat_delivery.html). Weak.

Yeah that's a bummer. In my case though it's a good thing, because the office will be closed tomorrow and that's my ship to address. :D

I do wonder if it would be possible to go pick up the package at the UPS distribution center on a Saturday. My status still has no information on it, and I'm still debating if I should get a Hero from Best Buy. I keep reading all these cool things I want to try on my own. I'll go ask and find out what the deal is and then try to make a decision, but I want to try and be as patient as possible. It's only a few days.

On a sidenote, I found this (http://sprint.com/order/) while trying to get to the order status page. OLD SCHOOL. lol

LOL I have not seen that Sprint logo in a looong time :haha:

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I just got an e-mail from telesales telling me my order has shipped :)

Edit: My UPS tracking page now has more information

Scheduled Delivery Date: 10/12/2009
Shipped To: SAN DIEGO, CA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 10/09/2009
Type: Package
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 1.50 Lbs

Captain Slow
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I just got an e-mail from telesales telling me my order has shipped :)
Hahah me too. Looks like we're pretty synchronized in our order progress. :) Glad to see UPS delivers on Columbus Day (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html)!

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Hahah me too. Looks like we're pretty synchronized in our order progress. :)

LOL I guess we ordered at the same time!

StarmanDX
10-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Mine shipped FedEx for some reason :confused:

rquinn19
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Mine shipped FedEx for some reason :confused:

ups might not do next day to your location

StarmanDX
10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Nah, I've gotten tons of phones from Sprint via UPS before.

yappering
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Anyone get this phone activated on a free and clear retention plan?

snikrep
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Anyone get this phone activated on a free and clear retention plan?

Nope - had to switchover.

I had a 1000 minute F&C family plan (2-lines). Talked to multiple retentions reps who all said the same thing - had to upgrade my plan.

Actually, I do have a voicemail on my phone saying, "I talked to my manager and you can talk to a retentions supervisor and they will be able to get you the Hero on your older F&C plan."

If only the Sprint reps were legally bound to provide us with what they promise :bang:.

aaron130
10-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I ordered mine at midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning. I dont have a tracking # yet. I should get it on Monday correect? When did you guys order yours who are getting it on Monday? I know times before Ive recieved my phone before even getting a tracking #,lol.

havanahjoe
10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I ordered mine at midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning. I dont have a tracking # yet. I should get it on Monday correect? When did you guys order yours who are getting it on Monday? I know times before Ive recieved my phone before even getting a tracking #,lol.

I ordered mine at 17:30ish PST

aaron130
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I ordered mine at 17:30ish PST

So you ordered on Friday? Or late thursday night?

aaron130
10-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I went to best buy this morning and could of picked pone up RIGHT THERE im PISSED!!!! I called Sprint and they said to just refuse the delivery and it will cancel but the problem is I used my upgrade and they wouldnt be able to honor it at best buy until sprint got the phone back!! I was soooo damm mad,lol. Guess Ill have to be patient. I could of bought it right there for $599 but screw that!!

everette25
10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I went to best buy and the guy was an ass and said only for rewards people. Didnt even ask me if i were apart of it, then i asked if it were available sunday and he acted like he was cluesless . Then i was like ok i will just come sunday and he said there might not be any cause they are going fast. what an ass, so i would a half block to the Sprint store just to see if it would be there sunday and the girl said i was the first to ask today and said she had it and would sell it to me;) I was late for work doing the paper work and no juice on the phone so it died 15 mins into work so i just got home and am charging it ;) Wow so excited. Sense ui is amazing however the text in landscape is alittle cramped but im adjusting, and the internet is painfully slow ;( Other then that this phone is gorgeous!!!!!

havanahjoe
10-10-2009, 12:28 AM
So you ordered on Friday? Or late thursday night?

Sorry.. Late Thursday :)

havanahjoe
10-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I called Sprint and they said to just refuse the delivery and it will cancel...

That's actually a good idea... Hmm...

ajac
10-10-2009, 12:31 AM
or just be patient and wait... lol

aaron130
10-10-2009, 12:47 AM
That's actually a good idea... Hmm...

Ya I thought about it the only problem is you wont be able to use your upgrade and will have to pay $599 for it at Best Buy!! And to be totally honest I CAME VERY VERY CLOSE to saying the hell with it and paying $599 so i can play with it all weekend,lol.

havanahjoe
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Ya I thought about it the only problem is you wont be able to use your upgrade and will have to pay $599 for it at Best Buy!! And to be totally honest I CAME VERY VERY CLOSE to saying the hell with it and paying $599 so i can play with it all weekend,lol.

I wouldn't have that problem as I am adding a new line to my family plan. Or I don't think I should have the problem. I think I'll wait though.

dyamond
10-10-2009, 09:28 AM
SAME HERE..
Scheduled Delivery Date:10/12/2009
Shipped To: BRONX, NY, US
Shipped/Billed On:10/09/2009
Type:Package
Service:NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight:1.50 Lbs

jctim
10-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Ordered it Friday morning, scheduled to be delivered on Monday the 12th.

sahair
10-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I just check sprint this morning and finally had my tracking # show up (ordered it Thursday morning). It's being shipped by USPS, has anybody had there phone shipped through the post office before? When I check the # on USPS's site they don't have any info for it.
I also noticed this morning that my current phone wasn't working so went on Sprints web site and found out they already activated the Hero, so I had to change it back over to my old phone, hopefully that means it might come today in the mail.

babakhaan
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
ordered mine for 279 got the 150 credit and the 70 for 2 year renewal .
plus 7$ insurance

KAT
10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
@everette25, You said internet was 'painfully slow.' Was this with a solid EVDO connection, WiFi, bad reception area or what?

azr6
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Can we still not order this online from sprint? Guess we will tomorrow?

djxstream
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Can we still not order this online from sprint? Guess we will tomorrow?

id like to know too, will it be like midnight tonight? if so i may make it an early night out =)

Rootwind
10-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks like you can order it online now. Including with EPRP.

.yaas.
10-13-2009, 01:18 PM
yay I finally have my phone :) It feels weird not seeing my old Sero plan on my account haha

havanahjoe
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I got my phone yesterday too. Today I got the message telling me to plug in my charger :) I spent most of my morning in Tijuana and the bleeding signal was not enough for the Hero to keep it, even though I was really close to the border (I was inside though). I did like the way the phone handle's roaming data and calls, warning you before you incur any charges.

karong
10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Finally got my Hero today. Went to Best Buy and got the last one they had in stock. Paid the 1 yr upgrade price $329. Now i will be online for the rest of the night trying to customize this bad boy

Uifz
10-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Got mine today, unfortunately can't activate it with the plan I have. Anyway know a way around this?

dirty_sanchez
10-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Got mine today, unfortunately can't activate it with the plan I have. Anyway know a way around this?

There is no way around it. The ESN's are only capable of being used on everything plans.

DtownSprintel
10-14-2009, 07:30 AM

How did you order it without someone from Sprint seeing what rate plan you have on your account?

dirty_sanchez
10-15-2009, 07:26 AM
I refused my HERO shipment on Monday the 12th. Checked tracking and it shows that the return arrived back in Louisville at the sprint warehouse yesterday (10-14-09) at noon. No credit back to the account yet. Anyone know how long this normally takes. I am in limbo until the return actually takes place and until I get my $150 upgrade credit back.

MATTHEWAK47
10-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Just ordered the hero does anyone know how long they will be on backorder?
Or how long it took to get theirs now that they have it in their hot little hand?

cbg_vt
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
I ordered mine online on Sunday (10/18) and got it yesterday (10/20). It is awesome, I am upgrading from a Blackberry 8703e which I had for a loooong time (it was *really* cool when I got it lol). I spent ~5 hours last night online & on the phone with sprint because my phone could not connect to the data network....so that sucked, but now it works and it is time to customize.

Samsonite79
10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Ordered Yesterday 10/21/09 and got this today.. :frustrate Oh well, I'll just wait...

Last updated: 10/22/2009
HTC Hero 1 2009-10-22
Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 30 days of receipt.

chad5871
10-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Just so everyone knows... the phone is no longer and backorder and should be in stock at Sprint now. My order that I placed on Thursday was shipped last night.

Penny
10-26-2009, 05:53 AM
I ordered mne Sunday.... I hope I don't have to wait long. I to was going to get mine from BB because I hate to wait....but when I sold my Tour on ebay the guy sent me an echeck instead of immediate payment and it wont clear for 4 to 5 days so, I am impatient and I just ordered from sprint.com and had them bill my account.

cnn357
10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Got my hero a few days ago. I didnt know what the hell to do with it at first but now I think I love it. I upgraded from the Mogul so I was used to Windows Mobile. This is so much smoother and fun to use, but I still miss Windows mobile a bit. All in all, great deal at $179.00 I can deal with this for a year and a half.

Funny thing is that I had some lag problems at first, but it seems to have gotten better. I was gonna take it back because Im pretty sure I have the latest upgrade (1.5?). But now it doesnt lag much at all. Changing view from portrait to landscape has .5 sec lag. that aint too bad.

I wish I had some apps to play different video formats, maybe I havent foudn them yet, but Skyfire was great of WM. Hopefully soon.

Drgoon
10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I have been reading these forums for a while but I will have mine on SUNDAY!! I have someone at BB holding mine. I so far have hooked 2 my friends and convinced another 2 more to get it. Having to wait for my 22 month commit to be up is just torture.

bybcous
10-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Can u believe a flash video ad is playing while I'm typing, I just got mine today and love it, I'm finally getting faster at typing

japester
10-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I've been on the fence for several days now on whether to get the Hero or Samsung's Moment. I actually held the Moment in my hands at my local Sprint store (no it wasn't for sale yet) and it looked kind a bulky and it was heavy. I've been playing with the Hero in the store quite a bit and I'm in love with it. So I guess I'll be picking mine up at BB this weekend!

lateknightucd
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm heading down to BB in 2 and a half hours to pick mine up...can't wait!

dereileak
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
everyone who ordered theres should have just went through best buy and bought one, no rebate messes, they transfer contacts, and are very helpful, I was able to use another line on our family plan to upgrade mine, which helped me alot, and I used a coupon for 50 dollars off, I happen to work there too :P

kwatcha
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Do they have to activate the phone in the store for you?

kwatcha
11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I guess those who did not know about the coupon are out of luck huh?

robtrevino
11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
anyone else have their order backordered? I just ordered 3 and they're out of stock.

chad5871
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
anyone else have their order backordered? I just ordered 3 and they're out of stock.

Don't take that as gospel. For both of my Heros, it showed backordered/out of stock but they still shipped less than 1 business day after they were ordered.

robtrevino
11-04-2009, 07:39 PM
sad thing is I ordered 5 total, 3 heroes and 2 pres... the Pres showed up :indiff:

Don't take that as gospel. For both of my Heros, it showed backordered/out of stock but they still shipped less than 1 business day after they were ordered.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.