PDA

View Full Version : $0 Military Standby Plan!!

bigchico68
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
This is for all you soldiers out there helping to protect our country. Sprint now offers a Military Standbye Plan for anyone being deployed overseas by the Military. The cost of the plan is $0 and it can be used for up to 24 months. To get this put on your account you must contact CS or if at a store they must contact their NSS.

As a side note:
The regular seasonal plan is now $8.99 and can only be used for up to 3 months.

sammyc53
07-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Awesome. This is great, I hope a lot of other companies do deeds like this.

Props to all the troops out there!

Sam

sfhub
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Are you guaranteed to have your existing plan after you no longer need the military standby plan?

bigchico68
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Probably not, but I am not sure about that. The info I got doesn't go into that much detail about things like that.

chargirl
07-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi, Bigchico

where i can find more information on sprint website about the military standby plan? Can you send us the link? I would appreciate it. Thanks

Exit24
07-23-2009, 12:34 PM
It's nice to know they finally did something like this. I ran into that problem quite a few times when I used to work for Sprint.

bigchico68
07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi, Bigchico

where i can find more information on sprint website about the military standby plan? Can you send us the link? I would appreciate it. Thanks

There is no link on there website that I know of, this is info I read from my playbook. I will try and find something I can post up though.

bigchico68
07-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Here ya go I found something however they do not explain it, it gives a number to call...

http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp10702.xml?id16=military_sesonal_plan#__highlight

chargirl
07-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Great, Thank you

boomhower
07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
They should advertise this around as it is a really PR opportunity.

Dan
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
They should advertise this around as it is a really PR opportunity.

You would think they would have info about it on bases to let those going overseas know about it, and perhaps send a notice to anyone who's account is noted for being a member of the armed forces.

thsstud152
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
The MP restricts all services.
Each new deployment qualifies for a new application of the MP.
There is no limit to the number of times a customer may be placed on the MP.
The MP allows military customers to keep their Personal Telephone Number (PTN) without incurring monthly charges or fees while on active duty overseas.
Deployment papers are not needed to place the customer on the MP.
Customers deployed overseas are not required to accept the MP.
Service may be canceled on the line of the deployed customer without penalty of an Early Termination Fee (ETF).
The customer must present valid military deployment papers to cancel service and waive ETF.
Subscribers other than the account holder are eligible for the MP.
For example, an account may be listed under a mother's name but the subscription is for her son.
Taxes are not assessed while the subscription is on the MP.
Late fees should be credited upon being placed on the MP and by the customer's request.
MP customers are exceptions to the updated Right Plan Promise. Customers coming off the MP and returning to a standard Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) plan still have a service agreement to fulfill.
MP customers’ service agreements freeze while deployed and on the plan.
For example:
A customer has a service agreement expiring in 3 months and goes on the MP for 12 months.
Upon return to a regular MRC plan, the customer still has 3 months left to fulfill the service agreement.
Customers receive 3 letters when the MP becomes effective.
The initial letter is just a reminder of the terms and conditions of the MP policy and agreement with a contact number.
*2orCustomer Service (8:00a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET).
Use the Sprint Phonebook if you need to find the correct number. See Instructions for Sprint Phonebook.
The second letter is a 23-month reminder that the MP is nearing expiration and directs customer to call General Care to change to a regular price plan.
The third letter is a 24-month reminder that the MP has expired, and to call in immediately to change to a regular price plan or the customer is auto-migrated to a Sprint selected plan.
Note: Customers deployed continuously longer than 24 months may remain on the plan.
The MP is being offered to military personnel actively deployed overseas until further notice.
Care resumes the account or subscription when the military customer returns.
Returning customers can resume prior plan, if available.

Account Services is the only department that can place you on the plan 800-639-6111.

thsstud152
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
also, its been arround since Nov 22, 2006

Scrumptious
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
They did this for my ex hubby before he left... Worked out great but when we got his line cut back on he had to pick a new plan. Good to see it is still around because that was years ago!

Liquid-X
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
This is for all you soldiers out there helping to protect our country. Sprint now offers a Military Standbye Plan for anyone being deployed overseas by the Military. The cost of the plan is $0 and it can be used for up to 24 months. To get this put on your account you must contact CS or if at a store they must contact their NSS.

As a side note:
The regular seasonal plan is now $8.99 and can only be used for up to 3 months.

Sprint's been offering the Military plan for at least six months if not longer. Lord knows I've mentioned it in several threads in the past.

bigchico68
07-23-2009, 07:34 PM
I have never heard of it til now and it has not been in anyother playbook prior to this that I have seen.

Liquid-X
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I have never heard of it til now and it has not been in anyother playbook prior to this that I have seen.

It's been listed in Sprints knowledgebase for awhile. Of course, Sprint needs to work on how it get's information to us (It's employees).

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.