PDA

View Full Version : Touch Pro 2 - Release date?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

bigchico68
09-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok I was setting up email and sent myself a test e-mail and when I went to click send and receive it said I was roaming and that roaming charges may occur. Is there an option on here like my other phones to set it to Sprint only? I am on an old plan and don't have roaming.. My old phone always worked in my house and it was on Sprint only.. Signal wasn't the best but it worked I could text and email and do internet.. Oh now I look at phone and e-mails came through weird. I went under setting and didn't see a Sprint only setting and I liked that cause I don't have roaming. I hope it pops up and tells me if I am somewhere without a Sprint signal but I usually get signal everywhere but at work in the basement of the hospital.

That is the only option you get is that warning I believe. Go to settings/phone and look under there to see if you see something. On mine I can go to a setting "network service" and change to home only or automatic, but my rom is flashed and I haven't had sprint rom in a while so i forget. I have the TP, I am just assuming the setting menus are the same as the TP 2, I am pretty sure they are. It tells you when you are in roaming so you dont get charged for data roaming. When it says that just click no.

dukedvl
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I read some of my guide last night and I have that link already thanks. I had just went through my phone and I found settings and and commuinications and I knew it had to be in there somewhere to change to Sprint only and I couldn't find it so I came here. I work all weekend and will spend all my breaks reading my guide that came with the phone and changing settings and learning my new phone. It''s not like I've never had a cell phone before and never texted e-mailed or did internet. I just am new to windows mobile and I guess I need to join a windows mobile forum. But I appreciate everyones help on here and I hope everyone gets there phone soon.

I love the keyboard on here and I can type so much better than on my Lotus.. I can't wait for the guys at work to see my phone today they have the new i-phone. But this with a slide out keybaord and the way the screen tilts is cool.. But again thanks everyone who has answered me and helped me.. When did this thanks button start? I hadn't seen that before.

Not sure if you figured it out yet or not but here are the steps:

Start --Settings Icon--All Settings--Personal Tab--Phone Icon--CDMA Services Tab--Select Roaming and Get Settings

You can change your settings there for Sprint Only.

darealohio
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
You guys mad I just ordered my Touch Pro 2 for $200???? And my plan is only $15 dollars a month for 1500 minutes, free nights & weekends, than $8 for unlimited texts, and $15 for unlimited data(tv, internet, etc).... So a total of $38....

You mad??? You mad brah?

I like turtles.

P.S. BTW, I am 100% serious about the phone price and my plan.

Id have to see a copy of your bill and shipping label before Id eat your story!!!!

darealohio
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
EXACTLY i ORDERED MINE FRIDAY AT 11 AM EST, IT WASNT TILL 10 PM I SAW STATUS CHANGE WITH TRACKING INFO. ITS NOW 5:18 PM AND ITS STILL SITTING. ALL MAJOR SHIPPERS ARE OFF MONDAY SO NO PACKAGE PICK UP TILL TUESDAY. SO EXPECT IT WEDS!!!

darealohio
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Guys you will not in a few weeks get this phone for 200!!! Why? Yes verizon and t mobile has it for less. The kicker is go to there websites and compare what they pay for a plan compared to yours! You will see they pay much more each month "esp" verizon customers, thats the difference and they pay off on both sides of the coin.

TheBundo
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
settings, communications, phone, cdma services, roaming, get settings, no option for roaming only which can come in handy when sprint has marginal coverage.

It's easy to add back with a registry hack. Check on a more tech-oriented forum, like PPCGeeks.com. The last Mogul replacement I got didn't have the roaming option, so I just found the hack and was done in a few minutes. Don't forget to soft-reset

everette25
09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
You guys mad I just ordered my Touch Pro 2 for $200???? And my plan is only $15 dollars a month for 1500 minutes, free nights & weekends, than $8 for unlimited texts, and $15 for unlimited data(tv, internet, etc).... So a total of $38....

You mad??? You mad brah?

I like turtles.

Are you 5yrs old????

JackG058
09-05-2009, 05:22 PM

You mad??? You mad brah?

I like turtles.

If you wish, we can press the report button since you feel like taunting and irritating people. I'm pretty sure the mods won't appreciate your attitude anymore than we here do. Besides, I call bull on your post anyway, and I suspect others do too.

courtside
09-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm probably older than you LOL! But I am like a kid with a new toy! This is my 1st smartphone so I am enjoying it but new to all the windows mobile stuff. Guess I'll spend the next couple hours reading my manual and setting up my e-mail.. Does anyone know the screen size? I usually upload my pictures from here but I'm sure this phone won't be listed yet.

lol. k. reading your questions it seems like you know the answer but need verification

uranidiot
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Are you 5yrs old????

I THINK HE'S RICKY HENDERSON.:lol:

jcw
09-06-2009, 11:20 PM
for those of you that have it...is there alot of lag on the phone?

ajac
09-06-2009, 11:21 PM

almost 0 lag its like nite and day from my touch pro 1

londonpopstar
09-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Hey folks I'm new to this board so bear w/ me. For those of you who got the phone already, has anyone tried running wmwifirouter on it? I'm planning on getting the phone within the next couple of weeks, but only if wmwifirouter works well enough on it to support xbox live. My friend was able to connect to xbox live thru his Mogul using wmwifirouter and an xbox wireless adapter. It worked for the most part, but when we played Halo 3, it got laggy at times. Has anyone tried this w/ the TP2? When we were on the Mogul, we weren't sure if it was laggy b/c of his phone or just because of the internet speeds that the phone was getting from sprint. Can anyone shed some light on this topic? Thanx:wavey:

BTSmith
09-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Just tried to order mine (was supposed to go through Executive Services, as I have an open case with them, since I retrurned my Tour, to get the Touch Pro 2)... They called and told me that it will require a plan change. She wouldn't order it unless I agreed to said plan change (which I'm not going to agree to) - but I'm 100% sure its BS either way.

She said that anyone who did order it w/o an "everything" plan would be required to change their plan when they get the device - I doubt this is true, but, for those who have ordered already who don't have an "Everything" plan, I'd make sure to call back and verify (she said that regular CS hasn't been given all of the information since the device hasn't actually "launched" yet, but that she has verified that it will require the change).

I think it's BS, oh well.
It is BS, I have an email from a manager to confirm no changes will be needed. I bought it on a $9.99 a month added line that has free casual evdo and free unlimited text. cost= $350 handset + $240 in service for two years.

BTSmith
09-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Yep this baby is a WORLD phone! :headbang2

Now to be fair my guess is that the firmware will be locked to NOT allow a USA sim in it BUT that is ONLY a guess! The concept is that you can take this baby on a trip to a GSM country and I am going to guess that a Sprint SIM will be preloaded in it to allow it to work on yout plan but again it only a guess (time for a employee to chime in to explain the GSM part to all of us :))
:haha:

It is not locked out for a US Sim but rather the US frequencies are disabled. I just tired an europe based orange and a us based t mob sim and it works.

so the sim has no lock (I bet the Verizon verizon has sim locked to Verizon only as in past) and you can stick in any sim card.

You would use the sprint sim out of the coutnry if you had lots of money but wanted your calls to your actual US number received while overseas.

You would use a local purchased overseas sim if you wanted cheaper rates while overseas. Plus you can use the wifi for data.

BTSmith
09-07-2009, 05:06 AM
you can enable or disable cdma or gsm somewhere in setting
and it doesn't say you can not use gsm sim-card from another operator in manual

it is unlocked, but us GSM frequencies don't work

BTSmith
09-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Just wait until the hackers get ahold of this phone
You wont see the US gsm frequencies enabled by any hack. this isn't the first sprint phone with GSM set to overseas GSM frequencies only, and they have nto been have in teh past. most probably the US frequencies are not enabled at a very basic and impossible to crack level possibly involving hardware limits like antenna.
manual states you can remove sprint sim-card
so, there is a way to hack it to insert another sim-card
otherwise, there will be no sim-card at all
so, everything else is just a few clicks hack or probably nothing
any sim will work, not locked.

tomc585
09-07-2009, 05:47 AM

almost 0 lag its like nite and day from my touch pro 1
I've experienced a little bit.

tool2269
09-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Hey folks I'm new to this board so bear w/ me. For those of you who got the phone already, has anyone tried running wmwifirouter on it? I'm planning on getting the phone within the next couple of weeks, but only if wmwifirouter works well enough on it to support xbox live. My friend was able to connect to xbox live thru his Mogul using wmwifirouter and an xbox wireless adapter. It worked for the most part, but when we played Halo 3, it got laggy at times. Has anyone tried this w/ the TP2? When we were on the Mogul, we weren't sure if it was laggy b/c of his phone or just because of the internet speeds that the phone was getting from sprint. Can anyone shed some light on this topic? Thanx:wavey:

i can only assume hooking my ps3 would be laggy but downloading htc wifirouter does indeed work on this phone.

ajac
09-07-2009, 07:18 AM

well the phone wont matter its gonna be about the connection and a cell phones upload is no where near fast enough for non laggy online play

londonpopstar
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
well the phone wont matter its gonna be about the connection and a cell phones upload is no where near fast enough for non laggy online play

That's just it though. When we used my friend's Mogul to play Halo 3, it was just SLIGHTLY laggy. I'm thinking it was laggy b/c the Mougl's processor is sub-par as compared to the TP2. Someone w/ all the gear should TRY IT and see if the TP2 can support xbox live thru wifirouter... PLEASE! I'M GOING BANANAS OVER HERE!

londonpopstar
09-07-2009, 10:37 AM
i can only assume hooking my ps3 would be laggy but downloading htc wifirouter does indeed work on this phone.

I've read that the PS3 doesnt work well w/ wifirouter, but xbox does for sure work. Do you have a 360 to test it out or know someone who does??

akareem27
09-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Does anybody know when the TP2 goes in the actual store for sell?

digitaliceblast
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Tomorrow. September 8th.

akareem27
09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh I thought that is was only online 9/8,thanx

bigchico68
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM

No date as of yet.

Tomorrow. September 8th.

False.

dhambleton
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
No date as of yet.

False.

Did I miss something?

dhambleton
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Did I miss something?

never mind... read that a couple times and some how just noticed the store part. sorry

JackG058
09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Tomorrow. September 8th.

I called my local store last week. You can go to your store tomorrow and order the phone shipped to you or shipped to the store, and you can overnight it. But you won't be able to actually buy the phone in store tomorrow, at least according to the store I spoke with. I'm assuming they'd want me to buy from them rather than Telesales so tend to believe them.

I've experienced a little bit.

I've read on ppcgeeks that when getting a new WinMo phone the first thing one should do is a hard reset to start completely fresh. According to that poster it helps to prevent the lags and other quirks that sometimes pop up. And it seems reasonable since the phone could have been tested. I know a review on site with a phone shipped to them just like we would receive ours had a missed call on it. Anyway, I get mine tomorrow and I'm going to hard reset before doing anything else to ensure a totally clean and fresh install. That is, unless someone here can tell me that is bad advice for some reason.

xxkennynycxx
09-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I've read on ppcgeeks that when getting a new WinMo phone the first thing one should do is a hard reset to start completely fresh. According to that poster it helps to prevent the lags and other quirks that sometimes pop up. And it seems reasonable since the phone could have been tested. I know a review on site with a phone shipped to them just like we would receive ours had a missed call on it. Anyway, I get mine tomorrow and I'm going to hard reset before doing anything else to ensure a totally clean and fresh install. That is, unless someone here can tell me that is bad advice for some reason.

How do you hard reset the TP2? I know on the Mogul you either instal the rom again or hold the two buttons obove the call end button with the reset button.

east bay rider
09-07-2009, 10:37 PM
well still after lots of playing with my phone it is still in brick mode. I haven't been able to find any info on why this happened so I guess I'm the only one who's tp2 self destructed. I had the phone for 12 hours before it gave me problems and everything was still left stock, straight out of the box setting and all. Has anyone heard of this happening yet? double checked the charger also tried one for my tp1. tried soft reset, taking battery out, and hooking up cable straight to pc and got nothing no lights no sign of wanting to turn on.

please letme know anything that you all think could help, thanks

Exit24
09-08-2009, 05:09 AM
The Touch Pro2 is on sprint.com now for sale.

JackG058
09-08-2009, 07:32 AM
How do you hard reset the TP2? I know on the Mogul you either instal the rom again or hold the two buttons obove the call end button with the reset button.

From the PDF manual on the TP2:

To perform a hard reset:
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Talk and End keys first, and then press and hold the Power button until you see the following message on the screen:
2. Release the Talk key, End key, and Power button. 3. Press the Volume Up button to restore the device to factory default status.
– or – Press any other front panel key to cancel the hard reset and just power on the device.

JackG058
09-08-2009, 07:33 AM
well still after lots of playing with my phone it is still in brick mode. I haven't been able to find any info on why this happened so I guess I'm the only one who's tp2 self destructed. I had the phone for 12 hours before it gave me problems and everything was still left stock, straight out of the box setting and all. Has anyone heard of this happening yet? double checked the charger also tried one for my tp1. tried soft reset, taking battery out, and hooking up cable straight to pc and got nothing no lights no sign of wanting to turn on.

please letme know anything that you all think could help, thanks

I would definitely attempt a hard reset to see if this will bring it back from the dead.

ajac
09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I am noticing on my tp2 alot of dead pixels ugg guess time to exchange it

JackG058
09-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I am noticing on my tp2 alot of dead pixels ugg guess time to exchange it

Are they dead or stuck? I've heard of programs that you can run that can unstick stuck pixels. Dead though, they are just dead. I hope that now that these TP2's are being sent out in much larger quantities that quality doesn't begin to plummet.

ajac
09-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Are they dead or stuck? I've heard of programs that you can run that can unstick stuck pixels. Dead though, they are just dead. I hope that now that these TP2's are being sent out in much larger quantities that quality doesn't begin to plummet.

hmmmm not sure what programs are their out htier i need to run one to see

JackG058
09-08-2009, 08:47 AM
hmmmm not sure what programs are their out htier i need to run one to see

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=228283

There's a link to a program on this thread. Let me know if it works for you.

east bay rider
09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I would definitely attempt a hard reset to see if this will bring it back from the dead.

thanks for that info jack. I tried to hard reset just now and still no sign of life. I guess I'm just going to head to the sprint store this morning and see if they will exchange it

JackG058
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
thanks for that info jack. I tried to hard reset just now and still no sign of life. I guess I'm just going to head to the sprint store this morning and see if they will exchange it

Wow, that sucks. Good luck to you. I know how you must be feeling about now, having just received your phone and its already dead. Hopefully this will be an anomaly and not a sign of things to come. There just isn't any other phone on Sprint that I'm just itching to have now, save this one.

chris311
09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
I went to our local Sprint corporate store this morning (Not a third party) to upgrade our family plan and all of our phones on the plan. I wanted the phones direct shipped to our house but they said that they were not able to direct ship and that they could only get the phones ordered to the store becuase they did not have an SKU numbers for the Touch Pro 2.

He did tell me that they are suppose to get the phones on Thursday at the store. I do not know how much to believe him. He told me that I could order the phones right then and he would call me on Thursday when they get their first shipment in so that I could go and pick up the three touch pro 2's that I want.

I still wanted direct ship so I am now going to upgrade our plan and order the phones online. The only thing that may make me go back to the store to order them is that there would be no shipping charge. If I only knew how true his statement was about the phones being there on Thursday. He gave me his number so that I can call and ask if they have recieved the phones yet.

JackG058
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I went to our local Sprint corporate store this morning (Not a third party) to upgrade our family plan and all of our phones on the plan. I wanted the phones direct shipped to our house but they said that they were not able to direct ship and that they could only get the phones ordered to the store becuase they did not have an SKU numbers for the Touch Pro 2.

He did tell me that they are suppose to get the phones on Thursday at the store. I do not know how much to believe him. He told me that I could order the phones right then and he would call me on Thursday when they get their first shipment in so that I could go and pick up the three touch pro 2's that I want.

I still wanted direct ship so I am now going to upgrade our plan and order the phones online. The only thing that may make me go back to the store to order them is that there would be no shipping charge. If I only knew how true his statement was about the phones being there on Thursday. He gave me his number so that I can call and ask if they have recieved the phones yet.

You should be able to get any shipping charges waived. Most everyone that has posted as I've read have not been charged. If you order today you may have those phones in your hand tomorrow as well.

everette25
09-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I just called my local Sprint store and he said the phones should be in store next week by thursday. I wanted to go in today to play with one but i guess i will have to wait;(

cshirah03
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Can anyone confirm that the Touch Pro 2 works with the original SERO F&F 500 plan? I've been told by 1 Sprint employee that it does and told that it does not by another Sprint employee. Want to confrim before I buy.
Thanks

chris311
09-08-2009, 10:59 AM
You should be able to get any shipping charges waived. Most everyone that has posted as I've read have not been charged. If you order today you may have those phones in your hand tomorrow as well.

Next Day shipping is free? I know that the normal shipping is free, but from what I have seen on this site, people who paid for the Over Night shipping had to pay.

tlubinski3
09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I called about Upgrading my phone to the Touch Pro2 yesterday and the person I spoke with said it would not work on my SERO plan. I would have to upgrade to everything plus. It is double what I currently pay. I saw a post somewhere that said the Touch Pro2 works with the SERO plan so I don't know if the person I spoke with was just saying it so I would change my plan. If I buy the phone straight up, will I be able to activate it and use all of the features with the SERO plan?

east bay rider
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM

I just got back home from my local sprint store, and they also dont have any of the tp2 in stock yet here in northern ca. I used there phone there to contact telesales and they are shipping we a replacement overnight shipment. They told me the fee would be 12 dollars. After exsplaining to them that on my original order they waived the over night fee of 12 dollars they happily sent it out again free of charge for overnight.

I agree jack hopefully this isn't going to be a horrible glitch in the first tp2 released, even with my misfortune I'm still having high hopes for this sweet device.

east bay rider
09-08-2009, 12:05 PM
The key for me to free over night was that I asked the lady if she could promise me that the phone would be at my doorstep tomorrow and she couldn't promise that. Next I mentioned that I need it for work so if its not on time it would be a major burdened so she talked to her supervisor for about 30 seconds and came back with for the inconvenience the fee will be waived. Its basically free if you ask for it, weird huh.

Skaagen
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Fellow TP2 Enthusiasts: After about 45 mintues of trying to find how to submit a mail-in rebate form, I finally found a tiny little hyperlink to the actual form download itself. Sprint definitely does not want to make it easy to submit the mail-in rebate (which is the whole point of mail-in rebates). At any rate, I downloaded the form and created a PDF Form out of the document, so that you can easily fill it out on your computer and then just print it out, without having to use a microscope cuz the print is so small. I hope this makes it easier for everyone to submit their mail-in rebate! Sprint can try to make it hard, but us SprintUsers take care of our own! The .pdf is available at the link below (no account or anything required). I couldn't upload the file to the thread cuz it was too big.

http://senduit.com/7357e5

:bang:

bigchico68
09-08-2009, 03:09 PM

That sales rep was just an idiot because they can direct ship it. They just have to click on device id link and it shows all the phones for order and it is there listed as ppcT7380

deusofhearts
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
So it's not in stores yet? Dang it... You guys ordering through telesales is there any chance the activation fee is waived?

Z24Dawg89
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
tons of people have got the activation/upgrade fee waived.

JackG058
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
So it's not in stores yet? Dang it... You guys ordering through telesales is there any chance the activation fee is waived?

You should be able to get any activation waived. You're going to do it either online yourself, which is what I did, or call in. Its the stores that normally charge you.

And as for shipping, I was told by Telesales that they automatically ship out overnight. And the fact that most people are getting the phones overnighted would seem to make this true, overall.

jrgolfpro
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Touch Pro 2 works with the original SERO F&F 500 plan? I've been told by 1 Sprint employee that it does and told that it does not by another Sprint employee. Want to confrim before I buy.
Thanks

Yes you will be able to activate it on any SERO plan. The employees are clueless. People with SERO plans who have gotten there phones already have been able to activate it.

worosco
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I just went into my Sprint Store to get a TP2 and the guys all looked at me like I was crazy .... apparently, they are not at all stores or have even filtered into the stores as of yet.

B-Real206
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I probably looked pretty crazy today. I just walked into my sprint store, took a lap and walked out. Didn't see it anywhere and over heard a customer asking about it. Seems the staff has no idea when it will be available in stores. Gonna order it through telesales. Didn't want to wait, I would have ordered it on the 3rd had I known. Oh well.

jrgolfpro
09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I just went into my Sprint Store to get a TP2 and the guys all looked at me like I was crazy .... apparently, they are not at all stores or have even filtered into the stores as of yet.

Nope as of right now they are only available through the website or through telesales (over the phone). We should see them in stores within the next few weeks!

JackG058
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
B-Real206, it's time to change your signature line, because now you don't have the TP2 because you didn't order it, not because of Sprint. :) Just kidding with you. Look at it this way: I ordered it last Thursday and didn't get it until yesterday. Sprint shipped mine ground for some reason so the long holiday weekend was extra long for me. Make sure you tell them you want it overnighted.

dianneonly
09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
The Touch Pro 2 is out. Mine is in the mail.
Dianne

Gryphyn
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I went into my Sprint store here in Wichita KS and asked them when they would have the phone and was told they weren't going to get it for 2-3 months! So, needless to say I went the telesales route. Ordered two of them on Monday (holiday), they sent it out Tuesday overnight, and it arrived today at lunch.

Shipping and activation were waived. Strangely though, my sales tax was like 10%, when it is supposed to be 6.3%. Gonna have to look into that.

Awesome device, by the way. Worth every penny.

milkycoins
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks

YES, using it right now

bigchico68
09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

No there is no release date as of yet for the TP 2 in stores.

sfxc13
09-10-2009, 02:05 PM
No there is no release date as of yet for the TP 2 in stores.

Are you thinking October 6th so that they are in stores with WinMo 6.5? Seems like Sprint is holding back on the TP2

Frolin
09-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Was wondering the same, will the Touch Pro 2 be available with WM 6.5 after October 6th? And the pro and con of waiting to get the TP2 out of the box with 6.1 and upgrading, vs. getting it with 6.5?

Also anyone see how V erizon just released their TP2 for only $199 this week?

Wonder if the Sprint TP2 will drop in price in 30-60 days like the Pre did?

bigchico68
09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Are you thinking October 6th so that they are in stores with WinMo 6.5? Seems like Sprint is holding back on the TP2

Yes I too and very confused about why we have heard nothing about a store release yet, because that would boost sales tremendously. When 6.5 comes out it will upgradeable for free on the TP 2, so they very well may be waiting for that, but then again I am still keeping my fingers crossed for september 18th

sfxc13
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Was wondering the same, will the Touch Pro 2 be available with WM 6.5 after October 6th? And the pro and con of waiting to get the TP2 out of the box with 6.1 and upgrading, vs. getting it with 6.5?

Also anyone see how V erizon just released their TP2 for only $199 this week?

Wonder if the Sprint TP2 will drop in price in 30-60 days like the Pre did?

Depending on how tech savvy you are there is no real pros or cons for waiting to get 6.5 out of the box v. upgrading. (IMO if you are not tech savvy enough to upgrade - it requires runnning a program on your computer while your phone is connected - than WinMo is probably not for yoy)

As far as price, a lot of us are waiting to see if the price will drop. Consensus seems to be that it will drop at BB/Wirefly/Walmart/etc and that probably won't happen until after it is in Sprint stores.

sfxc13
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes I too and very confused about why we have heard nothing about a store release yet, because that would boost sales tremendously. When 6.5 comes out it will upgradeable for free on the TP 2, so they very well may be waiting for that, but then again I am still keeping my fingers crossed for september 18th

My theory is that Sprint believes its customers are not intelligent enough to upgrade to 6.5 without having problems. If the customers have problems it will likely cause a lot of returns, tech support for Sprint ($). As a result they are trying to wait until after 6.5 can be released on the device before they sell it.

However since T-Mobile and Verizon released the phone w/6.1, they felt the need to release it too. Otherwise all of the early adopters/must have the newest device people might revolt (and these tend to be people with the largest wireless bills.)

Frolin
09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Sprint site says the $349 after mail in and discounts, is valid until Oct. 31st I think.
The Palm Pre was out for about 2 months before they dropped it's price.

Means they might stick with that price until then at least? So a month and a half wait to see IF they drop the price. My 3 1/2 year old PPC6700 is still running fine so will wait.

skrubol
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
My theory is that Sprint believes its customers are not intelligent enough to upgrade to 6.5 without having problems. If the customers have problems it will likely cause a lot of returns, tech support for Sprint ($). As a result they are trying to wait until after 6.5 can be released on the device before they sell it.

However since T-Mobile and Verizon released the phone w/6.1, they felt the need to release it too. Otherwise all of the early adopters/must have the newest device people might revolt (and these tend to be people with the largest wireless bills.)

This makes some sense. Additionally, I think online customers tend to me more tech savvy than those that stroll into the store to look at the newest eyecandy phone.
Sprint did release a WM6.1 upgrade for the original Touch, but that was more than a couple months after the Touch was released, so circumstances weren't exactly the same.

kwilsonjr
09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I probably looked pretty crazy today. I just walked into my sprint store, took a lap and walked out. Didn't see it anywhere and over heard a customer asking about it. Seems the staff has no idea when it will be available in stores. Gonna order it through telesales. Didn't want to wait, I would have ordered it on the 3rd had I known. Oh well.

I did the same thing on the 8th. Went straight home and ordered via telesales. Had it the very next day in my hot little hand.

This phone is awesome! I will be very happy with this one for a long while, especially with the Windows Mobile update right around the corner.

I can't wait till they start putting the micro LED projectors in these babys.

kwilsonjr
09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Depending on how tech savvy you are there is no real pros or cons for waiting to get 6.5 out of the box v. upgrading. (IMO if you are not tech savvy enough to upgrade - it requires runnning a program on your computer while your phone is connected - than WinMo is probably not for yoy)

There is a 'firmware update' program built in. one click and you're done.

sfxc13
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
There is a 'firmware update' program built in. one click and you're done.

In the past that has been for minor updates not os changes. Don't think there is enough available memory to download the update

w7excursion
09-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Wouldnt you be able to flash it from your memory card? With the help of hspl of course.

sfxc13
09-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Wouldnt you be able to flash it from your memory card? With the help of hspl of course.

yep :D
but that isn't for beginners

w7excursion
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
yep :D
but that isn't for beginners
lol I guess I'll leave it alone then.

Frolin
09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
The software update to wm 6.5 should not be an issue.
The price is for a high end PDA / Pocket PC, not a cell phone.

So often most don't realize, this is NOT a cell phone,
but a Pocket PC and one of the many features of it, is a cell phone.

That said, with Verizon rolling it out for $199,
gotta wonder if Sprint will drop the price from $349 any time soon.
Is $150 worth waiting 30 days... each his own answer.

jmsnyc
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Amazon has the T-Mobile version for $149 for new 2yr customers... plus activation I am assuming...

darealohio
09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Again I state, the price will not drop!!! WHY??? Plan prices, check Verizon/T mobile versus sprint for a 2 yr activation contract, look what they pay, on each and any of there plans. So buy now pay over 2 yr period less or .........

w7excursion
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
They will probably be free in a couple of months

sfxc13
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Again I state, the price will not drop!!! WHY??? Plan prices, check Verizon/T mobile versus sprint for a 2 yr activation contract, look what they pay, on each and any of there plans. So buy now pay over 2 yr period less or .........

darealohio,
Other users have reported getting the phone for $199 through ecare or a third party site. While I agree the sprint.com price will probably not drop there are other options for those who wait.

ajac
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
lol I walked into my local sprint store today to see if they had any armor for it and they went crazy all of them played with it and too kit to te back their bosses saw it and they asked me how I had it already lol

jmsnyc
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
$150 is a little over $12 a month for a year

$6 a month over 2 year.

prices always fall - look at pre

what sux is that they dropped my corp from 25% to 19%

whats good is any mobile feature

w7excursion
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
You should have taken a pic of their envy I mean smiles

darealohio
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I agree but also 3 parties are in 2, 2 yr contracts, 1 with sprint and 1 they purchase the phone thru so double whammy!!! Or certain employers can Nego a deal with sprint and the company gets the rebates on the tail end. Either way this phone is Awesome . I remember when i first began driving gas was .97 a gallon, today I paid 2.49, prices go up people, this is America.

darealohio
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Im not talking about 12/150 ='s look at there pricing in regards to there plans. The pre is not A PDA. This is not a cell phone, it is a PDA with cell phone features, the pre is NOT!!!!

darealohio
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
darealohio,
Other users have reported getting the phone for $199 through ecare or a third party site. While I agree the sprint.com price will probably not drop there are other options for those who wait.

$150 is a little over $12 a month for a year

$6 a month over 2 year.

prices always fall - look at pre

what sux is that they dropped my corp from 25% to 19%

whats good is any mobile feature

I still get my corp disc of 25% of my bill and any Acessory's, But they dropped are 25% off of equipment yrs ago.

jmsnyc
09-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Are you sure it will stay that way? My company is NYC DOE -and it is through evpdiscounts or something like that. The HR page on my job's site still says 25% but when you click through it says 19%. So on a $70 plan it saves about $13.30 but Everything Plus would save me $10 and include an extra 50 minutes.

I called Sprint, the only thing they would do for me as a new customer is waive activation and $25 service credit. I am sure BB will soon have a sale on it.

kwilsonjr
09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Sprint gave me a $75 upgrade discount even though it's been less than a year, plus a $70 service credit and free activation and free overnight shipping. had it in under 24 hours.

I am a Premiere subscriber.

darealohio
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont know, but this is the first time I can remember sprint being this stenchy over phones and I have been with them since 1/99. From what I heard the hero will be the same way telesales only ect. Also remember BB you just dont have to deal with mailing off rebate forms and waiting 6/8 weeks. so still its going to be what 449+tax. Since BB is also a rep in way for other carriers, I think they are stuck with the same sprint price.

ajac
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
got mine 449 + tax + shipping minus 449 for free upgrade + tax waved shipping and activation + 70 dollar credit lol oh and 100 mail in rebate

Frolin
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Would be nice if more firms would follow BestBuy's approach, do away with all 'mail-in rebates' and make it in instant rebate up front. That said, DaReal is correct, it is $449 out the door not $349, then you wait for a month plus for a check in the mail. Wishful thinking but BestBuy figured it out a couple years ago.

...I am waiting for a $50 check for my son's replacement Sprint phone, now 6 weeks later no check yet.

sfxc13
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Any update on in store release date? I'm still thinking post Oct 6 (when WinMo 6.5 will be publicly released and HTC has said it will release a TP2 update -- although Sprint's may not be on the same date)

ajac
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Any update on in store release date? I'm still thinking post Oct 6 (when WinMo 6.5 will be publicly released and HTC has said it will release a TP2 update -- although Sprint's may not be on the same date)

Store told me their thinking the same day as the htc hero or the winmo 6.5 upgrade their not sure I went in to see if they had accessories for it yet cause sometimes they get them way before the pones

Quill
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I am sorely tempted to close this thread since it's not the first time I've had to clean up pointless bickering.

But, I see that there is discussion regarding in store release dates still, so I will leave it. For now.

Next time earns the offenders points ... in fact, I think a week's vacation would be a good idea.

telsea
09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
IMHO it's also pointless to repeat the same thing in multiple threads...

i rarely post anyway, so doesn't matter much to me...

darealohio
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Store told me their thinking the same day as the htc hero or the winmo 6.5 upgrade their not sure I went in to see if they had accessories for it yet cause sometimes they get them way before the pones

So this winmo 6.5 upgrade will be free correct? And where do we get it??

sfxc13
09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
So this winmo 6.5 upgrade will be free correct? And where do we get it??

Yes it will be free. We will either get it from Sprint.com or htc.com (likely sprint but tbd)

zebradude
09-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes it will be free. We will either get it from Sprint.com or htc.com (likely sprint but tbd)

I noticed that the TP2 has a update firmware cpl appl on the phone. it seems that for the firsttime in WinMo world that I knpw about the phone can be upgraded on the phone!

sfxc13
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I noticed that the TP2 has a update firmware cpl appl on the phone. it seems that for the firsttime in WinMo world that I knpw about the phone can be upgraded on the phone!

I believe that this is only for minor updates and not for upgrading WinMo 6.1 to 6.5 (tthe phone does not have a big enough hard drive for 2 OS)

JackG058
09-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I believe that this is only for minor updates and not for upgrading WinMo 6.1 to 6.5 (tthe phone does not have a big enough hard drive for 2 OS)

I'd just add that a completely new OS probably wouldn't be considered a firmware update. That's so much more.

darealohio
09-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Wrong sprint tech support told me when the upgrade comes available there is nothing we need to do but update.

skrubol
09-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd just add that a completely new OS probably wouldn't be considered a firmware update. That's so much more.
What else would a firmware update be? Sure, maybe there are devices in the phone that have their own firmware, but would they have an applet for updating those?
Maybe it handles downloading the update to a sufficiently large storage card and kicking off the update process.

Wrong sprint tech support told me when the upgrade comes available there is nothing we need to do but update.
And Sprint tech support is always right on processes that don't yet even exist...:icon_smil

sfxc13
09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
What else would a firmware update be? Sure, maybe there are devices in the phone that have their own firmware, but would they have an applet for updating those?
The firmware update may be for the bios of the phone. It also may be to update the radio. Typically firmware is small internal control whereas WinMo would be considered Software, but there are no set boundaries between the two so who knows.
Maybe it handles downloading the update to a sufficiently large storage card and kicking off the update process.
That would be cool if they set it up to do that. You can definitely flash from the storage card so it is possible.
And Sprint tech support is always right on processes that don't yet even exist...:icon_smil
truer words ...

JackG058
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
The firmware update may be for the bios of the phone. It also may be to update the radio. Typically firmware is small internal control whereas WinMo would be considered Software, but there are no set boundaries between the two so who knows.

Thanks for the help on the answer. I hadn't seen this thread in my email box for some reason so just now stumbled upon the poster's question to my earlier response.

There are also drivers on this device that deal with 3d animation. To update just that would take something far less than a complete OS update. Just another example. :-)

skrubol
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I've never heard drivers considered firmware.

JackG058
09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
I've never heard drivers considered firmware.

Drivers are a software layer that manage the hardware. I believe they can be included in a firmware update because they are typically small in size. You trying to argue for the sake of arguing, or honestly trying to learn something? I can't figure out your motive.

bronx35
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
anyone know how to get core player for free on tp2 a version that works?

skrubol
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Drivers are a software layer that manage the hardware. I believe they can be included in a firmware update because they are typically small in size. You trying to argue for the sake of arguing, or honestly trying to learn something? I can't figure out your motive.

I've seen the reverse, driver packages may include a firmware update.
I didn't really consider this an argument, but I was discussing it for the sake of accuracy. You're right though, it doesn't really matter at this point.

JackG058
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I've seen the reverse, driver packages may include a firmware update.
I didn't really consider this an argument, but I was discussing it for the sake of accuracy. You're right though, it doesn't really matter at this point.

My apologies for misreading you then. I appreciate the attempts at accuracy. And what were we really discussing anyway? I don't even remember the beginning of this discussion. :lol:

darealohio
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9516838&type=product&id=1218117579348 What will they think of next???

xxkennynycxx
10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9516838&type=product&id=1218117579348 What will they think of next???

That seems cool, I wish they had the attachment to the TP2. I would put one in front of my shifter in my car and be able to just place it there every time I get in the car easy.

sfxc13
10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
... I would put one in front of my shifter in my car and be able to just place it there every time I get in the car easy.

That is a great idea! I would love that.

*Edit: I wonder how it would affect bluetooth quality

qski
10-13-2009, 06:57 PM

wow can you use this with a TP2? if so this is a cool idea i think :tu:

xxkennynycxx
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
wow can you use this with a TP2? if so this is a cool idea i think :tu:

I tried looking but havent seen an attachment like the Iphone has, it's gonna make it a bit thicker of course, but very practical to just put the phone in place and go. I wish they came out with something smaller like the Pre has.

bigchico68
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
anyone know how to get core player for free on tp2 a version that works?

yes I have it on mine and works great. pm me your email and ill send it. I don't remeber where I got this version or I would post a link.

MOCHASEXINESS
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone know when TP2 will be available at RadioShack or Best buy??

mrstak
10-28-2009, 01:00 PM
No one knows. Read somewhere by someone, that some Sprint person told them it'll only be available via telesales but who knows. I was told by a Sprint rep to ask the people at RS or BB as they should know.

bigchico68
10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Anyone know when TP2 will be available at RadioShack or Best buy??

will probably be end of november early december. If they even get it at best buy it might just be in sprint stores.

sfxc13
10-28-2009, 02:51 PM
will probably be end of november early december. If they even get it at best buy it might just be in sprint stores.

Someone on this forum earlier said it would be coming to RadioShack (according to a Radio Shack manager). Similarly, people have said it won't be coming to Best Buy.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.