PDA

View Full Version : Blocked Texts: Do Senders Know They're Blocked?

exi
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I have been told two different things from two reps.

Does a sender within Sprint's network know that their text message was blocked? (Do they receive an undeliverable message or any such thing)?

What about outside of Sprint?

ajac
05-27-2009, 10:36 PM
nope they just think it went through normally

Next Steps
05-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Usually they get a msg back saying "the user is not accepting messages right now".

ajac
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
hmmm that's never happened to me before I was testing how block texting work between my lines and they went through with no issue but other phone never got it

exi
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Usually they get a msg back saying "the user is not accepting messages right now".

One Sprint rep told me this. Another one said that there is no blocked notification.

I'm not sure...

Dan
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM

That is correct, you get a message back saying that the person is not accepting text messages (from you I believe) at this time. Sprint was having intermittent glitches a few weeks ago with the text blocks.

exi
05-28-2009, 12:38 AM
nope they just think it went through normally

That is correct, you get a message back saying that the person is not accepting text messages (from you I believe) at this time. Sprint was having intermittent glitches a few weeks ago with the text blocks.

Having had a rep tell me each of these things... which is it? Anyone try it recently?

What about someone who's on, say, T-Mobile or AT&T? Any difference?

Quill
05-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Having had a rep tell me each of these things... which is it? Anyone try it recently?

I know it doesn't show up as 'user has blocked messages from this number' on at&t phones as I've tested this with Sprint users.
I can't say for other carriers but I believe the message only works within the Sprint network.

ajac
05-28-2009, 12:51 AM

well from personal experience( aka blocked my other lines number and sent a text) it went through but the other phone never received it.

Marlon_JB2
05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
OK from someone who has sent a text message from my Sprint phone to my cousin's Sprint phone, who at the time blocked texts to avoid the charges:

Sprint replies with a text message that says "This user is not accepting text messages right now."

Sprint is the only provider I know that does that.

exi
05-28-2009, 08:33 AM
OK from someone who has sent a text message from my Sprint phone to my cousin's Sprint phone, who at the time blocked texts to avoid the charges:

Sprint replies with a text message that says "This user is not accepting text messages right now."

Sprint is the only provider I know that does that.

Not sure if it matters that your cousin had blocked all messages.

bigchico68
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I have been told two different things from two reps.

Does a sender within Sprint's network know that their text message was blocked? (Do they receive an undeliverable message or any such thing)?

What about outside of Sprint?

No. You wouldn't know if your message was blocked, it would say it went through. Now I dont' know what phone you have, but on mine, it tells me if it was sent or not. If if failed to go through it tells me, but if someone has you blocked, then it is just going to say it went through.

exi
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
No. You wouldn't know if your message was blocked, it would say it went through. Now I dont' know what phone you have, but on mine, it tells me if it was sent or not. If if failed to go through it tells me, but if someone has you blocked, then it is just going to say it went through.

Right, I know what you're saying. I had a Sprint rep say that a blocked sender would receive a "message is being redirected"-esque bounceback.

Dan
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM

I was having erroneous blocks on my account, between the lines on the account. Each time the message was "blocked" the sender got a reply message indicating the person was not accepting text messages at this time. I believe it said "from your number" or something to that affect.

I say this from personal experience, though they *may* have done away with that auto reply.

exi
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
And the newest rep says that Sprint customers will receive a notification saying that I have chosen not to receive text messages (unsure if it specifies "from this number" or equivalent), while out-of-network senders may not receive such a message.

cocochannel
05-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Not sure if it matters that your cousin had blocked all messages.
probably does matter definately

exi
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
probably does matter definately

I would imagine so.

Apparently, the consensus is that for out-of-network blockees, they do not receive any inkling that their message was not received.

Hans Gruber
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Can I get my phone to automatically respond to text messages "my pants are tight"? This would confuse many and give me great joy.

ajac
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I have a touch pro and I have a program magic call i think its called you can set up with rules on when you receives calls or texts. I set it up onetime anytime someone texted me it said " I will get back to you when i am done yanking the chain"

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.