PDA

View Full Version : Question about Late Payment / Non Payment

Jasonb757
05-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm currently a Sprint customer. I'm still under contract with sprint (1 year and some odd months left) and i'm on a spending limit of $150

My question is this: With my account having a spending limit of $150 and possibly not being able to make payment this month, how long does sprint typically allow your services to remain active before turning them off due to non payment/late payment?

Thanks

GrayKode
05-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm currently a Sprint customer. I'm still under contract with sprint (1 year and some odd months left) and i'm on a spending limit of $150

My question is this: With my account having a spending limit of $150 and possibly not being able to make payment this month, how long does sprint typically allow your services to remain active before turning them off due to non payment/late payment?

Thanks

Im Guessing 10days maybe, have you tried calling in and making a payment arrangement?

andre141
05-24-2009, 07:39 PM
after moving this time last year, I was in a similar situation last summer.

I do not have a spending limit, but after calling into Sprint to ask how long until my service was disconnected, I was told 25 days after the bill is due.

So my guess would be as long as you stay under your spending limit, you have 25 days after your bill is due.

Best of Luck!

ryan1918
05-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah that's not true about 10 days, I don't think I have a spending limit but if you don't pay after so long you will get disconnected, I have went over 2 months before I started getting messages *****ing to pay or I might get disconnected, I believe you will be alright if you don't pay this month, but don't let more than 2 months go on or you might get disconnected.

w7excursion
05-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I think it depends on your payment history. The most I have gone was two weeks. The earliest was three days and I got my service shut off. I have no spending limit.

Hans Gruber
05-24-2009, 09:57 PM
My AMEX card expired and my new card wasn't on file with Sprint. I was on auto pay. I gave my new AMEX info and my service was never interupted. I received a courtesy call from billing. This was probably 3 years ago. I have been with Sprint since April 2001. It depends on what kind of customer you are I guess. The Sprint rep didn't sound worried at all and said it was no big deal.

Dan
05-24-2009, 10:59 PM
It is best to figure out when you can pay the bill, make a partial payment if you can and call to let the rep know when you will be able to pay the rest of the bill. The rep may be able to postpone any non-pay suspensions for you as long as you have a reasonable agreement in place.

SRSEN1999
05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I am not on the spending limit either, since I really don't know what that is. But the most I have gone past my due date was 2 days past due, I usually pay it through my phone (*3) or a few days before my due date. Everyone all have been saying this, I guess it all depends on what kind of customer you are with Sprint. Just 8 more months and I will be with Sprint for 10 years. Can't wait!

bigchico68
05-25-2009, 07:34 AM

Thanks

It just depends I guess on your payment history. I have seen people get cut off within two or three days of being late, but I have also seen people go a week being late and still not get cut off.

ATS_rep
05-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Hey whats up?

new to the forum by the way..

typically if you dont make the payment, and if your account is ASL, your account will not be suspended right away but your balance will be carried over to next month and therefore you will be closer to your ASL,

For example if your ASL is 150, your MRC is 69.99, you dont pay anything, your account will not be suspeneded but you will be carrying over 70 more on your ASL.

Sprint removes your Account Spending Limit after a year on the contract without any late payments, after that year, your deposit is also returned

bigchico68
05-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey whats up?

new to the forum by the way..

typically if you dont make the payment, and if your account is ASL, your account will not be suspended right away but your balance will be carried over to next month and therefore you will be closer to your ASL,

For example if your ASL is 150, your MRC is 69.99, you dont pay anything, your account will not be suspeneded but you will be carrying over 70 more on your ASL.

Sprint removes your Account Spending Limit after a year on the contract without any late payments, after that year, your deposit is also returned

First off WELCOME TO SU!!

But that isn't exactly true, the ASL is mainly for people who do a bunch of downloading ringers, songs, games, etc.... and if they hit their limit with extra spending and bill then it will get cut off.

I have seen tons of people cut off that were not at their spending limit. If you are late on your payment, Sprint can cut you off at any time, even if you are under your ASL.

aau007
05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't have a spending limit and I have gone past due for pretty much up to the next due date and did not get disconnect or notice. Only been with Sprint for 6 years. I do realize that they restrict your sprint online account features the next day you go past due. Other than making payment, you can't do much with your online account.

I don't believe there is a set time for disconnect. Probably a whole list of criteria that the computer follows to screen out who to give notice, shut off, etc.

bigchico68
05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't have a spending limit and I have gone past due for pretty much up to the next due date and did not get disconnect or notice. Only been with Sprint for 6 years. I do realize that they restrict your sprint online account features the next day you go past due. Other than making payment, you can't do much with your online account.

I don't believe there is a set time for disconnect. Probably a whole list of criteria that the computer follows to screen out who to give notice, shut off, etc.

Agreed +1

I think every account is different and it depends on if you have good payment history. But then it again it is just a computer that cuts you off, not an actual person, so no way of knowing when it will cut you off.

Marlon_JB2
05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
I actually forgot to pay April's bill. Oops. :p

Nothing happened to me. No restrictions, nothing. I don't have a spending limit either. But the spending limit being "for people who download ringers, games, etc", that can't be right because Spending Limits have been in place much, much, much longer than downloadable cell phone stuff has existed / become mainstream. Seems like it's in place so if someone does default (determined by a credit history), Sprint's losses won't be in the thousands.

ATS_rep
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks!

Yes the spending limit is to limit you on downloading stuff , but what i am trying to explain is that for example...

if your ASL is 150, once you go over 150 (i think the suspension limit is 165 or something like that) your account will be suspended within the next month after a 3 step process..

if you are no ASL, you can have a balance of 600 on the first month, next month get another 300 bill.... you will have another month to take care of the initial 600... and carry over the 2nd 300 bill..

now regarding the ASL :"graduation" (which is basically when sprint removes your ASL:

so basically you wont get your service suspended in less than a month...

Account must be open for a minimum of 18 months.
Account cannot currently be past due.
Account must show positive pay history over the previous 12 months (no more than 3 collection entries).
Last credit class upgrade occurred at least 9 months ago,,,

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.