PDA

View Full Version : What does this message mean? ...

speedmaster
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I sent someone a text message, Sprint sent this message back:
"The customer you are trying to text is temporarily out of service. Msg 2110"

Does this mean that the person's phone is off or off the network temporarily? Or that Sprint has shut off that person's service?

Thanks very much in advance!!!

Chris

ryu hayabusa
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
looks like a network problem, does this only happen when you send a message just to that subscriber?

speedmaster
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
looks like a network problem, does this only happen when you send a message just to that subscriber?
Thanks. Yes, just that subscriber, also a Sprint customer.

trksh22
05-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Do you get the same message when you call? If so that may mean that his service was disconnected. If text messages no longer work then I don't know what. I was gonna say that he may no longer have text messaging but they most likely wouldn't deny him service, just charge him per message.

ryu hayabusa
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Do you get the same message when you call? If so that may mean that his service was disconnected. If text messages no longer work then I don't know what. I was gonna say that he may no longer have text messaging but they most likely wouldn't deny him service, just charge him per message.

it would let you go through and charge you 20 cents UNLESS its been disabled all together. Maybe blocked or no service? thats the only thing i can think of. OR changed number?

Judah
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
if the customer you were trying to text had their SMS blocked or their account was hotlined you would have received a 9230 error

speedmaster
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Confirmed, account has been cancelled. ;-)

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.