PDA

View Full Version : Dialing 11 and then a Sprint Number & Pick 3 Question

grschafer
04-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Has anyone else had a problem when dialing 11 and then a Sprint phone number? It always worked for me in the past but quit working yesterday. Also, does anyone know if you can add your own number to your Pick 3 list so you don't get charged airtime minutes when you check your voicemail?

Thanks so much!!

ryu hayabusa
04-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Has anyone else had a problem when dialing 11 and then a Sprint phone number? It always worked for me in the past but quit working yesterday. Also, does anyone know if you can add your own number to your Pick 3 list so you don't get charged airtime minutes when you check your voicemail?

Thanks so much!!

Good question. Dont know someone should reply pretty quick

L Y T E
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
u get charged for voicemail still???
i thought they changed that when they changed the charging of *2 *4

bigchico68
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM

Thanks so much!!

Why would you dial 11 and then a sprint number??? what is 11 for??? and second I am sure you could get your own number added to your pick three list. But why would you need to. You don't get charged minutes for calling your voicemail. Not if you have mobile to mobile. You are calling a Sprint customer (yourself) so why would you get charged minutes???

Eyecon82
04-23-2009, 01:14 PM

Thanks so much!!

yes you can.....that's what I did

also remember, you can dial option 8 and dial out to any number you want...so making your own number as a pick 3 number essentially gives you unlimited minutes

boxoroxs
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
On some Sprint phones/numbers, calling 11 before the numbers makes it go right to voicemail.

As for getting charged to call voicemail, I think the jury is still out on that.

Eyecon82
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
As for getting charged to call voicemail, I think the jury is still out on that.

try it out yourself...make a quick 5 calls to your voicemail...don't make any other calls..and check before and about 1 hour later and u will see that it comes out of your AT minutes...this fact is irrefutable..you get charged peak mins when calling voicemail during peak times!

mburger
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't calling yourself, which is what getting voicemail is, be under the catagory, almost by default, a mobile to mobile call? I am, after all, calling a Sprint mobile number (my number) from a Sprint cellphone (my phone).

Eyecon82
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't calling yourself, which is what getting voicemail is, be under the catagory, almost by default, a mobile to mobile call? I am, after all, calling a Sprint mobile number (my number) from a Sprint cellphone (my phone).
yes..technically..

but that is not the case.

test it yourself if you don't believe it

creilly28
04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
You get charged for call your voicemail. Always have.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.