PDA

View Full Version : Applied to a sprint store

Striker911
08-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Okay so Saturday I applied online for a job with sprint and Monday I got a call to come in Tuesday for an interview. The store manager said she loved me and introduced me to everyone. Telling them I'm the new hire. She gave me a paper that stated I needed a drug test. She told me to go that day after the interview so we can get everything going and to call Her as soon as I was done. So after the drug test I called her and she was busy but her assistant said she will give her the message. I then called wensday and was told she was not coming into today she was off. So I called one more time on Thursday but to her cell phone. And went to voicemail I left the voicemail and haven't heard anything yet. Under my job status on sprint.com it says under consideration.

Also the other day the job opening wasn't listed but now it is. I'm just wondering does it take a few days to know if you got the job or is the manager just blowing smoke and I don't have one.

Dragonman
08-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

It takes some time. Once the results for the drug test come back there is a background check. Human Resources then sends you an offer letter. If you accept you are hired...mine took about 2 weeks.

Striker911
08-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Ooh good now I'm feeling better. My drug test should be fine and same with my background check.

Just wondering though if your drug test comes back bad do they let you know?

Dragonman
08-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Not sure...never heard about someone who failed one.

pixielee
08-08-2008, 05:50 AM
chuckles at "should be fine" and "do they let you know if you didnt pass"

schmidtj
08-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Can one "study" for a drug test?
;)

pixielee
08-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Can one "study" for a drug test?
;)

yes :cool:

Bumble
08-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Okay so Saturday I applied online for a job with sprint and Monday I got a call to come in Tuesday for an interview. The store manager said she loved me and introduced me to everyone. Telling them I'm the new hire. She gave me a paper that stated I needed a drug test. She told me to go that day after the interview so we can get everything going and to call Her as soon as I was done. So after the drug test I called her and she was busy but her assistant said she will give her the message. I then called wensday and was told she was not coming into today she was off. So I called one more time on Thursday but to her cell phone. And went to voicemail I left the voicemail and haven't heard anything yet. Under my job status on sprint.com it says under consideration.

Also the other day the job opening wasn't listed but now it is. I'm just wondering does it take a few days to know if you got the job or is the manager just blowing smoke and I don't have one.

As dragonman said its not just the drug test, its also the background check as well. When I was rehired back in January, I was the only one considered for the job, and it took 3 business days after the drug test to have that and the background check completed. The manager probably will not have an update until Monday at the earliest.

CaseyGirl
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Store managers do not have assistants. Well, at least not the one in my store. It usually takes a day or two to find out results of the drug test. It's the background check that takes a while. My hire process was completed in two weeks. I interviewed on the 10th of Jan, my manager called me on the 17th to tell me that they're hiring me. The offer letter came two days after that or maybe three. Then I started on the 29th.

Good luck!

lookitsrobss
08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Is working for sprint only an 18+ job?

PokerFace23
08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
she could have an assistant manager. or a lead or two.

mrvid
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Should come back fine? If your looking for a job and wondering if your drug test will come back fine. Maybe your not ready too work yet! A job is just a little more important than drugs! But good luck.

Scoobmd
08-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Should come back fine? If your looking for a job and wondering if your drug test will come back fine. Maybe your not ready too work yet! A job is just a little more important than drugs! But good luck.

I don't think he meant that he uses drugs...
anyway, there are plenty of stuff people eat/take of real problems that can give a false positive on a drug test.

Good luck to ya and hope you get the job see we'll have another Sprint insider at SU.

Striker911
08-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Should come back fine? If your looking for a job and wondering if your drug test will come back fine.
Maybe your not ready too
work yet! A job is just a little more important than drugs! But good luck.

I don't do drugs but I'm a fan of poppy seed bagels and rumor has it that I guess opium is found in that

Priam
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
...anyway, there are plenty of stuff people eat/take of real problems that can give a false positive on a drug test.

Indeed! I've heard that poppy seeds from buns will cause a positive on a drug test. Avoid poppy seeds before drug tests. :)

Scoobmd
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Indeed! I've heard that poppy seeds from buns will cause a positive on a drug test. Avoid poppy seeds before drug tests. :)

You've seen that Seinfeld too huh?

I've also heard that cough syrup may give a false postive for PCP...
There are examples everywhere.
Unfortunately, most employers probably won't take that chance and just assume the worst.

Priam
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
You've seen that Seinfeld too huh?

Nope, I never watch Seinfeld. I don't care for it.

This was actually an experience a friend had. She tested positive and later learned it was from poppy seeds. She'd never once used illegal drugs in her life.

pixielee
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
the poppy seed theory is correct! many moons ago i was dating a gentleman who enlisted in the military - after basic training they sent him to another 12 weeks of something else i cant remember now - lol - anyways everyday i mailed a batch of cookies for him and his barracks to share ... my mom loves to bake and at least once a week we were sending poppy seed cookies - until about 7 or 8 weeks in on a surprise random drug test a member of my boyfriends area tested positive for heroin use - turns out he had been eating LOTS of those particular cookies we sent each week -

we had to sign and send a notarized statement that we had indeed been unknowingly sending the poppy seed cookies - crazy

Freak4Dell
08-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Sounds like Sprint is pretty strict with this. Where I work, I got hired before the drug test and the background came back...I guess they trusted me.

Anyway, yeah, there are lots of things that cause false positives, but most tests nowadays try to weed out as many of those as possible. Still no way to get past the poppyseed thing, though, I don't think.

Striker911
08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
i just checked my sprint.com job status and it changed from under review to offer extended. Im taking it that it went good? anybody have any insite

wBkM85
08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
how do you check your status online?

EDIT: nevermind, found it

Striker911
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
just got the call the other day I am a new tech for sprint :-)

pixielee
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM

congrats!

Bumble
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Congrats. Man, I miss being a tech. So much easier than being a lead.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.