PDA

View Full Version : The New Sprint Web!!!

MadGasser
07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
What do you think? Do you like it? Personally I don't like it right now because it's new. But, it may and I am sure will grow on me.

Trekker
07-13-2008, 01:13 PM
What new Sprint Web are you talking about?

MadGasser
07-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Today when I got online the mobile web had changed "Sprint Home".

Trekker
07-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Oh...the mobile web. Yes they changed it. While it may work better for some, it has more limitations that the previous verson.

See this (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167198) thread.

Edit: I'm assuming you are talking about this site, Sprintusers.com, correct?

cdkb
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Sprint is changing their mobile wap site.

phone-a-holic
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
mine still looks the same

refritos
07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah so apparently it's now called SprintWeb... saw it just now. basically a redesign of the sprint home page... i kinda dig it. i like the fact that there's a google search bar right at the top. they have some featured links below the google search. it looks like the other links at the bottom are the same as what we had before.

this is the first thing i saw before accessing the new sprint home:

"welcome to the new SprintWeb where it's easy to find everything fast. search using google or catch up on the latest news weather and sports. it's the most advanced web browsing available for mobile."

SprintDM
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
what is the webaddress?

is it the vision.sprintpcs.com?

or the sprintusers.com?

cliffr39
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
...is it the vision.sprintpcs.com?

Assumed they meant that.. but looks the same to me still.

ndnguy85
07-14-2008, 08:36 PM
just checked mine. saw this message.

"welcome to the new SprintWeb where it's easy to find everything fast. search using google or catch up on the latest news weather and sports. it's the most advanced web browsing available for mobile."

looks better.

refritos
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
what is the webaddress?

is it the vision.sprintpcs.com?

or the sprintusers.com?

it's the home page on the default browser (netfront) of your handset... when you hit 'web'... a.k.a. sprint home/vision home/power vision home... i got that "welcome to the new sprintweb" message the first time then got redirected to the redesigned start page. now it just takes me straight there. selected "show url" and got: cwvision.sprintpcs.com/cw

perhaps this varies by handset... got it using my M1. maybe pda/smartphone users see something else?

bjn
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
perhaps this varies by handset... got it using my M1. maybe pda/smartphone users see something else?

probably. on my treo, it still looks the same as always.

Dubspoon
07-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I like the new layout, what happened to PCS Mail in the messaging though?

Trekker
07-15-2008, 06:51 PM

Same with my Centro...nothing new there.

refritos
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
I like the new layout, what happened to PCS Mail in the messaging though?

hmmm... yeah, you would think it would be under messaging>email. instead you gotta go: my account>messaging>pcs mail

BigDave757
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
mine still looks the same, it does say "the new sprintweb coming soon"

hominid7
07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I do wish Sprint would update the wap page for Blackberry users.

Bkprbob
07-19-2008, 05:11 PM
No change on Samsung A900. Perhaps it takes a smartphone to see it.

goodiemob
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM
i have the dlx,samepage

hike1751
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I do wish Sprint would update the wap page for Blackberry users.

I miss being able to monitor useage etc. from wap page. I'd like it if BB users could have this access. I guess I'm stuck with getting on the lappy to find out the info or calling *4.

MadGasser
07-20-2008, 04:30 PM
This is really weird. At home I get the new web, but when I am at work 25 miles away I get the old page. Wonder why that is?

jmansr
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't like it. It doesn't improve anything for me. Its just a refomatted page of the same old vision page except it adds a couple of news headlines at the top & the Google search bar. It seems clunkier to me. Treo 700P EVDO.

sde780
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't like it. I liked the white background from before better.

Worked on my M1 as of yesterday

DavidEBSmith
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I can see it on my Treo if I go to cwvision.sprintpcs.com/cw, but the old home page of vision.sprintpcs.com is still the old homepage. And if I click on "Sprint Home" at the bottom of the new version, it takes me to the old one.

cdkb
07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
I like the new look!

knucklehead
07-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

just started today. I check the powervision "home" site every day. today I got welcomed to the new sprint web. its ok, like the headlines.

yappering
07-28-2008, 01:14 AM
the only think i dont like is the menu format goes down and over and down and over, whereas on the old one it just went down. it was easier to navigate before.

DavidEBSmith
07-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I have it on my Treo now, and this is a step backward.

The old Vision homepage connected you to a location-enabled version of Live search that would use the location services in your phone to pick the search location.

The new homepage uses Google search which isn't location enabled.

Bleah.

refritos
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Looks like we finally got some official word on the new SprintWeb via this Sprint News Release (http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1180009).

did learn something new though... apparently that featured content just below the google search bar is brought to us by some personalization technology... all tailored just for you...

"Sprint Web automatically learns what content the customer likes and puts it on their home page..."

The new Sprint Web home page uses technology by ChangingWorlds, a global expert in mobile Internet personalization and content discovery technologies, to provide each customer with dynamic, relevant content and information as a result of their past usage. This makes each customer's Sprint Web home page unique, depending on their interests. For example, if a customer continually goes to sports links, the top sports stories will be featured.

refritos
07-28-2008, 02:29 PM
The old Vision homepage connected you to a location-enabled version of Live search that would use the location services in your phone to pick the search location.

The new homepage uses Google search which isn't location enabled.

i remember using that feature a couple times... even with location turned off on my phone... it would triangulate my general location based on the nearby cell towers. i'd type in "pizza" and get local results without having to manually enter my location. the new google search results give you the option to specify a location... city/state, zip.

Spruce da Bruce
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I have it on my Centro. Looks nice!

hilker09
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Jul 28, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- As customers increasingly count on their wireless phones for on-the-go Internet access, Sprint (NYSE:S) is making it easier for them to get the content they want with today's launch of Sprint Web, a next-generation mobile Web browsing experience on popular Sprint phones. Sprint Web offers an adaptive home page that delivers content based on the customer's previous usage, along with direct access to search from Google Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG). This enhancement is automatic for Sprint customers who currently access the mobile Web on these phones and requires no additional action on their part.

So I'm wondering - when will the BlackBerry page be updated. I'm trying out KeyToss (m.keytoss.com), and it's pretty nice. I still like Opera Mini, too, but if we could get an update to Sprint's site, I might be tempted to use it more often.

bjn
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM

i now have the new page.

ajskhan
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone get it on a q9c?

payasa
08-03-2008, 06:45 AM
I like the new look and the headlines. I don't like the fact that when I check the hourly forcast I get a different location. I only checked that location once or twice. Am I now stuck with the new location? :irked:

Trekker
08-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I like the new look and the headlines. I don't like the fact that when I check the hourly forcast I get a different location. I only checked that location once or twice. Am I now stuck with the new location? :irked:

There is an option to change zip/location.

From the main page if you select category 4 (weather) there is an option to "change zip."

Directly below that there is the "Hourly Forecast" option. If you select that and scroll down to the bottom under "settings" you can change location.

payasa
08-03-2008, 10:00 PM
There is an option to change zip/location.

From the main page if you select category 4 (weather) there is an option to "change zip."

Directly below that there is the "Hourly Forecast" option. If you select that and scroll down to the bottom under "settings" you can change location.

Yeah, but I shouldn't have to change it in the first place. I shouldn't have to go through all those steps in the first place. I usually check it on my break. It takes too much time to go through all those steps.

I did not have to do this before the "New Web".

Trekker
08-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Yeah, but I shouldn't have to change it in the first place. I shouldn't have to go through all those steps in the first place. I usually check it on my break. It takes too much time to go through all those steps.

You should only have to do it once and then it's saved.

payasa
08-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Yeah, I should only have to do it once. Tell that to the "New Web". :frustrate

When I pull up the weather my city comes up. If I check the hourly forcast, another city comes up and I have to change it every single time.

Trekker
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Centro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Yeah, I should only have to do it once. Tell that to the "New Web". :frustrate

When I pull up the weather my city comes up. If I check the hourly forcast, another city comes up and I have to change it every single time.

Try clearing cookies & cache and then re-enter info & see if it saves it.

sde780
08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
How do you get there on Windows Mobile? The one I went to doesn't have the "My account" option, which is what I'll be using it for

payasa
08-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Centro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Try clearing cookies & cache and then re-enter info & see if it saves it.

Thank you so much Chimmer. It worked once I cleared the history.

OKCSprint
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I still have the old home page for A900.

I wish they would say when it will be available to everybody.

hilker09
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm afraid we may never get it for BlackBerry devices. I'm leaning toward changing my home page to either Google or KeyToss. Does anyone have any thoughts one way or another toward these two? I feel very comfortable with Google, but the page is just so long - you have to page forward time and time again to get where you want. KeyToss is still in beta, but I like the way it is much more compact. I believe all my options show up on only two pages.

Trekker
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I just got a new Treo 800w and the home screen is pretty plain. No option to check account or anything like that. It's called "powerdeck."

Bkprbob
08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I have it now on my A900. The interface is a little different with a new logo at the top of the page. The printing seems a little easier to read but otherwise not much change which is fine with me as I can still navigate with the same numbers.

Trekker
08-23-2008, 11:58 AM
The Treo 800w version sucks. No access to my account or anything like that. Even when typing in the same URL my Centro had, you get a menu but it's missing "My Account" info.

Dubspoon
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I lost Sprint Web today, don't even have the old Vision Homepage. Who else is having this issue?

AZMUI
08-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I lost Sprint Web today, don't even have the old Vision Homepage. Who else is having this issue?

I kept getting dns errors and was missing a few options on my sprint vision homepage between thurs-friday this week ... today I got the new updated version ... looks alright but i dont use it much since i have my wap sites bookmarked ... anyways, dont worry, i'm sure they're just updating yours right now and you should have it in a day or so ...

hilker09
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I've switched overf to Key Toss for my home page. I guess if they ever do spruce up the home page for Sprint, I may try it out, but to be honest, Key Toss gives me a lot more flexibility!

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.