PDA

View Full Version : When i dial my voicemail I get a busy signal

dirty_sanchez
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM
I called my centro and after about 6 rings it went to a busy signal. Then I tried accessing my voicemail from the phone and it imediately gets a busy signal.

Anyone know whats up?

dirty_sanchez
07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
bump

PokerFace23
07-02-2008, 11:24 PM
need to reprogram the phone maybe?

Imajika
07-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Your voicemail probably needs to be refreshed and/or the phone needs to be reprogrammed. Call tech support.

dirty_sanchez
07-03-2008, 06:21 AM
I called sprint. They said they needed to reset my voicemail. They told me to power cycle my phone and then try to access my voicemail. They gave me a temporary pin number for access. I called my voicemail and it's still busy.

Damn I'm starting to hate cell phones and gadgets. These things are nothing but hassles.

Deval
07-03-2008, 07:56 AM
I called sprint. They said they needed to reset my voicemail. They told me to power cycle my phone and then try to access my voicemail. They gave me a temporary pin number for access. I called my voicemail and it's still busy.

Damn I'm starting to hate cell phones and gadgets. These things are nothing but hassles.

What happens when anyone calls your phone? Call up customer care, and ask them to verify the programming of the phone, and tell them that when you call your voice mail, you get a busy signal. Also, make sure you call care from a DIFFERENT phone, not your cell phone.

dirty_sanchez
07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
What happens when anyone calls your phone? Call up customer care, and ask them to verify the programming of the phone, and tell them that when you call your voice mail, you get a busy signal. Also, make sure you call care from a DIFFERENT phone, not your cell phone.

It's just like I posted in the first message. If I call my cell from a landline it rings about 5-6 times and then I get a busy signal. Placing and receiving calls work fine. If I try to access my voicemail from the cellphone itself it immediately gets a busy signal. I did call CS and told them the problem. He reset the voicemail and gave me a new pin number. But the same things still happens. I get so frustrated calling CS sometimes with all of the voice prompts and passcodes and then to talk to someone with an accent I can't understand. Maybe I should just take it to a sprint store instead.

Deval
07-03-2008, 08:08 AM
That works too. I'm just not sure since you said when you called your phone, it would ring 5-6 times and go busy, yet you are saying that receiving calls works fine.

I think the best bet would be taking it to the store.

Sim-X
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
mine does the same thing, I had my voice mail removed cause people would always leave me hey call me back messages or hang up messages. Maybe someone removed your voicemail, if I dial my vm I get a busy signal and if someone tries call me, it will play a message if I don't answer saying caller not available or something like that. I figure if someone wants to get a hold of me they can text me. When I had it removed it was thru ecare, maybe ask them to make sure vm is on your account.

dirty_sanchez
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I tried calling again and eventually made it to advanaced technical support. She put me on hold and came back and said, "I sent you a voicemail so I think we got it working". I hung up, looked at my phone and sure enough there was notification of a voicemail. When I attempted to access it I still got the busy signal. So now I have a voicemail icon on my phone with no way to access it. This sucks.

I sent sent a letter to email but who knows when I'll here back from them. Probably next week. :(

Imajika
07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
When you call your voice mail are you using speed dial or actually dialing your own phone number? Try both and see if you get the same error. What happens when you call from a land line (if you haven't all ready)? If you're using speed dial to call voicemail, is it actually dialing YOUR phone number? Let me know. I'll try and figure something out for you. :)

dirty_sanchez
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
When you call your voice mail are you using speed dial or actually dialing your own phone number? Try both and see if you get the same error. What happens when you call from a land line (if you haven't all ready)? If you're using speed dial to call voicemail, is it actually dialing YOUR phone number? Let me know. I'll try and figure something out for you. :)

I've tried calling both ways. I've held down the "1" key and I've also keyed the phone number in by hand. Same results either way.

From a landline it rings 5-6 times before hearing the busy signal.

dirty_sanchez
07-04-2008, 12:53 PM
The idiots at Sprint have bricked my phone for now. They tried to delete my voicemail and then readd it. They coulden't figure out how to do it since I'm on SERO. Now I can't even make or receive a call. The MSID number has been set to 0000000000 somehow. I don't know what the correct MSID number is. So it looks like another call to the retards.

yappering
07-05-2008, 12:57 AM
This is an insane thread. I wonder how this will play out. I've noticed when I call my VM, it rings once when it used to just automatically go to VM with no rings. I think it has to do with my location. If I am in other locations I dont have this problem.

Dubspoon
07-05-2008, 08:43 AM
This happened to all of my phones, it took a few days and there was some reprograming of all the phone's. The only reason it took so long is one of the phones is in another state and had to wait til it was around another phone for the info to be conveyed. This happened after the 15th when getting the t/m/d/s plan but didn't notice it for some days when realizing I was missing calls but not getting messages and when calling couldn't leave a message for one of my subs. What/when did it kickoff for the OP

dirty_sanchez
07-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I took my phone to the local SPrint store and they reprogrammed the correct MSID number. However, they wouldn't touch the voicemail problem with a 10 foot pole. So I don't know what I'm going to do now. Shouldn't I get some kind of credit for the time I've gone without the voicemail?

yappering
07-05-2008, 09:04 AM
yes. you shouldnt have to pay your bill. sprint has totally messed up your phone. i would recommend porting your number to ATT or T mobile and making them waive your ETF since they failed to provide you voicemail which is a normal part of your plan.

5PR1NTUSER
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM
:haha::haha::laughing:

Maybe you can have them pay your new cell phone bill too!

Yummi
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
i just went thru this as well. had to have all 3 lines vm refreshed. sucky part is it starts everything over, so i had to redo my message and all but hey - at least its working now....

going in the store wont help. just call in to *2 from your phone and explain. give them the landline number to where you are and go from there. thats what i had to do and i am now all good......(fingers crossed, knocking on wood)

dirty_sanchez
07-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Yesterday a Sprint rep called me to work on troubleshooting my problem. Real nice guy that spoke perfect english and was easy to understand. We spent about 1/2 hour narrowing down potential issues and much of what he did was rehash of what other reps tried last week. He was able to remove my voicemail and then add another voicemail account. That still did not work. He was pretty amazed to tell you the truth. I think this was a top level tech and he was getting stumped. He mentioned that he might need to send me a new phone although admittedly he really didn't think it was the phone iteself. He thought it was something on their network. At the last second he decided he'd try one last thing. He looked at some internal network setting that could only be accessed via a certain piece of software (I can not remember what he called the software). Sure enough, bingo! There was a toggle in that software that was enabled by a previous CSR that disabled all call forwarding (which includes fortwarding to voicemail). This was done a month or so ago when I was having trouble with the "one ring, pause, to voicemail) issue that I posted about in another thread.

Apparently this setting is not visable in their normal software and was only accessable via this special software I was talking about. No other previous CSR's had thought to look.

So I lost my voicemail settings and old messages (which were only a couple) but at least my voicemail is back. Problem solved.

Handyman_TREO
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Just curious, but your problem start happening around June 20? That's when Sprint released the new Instinct and also when they upgraded their voicemail system to support relaying the number of voicemails in your mailbox (plus the virtual voicemail features of the Instinct).

Perhaps that switch didn't give you a problem before the upgrade.

kermit01
07-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I've had this same problem - contacted Sprint CSR - got lucky!! Found a tech who knew what was wrong - said that Long Distance calls were "restricted". Once the restriction was removed, VM worked normally.

YEA!

Duffman
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I hate to say this, but most tech support agents do not have decent training or critical thinking skills. Your Call Forward Busy or Call Forward No Answer was probably disabled. Not a big deal but either the agents that helped you did not have access to a couple of systems (eSM and Neti) or did not know how to use them. Or, as I suspect you encountered in your first calls, just wanted to do a simple voicemail reset and get you off the phone to save their Call Handle Time.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.