PDA

View Full Version : Text messages taking over 5 mins to recieve and send

x3d33x
11-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Has anyone else been having an issue with text messages lately? Whenever I send or recieve a text message it takes at least 5 mins! Its only been happening for the past couple of weeks.

I believe those people might all be Verizon customers.. Its not always slow like that, but a majority of the time it is and again its only been happening for a couple of weeks.

Could this be my phone? Or Sprint/Verizon network problem? I don't really have many friends with Sprint to really test it with them.

I have never seriously thought about jumping ship until now. I rarely talk on my phone, I mostly text.

plik
11-22-2007, 12:07 PM
5 minutes to send? If you mean your phone will sit there saying "Sending" for 5 minutes then it's a phone issue.

If you mean it takes 5 minutes for the recipient to receive the text, then it's a network issue.

Sprint and Verizon are always having interoperability quirks. Call up, put in a trouble ticket, and cross your fingers.

JonathanFIUWx
11-22-2007, 12:12 PM
its happening the same with t-mobile except its taking like 10 mins to 2 hours

dlichterman
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
I cant even seem to send texts today, keep getting failed with error 00003

Brandon
11-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Actually my phone would say sending and would send but show failed on my phone, along with everyone who had sprint in my area just about. So i just set it to roaming.

dlichterman
11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh I cant even send on roaming!!?!?!?!

Brandon
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow...can anyone else not send while roaming?

Does anyone else you kno that have sprint have texting problems?

dlichterman
11-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Nope, I think it might be a tower thing, I was gonna go for a short drive and see if it works.

misohot86
11-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow...can anyone else not send while roaming?

Does anyone else you kno that have sprint have texting problems?

I'm having problems too. I tried sending my messages earlier at about 10am Pacific ... oh wait! I just was able to send! yay! :headbang2

are there anyone else who couldn't send before could send messages now?

dlichterman
11-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Yep seems like they fixed it!

Brandon
11-22-2007, 01:33 PM
It was happening to me like 2 days ago i thing, i had to switch my phone to roaming for it work right.
But its working now.

sde780
11-22-2007, 02:11 PM
mine is taking forever too, idk why. my tower is NOT congested, i know that fer sure.

Burrito75
11-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Problems here in KC also...

x3d33x
11-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I found texts to other sprint phones are working fine. It just seems to be to Verizon customers for me. Its not a tower issue because I've been all over the city today (toledo, ohio).

Today the delay seems to be even worse, in some cases it took over an hour for people to get my texts.

Deval
11-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Today I noticed some people having issues with SMS...nothing wrong on my end in Jersey

JonathanFIUWx
11-22-2007, 09:02 PM
shentel land is the same and around lancaster too. its not an area thing

NINO63004
11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
i was having issues with sprint to sprint earlier today in my house which any of my phones i have used in my house get 0-2(2bars if lucky). but when i left my house i could send and receive just fine with sprint. when sending to verizon it takes the recepient 5-???? minutes to get it. I was having the same issue with verizon sending it to me taking a long time. now i can receive the texts fine just the verizon phone don't receive it for a long time.

Nino

dlichterman
11-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Looks like the pipes were just clogged this morning.

Burrito75
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Still 20-30 minute lag here in KC. Room mate has verizon. I get his immediately but mine take forever.

josh33_unc
11-22-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah I just recently started talkin to this chick who has verizon. we texted all day yesterday/last night fine, even talked on phone till 5am thurs morning. well her replies to my texts today were slow and lagging. after reading this thread, I see y now :(

sent her a text at 10:26 pm tonight, got a reply at 11:13 pm :td:

NINO63004
11-22-2007, 11:43 PM
yeah I just recently started talkin to this chick who has verizon. we texted all day yesterday/last night fine, even talked on phone till 5am thurs morning. well her replies to my texts today were slow and lagging. after reading this thread, I see y now :(

sent her a text at 10:26 pm tonight, got a reply at 11:13 pm :td:

yeh it has to be a verizon network issue.

i can receive vzw messages now fine (i was within the last hour, vzw # i text now is sleeping so cant test it now) but vzw # i text is getting mine late from 5 minutes - 2 hours. i can received sprint to sprint fine.

Nino

josh33_unc
11-22-2007, 11:47 PM
lol awww marissa getting her beauty sleep even though she don't need any?

Matt
11-22-2007, 11:49 PM
SMS seems fine between Josh and I.

NINO63004
11-22-2007, 11:51 PM
lol awww marissa getting her beauty sleep even though she don't need any?

yeh she dont need any but she has to be up at 230am and be at work at 4am.

Nino

Tomas
11-23-2007, 02:30 AM
It has been happening for several days, off and on, and this is my description of the problem I have been seeing and the response from Sprint Nextel Technical Support:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=NetworkCoverage&message.id=904#M904

Tom

x3d33x
11-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I just got this email:

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue.

The problem that you are describing with sending and receiving text messages between Sprint and Verizon is a known issue right now and a service alert has been issued. The technicians are working on getting the issue fixed, however at this time there is not an estimated time of resolution. Your continued patience is appreciated as we endeavor to remedy the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

David E.
E-Care
Sprint
"Where our customers come first!"

BESTJUDGE
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
happenes every month...sometimes few mins ,sometims hours.

bboilard
11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought I was having the same issue here in NH. But what I found is actually formatting issues. I just came over from Verizon, and with Verizon I was able to send a message to <10digitnumber>@vtext.com - it didn't matter what kind of email text or html, if you sent HTML it would convert it to text....

Sprint's system doesn't know what to do with HTML it seems, so only text emails work. Very odd setup as I have never seen a carrier setup like that. They usually always convert it to text automatically.

Is there anybody else having this issue... or am I the only one.

donblay
11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
I thought I was having the same issue here in NH. But what I found is actually formatting issues. I just came over from Verizon, and with Verizon I was able to send a message to <10digitnumber>@vtext.com - it didn't matter what kind of email text or html, if you sent HTML it would convert it to text....

Sprint's system doesn't know what to do with HTML it seems, so only text emails work. Very odd setup as I have never seen a carrier setup like that. They usually always convert it to text automatically.

Is there anybody else having this issue... or am I the only one.

i live near the MA/NH border and work in NH and don't have any problems with HTML formated emails. It obviously strips out the formatting and gives you only text; but it does work. i just tried it out now by sending an html formated email from my work address to my phone and it came through as plain text.

bboilard
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow, that's pretty odd.... everytime I try an HTML email it never shows up, it's like it just disapears into cyber space.....

ncarroll
12-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Anyone heard any more on this issue? Over the last week, I've noticed a number of times where m texts aren't received by someone on Verizon for an hour or more after I've sent them from Sprint, and vice versa. Also, text messages from online services such as Facebook have been very delayed at times too.

Nate

falzon03
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Its caused by too many people sending at one......keep in mind before all messages are sent they are screened......even though its screened through a computer too many people roaming will cause server to bog down a little slowing down the flow of messages

Tomas
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
...keep in mind before all messages are sent they are screened...
Reference?

Tom

falzon03
12-10-2007, 07:10 PM
i own a strore and was on the phone with corparate cust. service for some problems with txting and that is what they told me........they also sed that certain ones are reveiwed if they have key words in them such bomb and president in same message

Deval
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Queue Enemy of the State moment :tu:

Tomas
12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Heh. If someone were going to actually use txt msg for something like that it would bprobably be more like "pkg del 2 p" or "red ball" or even "3!"

Highly doubtful it would be spelled out in plain text. :lol:

The absolute hardest "code" to break is a "code word" book: any word can mean anything, I.E.: "knit" could mean "Send pizza!" or "fig" could mean "The red chair is in the livingroom and the penguins have escaped" (which obviously only the correct recipient would understand, in case the book is captured). Drives codebreakers nutz.

Nobody would just say it plain - unless they are too stupid to ever carry it off anyway. :)

If anyone has any actual info on that, though, it would be interesting. :)

It's probably the Narus real time analysis software if it is actually being done. That's some phenomenal stuff.

BTW, Sprint won't be confirming or denying it... http://www.sprint.com/legal/privacy.html :P

Tom

falzon03
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM
yeah....those were just examples and yes actually using those words would be retarted but they have prob millions of key words....including drugs terms ...ect you know what i mean anything that could possibly be they screen

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.