PDA

View Full Version : Account Suspended...not really

seattlite
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
So this morning I sent out a text message to a few people (8 to be exact) and right after I get the confirmation that its sent...I get this text:

This account has been suspended. You are unable to send messages at this time. Please contact customer care. Msg 2110

The text was from 9230.

But then I send a text out to my brother to see if he get my message...and he did. Then I called someone to make sure my phone worked...and it did. So I guess my account isnt suspended. Has anyone ever got this message? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PCSuser
07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Its meaning that the text you sent to someones account was suspended thats why.

SingSongBird
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for playing: Did Sprint cut me off or not...

:tu:

tel0004
07-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I've also heard some people have gotten spam text saying their account has been canceled, but given that it happened right after you sent a text, thats probably not likely.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=7221922&postcount=4706

anskY
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
do you owe sprint any money?

seattlite
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I dont owe any money...Im a good Sprint customer!! I pay my bill on time and get my phones for cheap. :headbang2 :hee:

seattlite
07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I think it may have been someone else's account that was suspended (someone I sent the text to as mentioned above)...but I still dont understand why I would get the message and it would tell ME to contact customer care...makes no sense.

They gave me a mini-heart attack for no reason! I cant risk having 6 lines cut off from Sprint.

anskY
07-13-2007, 04:17 PM
call and make sure that it's not being closed. they might be giving you a 30 day warning...that's why you can still make and recieve calls

seattlite
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Based on current call volume, your call will taken in 15 to 20 mins....

I think I will call back.

If anyone asks..."KingMike made me call"

Tai
07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Heres a possibility. Someone could be using your same MSID Id call in and ask to have a new MSID as you think yours is a duplicate. No dont have to change your phone number. I dunno what CSRs are like nowadays but I would talk to tech support. If someone is using your MSID and they got the same one. It could cause other problems. Its an extreme rarity but I saw it about a half a dozen times in about a million calls i took. MSID can be another way of commiting fraud but its very unlikely

PCSuser
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for playing: Did Sprint cut me off or not...

:tu:

No... I am not trying to joke around here. I mean that you got that message in reply as you sent another person a text - letting you know their account was suspended - I have gotten them sometimes.

seattlite
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
No... I am not trying to joke around here. I mean that you got that message in reply as you sent another person a text - letting you know their account was suspended - I have gotten them sometimes.

I still dont get why they want ME to call customer care...

deathorglory
07-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Based on current call volume, your call will taken in 15 to 20 mins....

I think I will call back.

If anyone asks..."KingMike made me call"

Yeah, don't tell them he's from Brooklyn or they really will. :haha:

davidra
07-31-2007, 08:55 AM
OK....so today I sent a text to someone I text every day, and got a text back from 9230 that said:
"The customer you are trying to text is temporarily out of service. Msg 2110"

Don't really think this person is out of service.....another wonderful surprise from the Sprint network?

anskY
07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, don't tell them he's from Brooklyn or they really will. :haha:
lol how did you know I'm from Brooklyn?

Penny
07-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Sounds like something funny is really going on. I would call and see what the problem is. Or even take the phone in to a store and show them the messages. Let them call CS for you.

jforgas20
12-12-2008, 07:17 AM
yeah, im having the same issue with my phone..

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.