PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SMS- "Error Cause Code: 97"

feo
06-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Anyone else having issues lately with texting? It just says "Error: Message not sent. Saved in outbox. Please try again later"

And I've been having issues for a few days.
Am I the only one?

Anyway of changing a setting to make it work?

evanatmtd
06-26-2007, 03:15 AM
This seems unrelated, but as of about 2 hours ago, I have been unable to send any text messages from my Treo 700p. On my phone, it shows them as being sent successfully, however no one is receiving my texts. Sprint CS is closed right now, so I can't call and ask if it's a network issue or what. Anyone else having problems?

feo
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Anyone ever see a "Cause Code: 34" ?

ATS_Helper
04-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Feo, check your free storage space on the phone.

Start-> Settings -> System (Tab) -> Memory -> Look under the storage section and see how much memory is next to where it says "Free"

I'm willing to bet it's less than 1 MB :cool:

feo
04-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Feo, check your free storage space on the phone.

Start-> Settings -> System (Tab) -> Memory -> Look under the storage section and see how much memory is next to where it says "Free"

I'm willing to bet it's less than 1 MB :cool:

It says 105.12 MB

o.O

ATS_Helper
04-12-2008, 03:06 AM
For free memory? Damn I would have lost that bet. Was your account suspended anytime recently? Occasionally after suspensions SMS remains blocked for a day or so.

feo
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
For free memory? Damn I would have lost that bet. Was your account suspended anytime recently? Occasionally after suspensions SMS remains blocked for a day or so.

I have no clue. IF my account was suspended, I did not know about it. Luckily that error code hasnt come up again - it was only that day.

inftaxs
04-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I have no clue. IF my account was suspended, I did not know about it. Luckily that error code hasnt come up again - it was only that day.

I got similar error when the phone I sent texts to had SMS blocking turned on - no SMS in or out allowed.

ATS_Helper
04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah 97 is caused by Origination restriction in the system ESM. Have tech support check for you.

feo
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Do we know what Error Code: 34 means? I've been getting 'em both ... a lot lately.

nancydrew
10-09-2008, 02:15 AM
you will most likely need your services reprovisioned as sometimes following plan change/suspension/etc they need to be refreshed on the messaging ldap. normally having the service blocked and unblocked will take care of it or the plan suspended and resumed. no settings on the phone will resolve this error.

feo
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint:PPC6800)

hmmm...this is so odd. now I am getting a "Cause Code: 107" - never seen that error before...anyone have any idea what it means?

Java
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
This just started today at the begining of third period in school. (About 9:33 Eastern US, G.M.T.)I live in NJ and this is really getting me to think about switching to T-mobile and just getting the G1.

It's getting to be really bad, when I click on details it tells me Cause Code: 34 but the hing is it never goes through now. I've put it through about 15 times in a row and it still hasn't gone.
Sprint really needs to get their act together before everyone just drops the service all together, and with phones like the new Blackberry, the G1, and the iPhone; it's highly possible.

feo
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
After upgrading my handset to an HTC Touch Pro -- I no longer get any errors... just an occasional delay in my text messages. This morning ... one of my texts that I received was 4 hours late.

Odd.

zeebraore
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Have we figured out the cause & solution for "Error Cause Code: 97"?

feo
01-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Who knows.

I'm not sure if its related... but I get a LOT of dropped calls here in the Phoenix area. Also, my text messages have been being delivered ~45 min late.

shnay2
08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
When trying to send text messages i keep get'n error code 34 and then somtimes it say error code 107. I called sprint and they had me take my battery out and reset my phone, but it is STILL doin it. Also when i try to call out, it says network timeout and won't place the call. Does anyone kno what the hell is going on or how i can fix it?:frustrate

Major_Nate
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Any updates on this issue? I receive error code 97 when trying to send a text message even after a ##RTN (786) on a HTC Mogul 6800. thanks in advance!

jharris197171
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Well mine just started tonight error code 34 over and over... what I didnt know is that it was texting my 6 of my friends like 60 messages each over and over and over. I have taken the battery out and now I am afraid to put it back in......:dazed: It is nutts....... Do I need holy water??????????

jharris197171
09-28-2011, 08:23 PM
same here....... did it like keep sending out the same message over and over.....???

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.