PDA

View Full Version : Mail sent to <number>@pm.sprint.com

slick69
04-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I have an email address, which is of course <number>@pm.sprint.com and <username>@pm.sprint.com - on an A900m, if you send a message to this number, it shows up as a picture message.

However, when I do the same thing for my Q, it doesn't show up at all! The email gets lost without a trace! No sign to the sender that the email didn't go through, no sign to the receiver that there is an email waiting.

This is atrocious. How can I get mails sent to pm.sprint.com as notifications on my Q?

+Eric
04-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, that's becaue the Q does not support picture mail, at least out of the box (you can hack it to support it). And the @pm.sprint.com is for picture mail. So you have a few options. You can set up a mail account in outlook. Or you could send messages to <phonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com and this will come through as a text message. Of course you might want to actually have text messaging on your plan, or you'll pay per message. You'll also be limited to the 160 character limit that is there with text messaging.

klmsu19
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
well thats weird cuz i know you can receive picturemail on the q just not send it. but all you have to do is have the person send the picture message to your regular email web addy and check it on your outlook email and itll be a web link to view it

rdwing
04-21-2007, 12:17 PM
How do you enable it on the q?

slick69
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Funny, I got the email when I tried again. It comes as a message saying that I have a Picture Mail waiting for me, along with a link that I can click to access the Picture Mail via IE - does that count as a text or as a Picture Mail?

Also, ewalt, how do you enable Picture Mail on the Q? I had heard that Picture Mail only works with the PPC-6700 with a hack.

MidwestDrummer
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Well, that's becaue the Q does not support picture mail, at least out of the box (you can hack it to support it). And the @pm.sprint.com is for picture mail. So you have a few options. You can set up a mail account in outlook. Or you could send messages to <phonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com and this will come through as a text message. Of course you might want to actually have text messaging on your plan, or you'll pay per message. You'll also be limited to the 160 character limit that is there with text messaging.
That is only half true. The Q supports receiving PM just fine and dadndy out of the box, but it can't send PM, and there is no hack for that yet.

twentysixtwo
04-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Interesting. I have received picture mail in my gmail which I have refreshing every 15 minutes.. I'll have to test this out.

twentysixtwo
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Cool - this gives you a SMS notification as "picturemail.

I wonder if this gets charged to you as text messaging - might be a nice way to work around the lack of picture mail.

MidwestDrummer
04-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Cool - this gives you a SMS notification as "picturemail.

I wonder if this gets charged to you as text messaging - might be a nice way to work around the lack of picture mail.
The Q has always been this way. As I stated above, the Q has no problem receiving picture mail. You simply receive a text message with a PIE link to the picture. I'm going to go ahead and assume that it' categorized as a text message since you are redirected to a PIE link. The Q is still unable to send picture mail though.

Ashka
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM
There actually is a kind of awkward way to (almost) send picture mail from the Motorola Q. If an account has picture mail added in the plan, then that phone has a picture mail email address <username>@pm.sprint.com. You still have to send the picture as an attachment to an email from the Q, but the recipient receives it just like a normal picture mail from any other phone. This is great way to send to just a regular phone that doesn't use email easily.
The difficulty using this method is that most people don't know what their picturemail email address is.

booey
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
this is what i do when i want to send picturemail to someone else, regardless of what carrier they are on.
Its kind of a tedious process, and not very quick, but it works.

1. email picture to yourself yournumber@pm.sprint.com
2. next you'll get an alert on your Q that you have new picturemail, open link
3. Now your in your picturemail web space, from here you can forward the picture, and you just need to put in the recipient's phone number, thats it

its works fine, but just adds an extra step

slick69
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
There actually is a kind of awkward way to (almost) send picture mail from the Motorola Q. If an account has picture mail added in the plan, then that phone has a picture mail email address <username>@pm.sprint.com. You still have to send the picture as an attachment to an email from the Q, but the recipient receives it just like a normal picture mail from any other phone. This is great way to send to just a regular phone that doesn't use email easily.
The difficulty using this method is that most people don't know what their picturemail email address is.
How do you set up a Picturemail email account on the Q? I am aware of my email address, but don't know if there's a way to send email through Picturemail with the Q.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.