PDA

View Full Version : Why Can My Wife See My Call History?!?

idave
03-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Why and/or how is my wife able to view my call history? Business calls, calls to friends, calls to my mistress - OK, I don't have mistress. Still, she won't tell me how she can do it, other than to say, "Well, I'm a science researcher, so I figured it out."

She's not looking at my phone, and if she is, how she can see beyond the 20 call history on the phone itself? She knows numbers I've called that are more than 20 calls back. Is she going online, somehow? I've tried changing the password on my Sprint account page, and she couldn't know the password.

So how can she do this?

viperboy
03-23-2007, 01:29 PM
other than going online, i dont think there is another way. but what kind of phone do you have?

AndrewAZ
03-23-2007, 01:31 PM
If you go to sprint.com and under my wireless accounts if you are the main account holder you can log in and view every number called along with time spent talking. If you pay the bills and are the main line on the account and you control the online part I would call sprint up and ask them to see if any employee has looked into your account recently, she might know a sprint employee and has them looking into your account which of course is a big no no.

echelon4
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Change your passwords. Sprint.com and Customer Service can pull up that information. If the account is in here name you are out of luck. If it is in your name you can require a password that you can keep from her.

Wayne 1
03-23-2007, 02:17 PM
:hee:

CereaLand
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Is your wife the main account holder? If so she has the power to view all of the call logs for each line. Another reason might be that she might have gotten a hold of the papee bills each month?

tomc585
03-23-2007, 02:48 PM
If you go to sprint.com and under my wireless accounts if you are the main account holder you can log in and view every number called along with time spent talking. If you pay the bills and are the main line on the account and you control the online part I would call sprint up and ask them to see if any employee has looked into your account recently, she might know a sprint employee and has them looking into your account which of course is a big no no.
I thought you could only look at logs from previous billing cycles. Can you see logs of your current cycle before its complete? When I had Boost Mobile I could view my call logs 30sec after the call. Even if I had the phone off I could see if someone tried to call as long as it rang once the system logged it. Was a good feature if I was out of my service area and someone would say I called but u prob didnt have service. I could check and see.

mtiffer
03-23-2007, 02:56 PM
She doesn't have to be the main account holder in order to see your call history. All calls are logged on your online invoices. I am assuming that both you and your wife share a plan (family share plan). Regardless of whether its the account holder or a secondary line, all lines have access to the online invoices. Once you are on the online invoices you go to "charges by line" and it will show each individual line on the account. Just click the detail tab on the specific line you want to see and there you go every single call recieved and made. So you can change your individual password all day long, as long as you share a line with her, she will always have access to this.

idave
03-23-2007, 03:10 PM
OK, the account is in my name - I've changed the password. It's not written down, it's not one should could guess.

Could she call Sprint, since she could have looked at my phone bill? (Which is now done online, so she can't see that, either.) Give them the account info off the bill, and get someone to talk to her?

She even knows what time I'm making calls to whomever. I can't imagine she could do this unless she has some secret access to my online account, or is able to speak with someone at Sprint, using info off my billing records.

Wayne 1
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Since she doesn't know your current password, that eliminates the internet and live customer service. I'll assume the live customer service wouldn't allow anything other than the password, for the caller to gain access.

Jason Fate
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
theyll allow the last 4 of the social......

Ronkh
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
What phone are you using. Some smart phones / pda's have a bigger call log than you think

Wayne 1
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
theyll allow the last 4 of the social......

Can you call them up and disqualify that SS option? :)

mtiffer
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
OK, the account is in my name - I've changed the password. It's not written down, it's not one should could guess.

Is it a single line plan or a family share plan?

Jason Fate
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Can you call them up and disqualify that SS option? :)
yeah, you can call in and have a high priority note put on your account that only the account password is acceptable, or to be in store with id matching the account name, and of course the picture matching the person in the store

Ronkh
03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
a little o/t maybe.
but you may want to get a prepaid phone/service to augment your sprint account.

might head off trouble in the future

echelon4
03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Yea, make sure you block the option of last 4 of SS. She could still gain access thru Customer service if she had that and you didn't have it stopped.

Wayne 1
03-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Yea, make sure you block the option of last 4 of SS. She could still gain access thru Customer service if she had that and you didn't have it stopped.

That's a good loophole to change on any password account, along with mother's maiden name, etc. Use only a illogical combination of numbers and letters (for password), even case differences to be really secure. ;) :cool:

SeaCow
03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
and you said you changed the password online again... but lik someone else mentioned she can still log in with her phone number if you share an account.

echelon4
03-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Have customer service remove IP Basic from her phone that disallows access of spint.com using that number, but still allows the line with ip basic to access it.

*Warning pulling ip basic will block internet from that line**

Ronkh
03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
just thought about something......
what about "my acount" in vision ?

maybe
03-23-2007, 06:26 PM
well even if you changed your password, she can call in and get it by just asking and saying that she forgot it. It really is that easy LOL.

CaseyGirl
03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
This is just from an outsider point of view ... you mentioned that you have nothing to hide ... business calls etc. So why does it matter if she does she who you called and how long you've talked to them? I have a family plan with my boyfriend and I don't care if he sees the bill. I don't really look at who he's called and the only concern for both of us is that we are mindful not to go over our minutes.

If you feel that she's purposely checking the bill just to see who you're talking to, you may have a bigger issue than her being a researcher.

Just my 0.05.

olddog
03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Well is she being controlling or is he being evasive? That is the bigger question. Maybe it's time for two separate SERO accounts.

Dzalumni
03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
If you are on a family shared plan, not matter which phone number I use to log-in I can see all of the detailed call logs. If you think that a phone call might get you in trouble, I suggest getting a pre-paid phone.....

Goodgyrl
03-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Is it a single line plan or a family share plan?
Doesn't matter. When I was on my mother's account we both had out own single line plans and passwords for online but I could look at her call history. So as long as his wife has a phone on his account she can look at his call history no matter how many times he calls sprint and changes the passwords

aau007
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
If you are the account holder, you can change her password so she cannot log onto the account. Like other suggested, remove the last 4 SS option for calling in. Then check all your computers for any Keys Logger software.

Goodgyrl
03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
but she can go and tell sprint she don't have her password and can't long in to her account

Wayne 1
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
IMO the others suggesting a pre-paid phone, are on the right track. Otherwise it looks like a rough road ahead! ;)

Dan
03-23-2007, 10:38 PM
a shared family plan can do a "forgot password" thing that sends a text message to the handset with a password that will log in that user only. If the user can access all of the billing, or just their personal info, that i haven't checked.

Also, it matters which number was set up as the primary number and which are the sub lines. I believe the primary line gets full access to sprint.com as a default.

Maybe it's time for a sit down with the wife and ask her why she is checking up on you so closely? Some people will do that just to be funny, and to scare you into thinking they can find out anything, anytime, anywhere. :(

idave
03-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I'll try that. The store thing - too much trouble, my wife wouldn't bother with that one. :-)

dimm0k
03-24-2007, 01:26 AM
What kind of crazy "games" do you and your wife play?

Ken_F
03-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Seems to me like you are just asking for a divorce.

If you thought your Sprint phone bill was expensive, you haven't seen anything yet.

mtiffer
03-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Doesn't matter.

True I forgot about that. Well my account is so different from everyone else that I forgot that any line can check regardless of if its shared or not. I have a family share plan for 5 lines, then I have a 3rd party employee plan... The Employee plan, although still under my name, does not show up with my other 5 lines so thats why I made that mistake. Good catch..

mtiffer
03-24-2007, 02:35 AM
a shared family plan can do a "forgot password" thing that sends a text message to the handset with a password that will log in that user only. If the user can access all of the billing, or just their personal info, that i haven't checked.

Also, it matters which number was set up as the primary number and which are the sub lines. I believe the primary line gets full access to sprint.com as a default.
(

Hate to say your wrong Dan, but your wrong Dan. Doesn't matter what line it is, whether its a shared plan or single line plan, subline or primary line. EVERY SINGLE LINE ON AN ACCOUNT HAS ACCESS TO PRESENT AND PAST INVOICES ON SPRINT.COM. I think I posted that like 20 posts ago. As long as she has a phone on your account, whether its shared or separate, she will always have access to EVERTYHING, mins used, txt used, call logs, through her own line and password. Simple solution that doesn't involve getting a prepaid phone. Just have her open her own account with sprint. Do a transfer of liability.

loveshinesthru
03-24-2007, 03:46 AM
im still not getting why he would even care that she can read the bill? our account is in my husbands name, but he never looks at it. i am the one who goes over it to make sure that there are no errors.. unless he plans to start cheating on her i dont see what the big deal is.

CaseyGirl
03-24-2007, 03:58 AM
I think there's more to the problem than just her going through the bill and him getting bothered by it. If that's true, I'm sorry dude. Hopefully you guys can move past it and work it out.

Personally, if my boyfriend looked at our bill, I wouldn't care. *shrug* What is he going to see on there that he doesn't already know?

anskY
03-24-2007, 06:00 AM
ouch...

CrazyGuy
03-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I hate to say it, but the solution to this problem may not be in anything Sprint can do to prevent access to the account, but rather investing in some couple's counseling.

DrSextel
03-24-2007, 09:21 AM
No one even mentioned the use of a keystroke logger to gain access to someone's account???? Come on now... this is how a majority of "hacking" is done (by amateurs at least)....... Someone sends you a file, you execute it, you laugh at the funny shockwave/flash presentation, you log into your bank account and whamo.....

Dan
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Hate to say your wrong Dan, but your wrong Dan. Doesn't matter what line it is, whether its a shared plan or single line plan, subline or primary line. EVERY SINGLE LINE ON AN ACCOUNT HAS ACCESS TO PRESENT AND PAST INVOICES ON SPRINT.COM. I think I posted that like 20 posts ago. As long as she has a phone on your account, whether its shared or separate, she will always have access to EVERTYHING, mins used, txt used, call logs, through her own line and password. Simple solution that doesn't involve getting a prepaid phone. Just have her open her own account with sprint. Do a transfer of liability.

I stated that the sub line can get a pasword emailed to them that is good to log into the account, but if they have access to only their info, or the whole account, im not sure.

The OP can change passwords 20 times, if sprint sends his wife a "your line only" password to her phone, she can still log into sprint.com

Note, I bolded the part of the quote that indicates I'm not sure what access level the sub line gets after it logs in :)

StarmanDX
03-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Online history is irrelevant as it doesn't show unbilled usage detail. She's got your phone or she's got a contact at Sprint or a Sprint store.

Buy a prepaid phone to call your hookers, and soon your lawyer to deal with the forthcoming divorce...

idave
03-24-2007, 11:37 AM
>unless he plans to start cheating on her i dont see what the big deal is.<

I'm amazed at the speculation for why I want my phone records to be mine alone to acess (I don't share a plan) and I'm amazed at the moralizing.

Hey, maybe my wife and I have had a lousy marriage and I'm cheating on her. Maybe she knows it and she's unhappy about it. Maybe, for whatever reason - financial, moral, kids (naw, their adults), the dog, I'm a masochist or a sadist - I'm not ready to jettison the marriage but I do want to carry on an affair, emtional and/or physical. Maybe my wife objects to some of my friends, maybe she's a bit off or maybe I am. Maybe I'm ready for a divorce and I am looking for any excuse - like my wife constantly looking at my phone calls, mail, etc. - to make my move. Or maybe I made up the part about my wife, it's actually my son who is a meth addict and is trying to find ways to steal us blind and I was too embarrassed to say that.

Or maybe I wanted an idea of how to get into my wife's phone records - the last four SS digits is something I didn't know about.

Does it matter? Should it matter? Basically, I wanted a question answered about how to keep my phone records private. I got some good answers. The moralizing? Not so much appreciated.

olddog
03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
You present on a public forum, we comment. I wish you the best.

Dan
03-24-2007, 11:43 AM
idave:

When you post a question and give vague information, people tend to gravitate to the gutter in their ideas as to why the situation is a problem. You will get helpful posts, as well as ones telling you to just stop cheating.

Unless your doing something bad, just ignore the posts telling you stop cheating. If you are cheating, maybe its time to stop or get divorced?

Anyways, a lot of us are here to help :)

:wavey:

Goodgyrl
03-24-2007, 11:44 AM
:indiff: I mean how you gonna get mad? BTW u don't have to have a shared line as long as she has a phone in your name on the account. She can check up on it and there really isn't anything you can do about it unless u get her her own account :wavey:

Wayne 1
03-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I still think the pre-paid phone is the way to go (you'll always wonder about the other ways), kudos to the ones that first thought of that! :Popcorn2: :cool:

aiwetir
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah you guys went way ot.

maybe it's just something they do

YPG
03-24-2007, 01:15 PM

I'm amazed at the speculation for why I want my phone records to be mine alone to acess (I don't share a plan) and I'm amazed at the moralizing.

Hey, maybe my wife and I have had a lousy marriage and I'm cheating on her. Maybe she knows it and she's unhappy about it. Maybe, for whatever reason - financial, moral, kids (naw, their adults), the dog, I'm a masochist or a sadist - I'm not ready to jettison the marriage but I do want to carry on an affair, emtional and/or physical. Maybe my wife objects to some of my friends, maybe she's a bit off or maybe I am. Maybe I'm ready for a divorce and I am looking for any excuse - like my wife constantly looking at my phone calls, mail, etc. - to make my move. Or maybe I made up the part about my wife, it's actually my son who is a meth addict and is trying to find ways to steal us blind and I was too embarrassed to say that.

Or maybe I wanted an idea of how to get into my wife's phone records - the last four SS digits is something I didn't know about.

Does it matter? Should it matter? Basically, I wanted a question answered about how to keep my phone records private. I got some good answers. The moralizing? Not so much appreciated.

lol
word up

so you guys do not share a plan
do you have two seperate plans or is she just getting into your account?

desirex
03-24-2007, 03:24 PM

preach bro preach ..

Acejam2k
03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
What kind of phone do you have?

I have a Moto Q personally for Sprint, and its obv. got windows mobile on it.

my friend also had a windows mobile treo, and we (not incriminating myself, haha) managed to install a trojan/remote access program on his phone, so basically it ran in the background, did NOT show up under running processes/tasks, but still ran, and we could control/use/view his phone remotely via IP. we setup dyndns IP updater so we always had the current IP. we never really looked at his phone, but we did it as an april fools joke so on that day we got him good. :clap:

But unless you have something to hide, why should you even care? She's your wife, you married her for a reason (i hope), and so it shouldn't even matter, period.

Wayne 1
03-24-2007, 04:28 PM
idave:

Aren't you glad you started this thread? :)

aau007
03-24-2007, 08:07 PM
No one even mentioned the use of a keystroke logger to gain access to someone's account???? Come on now... this is how a majority of "hacking" is done (by amateurs at least)....... Someone sends you a file, you execute it, you laugh at the funny shockwave/flash presentation, you log into your bank account and whamo.....
Didn't you read through the thread? Go check my post #27.

aau007
03-24-2007, 08:21 PM
When you ask a question in an open forum, you may receive all kind of responses, which may including criticism on your motive. This is not any type of privacy rights group and some of us will have different views on privacy between spouses.

Your question might have received less criticism if you had left out the wife part and only specified viewing call log details between phones.

Anyways, you have your beliefs in your own privacy and there were many good suggestions to your question. Take other comments with a grin of salt.

smellyfeet
03-24-2007, 09:30 PM
idave, maybe your wife is taking your phone at night or when you are sleeping and going to sprint.com clicking the i forgot my password link and getting your password sent to your phone and then she gets the password to able to log into to sprint.com.. then she erases the message from your phone so you won't know how she is getting your password.. just of thought of how she may be getting your info!

PrincessPixie
03-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Smellyfeet, I second the idea of her taking the phone while he's sleeping. I don't know how computer savvy she is, but I've found that most of the aftermarket "Backup" programs (BitPim) tend to find things on the phone that have already been erased. It would not take much time at all to plug the phone into the USB, click a few times with a mouse, and "Backup" everything that's been in and out of that phone. I know from experience that Pictures, Text, Call History, incoming and outgoing, can all be in the phone after you've erased it. The only way to prevent that is to have the Sprint store do a MASTER RESET, and that erases everything, including your phonebook, ringers, screensavers, etc.

As far as WHY someone would check into another person's phone, there are many reasons. Perhaps you could ask why she's doing it, if you talk it over, that could help solve alot of problems!

RaysDarts
03-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Mmmmmm...smelly feet... :eek:

RaysDarts
03-24-2007, 10:19 PM
By the way, I found out there was trouble after our cell phone bills was over by $350. I was lucky, it was obvious. And we did work everything out, and we're still together today, with a good marriage. To the OP, no matter what the reason for the question, hope you found some useful info from us.

Jwill
03-25-2007, 12:38 AM
w/ bluetooth she might send contact to her phone or possibly your computer

Ronkh
03-25-2007, 07:30 AM
ok folks, lets stay on topic
the o/p did not ask for forum counselling or for your input on his situation.
he asked a HOW question.

either answer or speculate on the original question or do not comment
any more somments on the marital situation will end up with points assinged

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.