PDA

View Full Version : Question about keeping corporate discount

bzss7x
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I've had a 25% corp discount for about 5 years now. I am now thinking about changing jobs. I know (from others who've quit my company) that if you don't change anything with your plan, the discount will still appear. My question is at what point do they "re-verify" employment? If I add another line? Or if I change plans completely? Or do they never re-verify?

PrincessPixie
02-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't know at what point it happens, but it happens to everyone. If you make any changes to your account whatsoever, it can happen. If you don't make changes, but the company you used to work for updates their employee roster, it can happen. If Sprint decides they want to do some check ups, it can happen.

Perhaps the new job will have it's own discounts?

DJRider
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know if Sprint lets retired people who have corporate discounts keep them? Also do they have any discounts for retired people? My uncle is retiring and has Sprint with a corporate discount and was asking me if they had anything like that.

He123321
02-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know if Sprint lets retired people who have corporate discounts keep them? Also do they have any discounts for retired people? My uncle is retiring and has Sprint with a corporate discount and was asking me if they had anything like that.

Your uncle will not be intitled to the discount, since he no longer works for the company. If he keeps his mouth shut, the discount will continue.

Also, no major carrier including Sprint offers a discount for being retired.

Mikecintel
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Why would Sprint take off the discount if the person is not working for the company but he is a long time loyal customer so shouldn't Sprint keep the discount price for people.

Mike

DJRider
02-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Why would Sprint take off the discount if the person is not working for the company but he is a long time loyal customer so shouldn't Sprint keep the discount price for people.

Mike

I agree. You would think someone who is a long time customer, and now is retired on a fixed income would get a break. With all the people ripping off Sprint on SERO plans they shouldnt have,,,,, it just seems the right thing for them to do. :irked:

CrazyGuy
02-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

Mike

Not exactly. A loyal customer could potentially get a loyalty discount from Sprint which is very different from a corporate discount.

A corporate discount is based on the company you work for and has nothing to do with how long you have been a Sprint customer. The corporate discount is essentially an arrangement between the company and Sprint and not Sprint and the customer. This discount can in fact be changed or eliminated at any time for employees of any company.

mikewest
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Your uncle will not be intitled to the discount, since he no longer works for the company. If he keeps his mouth shut, the discount will continue.

Also, no major carrier including Sprint offers a discount for being retired.

If I am not mistaken, Sprint offers a discount to AARP members.....(american associatin of Retired People)

fridayxiii
02-08-2007, 09:36 AM
I've had a 25% corp discount for about 5 years now. I am now thinking about changing jobs. I know (from others who've quit my company) that if you don't change anything with your plan, the discount will still appear. My question is at what point do they "re-verify" employment? If I add another line? Or if I change plans completely? Or do they never re-verify?
My personal experience has been that corp. discounts don't change. I got my first line w/Sprint on an individual account in 2001 or 2002, and received a corp. discount while working for Company A. I left Company A in 2004, but still have the discount on my bill. Since then I've upgraded my plan, added lines to my account, and upgraded my handset but have seen no change in the discounts on my bill each month. This might change at any date in the future, but so far things have remained the same, and I am one happy Sprint customer. :clap:

anskY
02-08-2007, 09:47 AM
i think it stays, until you mention it

Mikecintel
02-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi He123321

I see ok thanks

Mike

Mikecintel
02-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi CrazyGuy

OK I see thanks.

Mike

sheureka
02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
If I am not mistaken, Sprint offers a discount to AARP members.....(american associatin of Retired People)Nope! - sheureka (who is one!)

rgruenhaus
04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Isn't a retirement still a connection to the company that should qualify for the discount? What does Sprint require to be considered qualified?

BrettW
04-15-2014, 07:35 PM
This is a 7 year old thread... Closed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.