PDA

View Full Version : Need Information on Sprint Contact Backup

CellGeek
12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
I understand that Sprint currently has a new service that will back-up the contacts in your phone's address book. Does this service let you manage the contacts from a webpage? Can I go to the webpage and add or modify contacts then download them over-the-air to my phone?

Where can I find more information about this service? How much does the service cost?

-CellGeek :headbang2

Smokeless Joe
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Log into sprint.com and if you have already signed up for the service you can get to the page from there. Yes you can manage your contacts online and when you log out your phone updates. Cost is 2 bucks a month. Worth it if you have many contacts.

NM08SRT8
12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Log into sprint.com and if you have already signed up for the service you can get to the page from there. Yes you can manage your contacts online and when you log out your phone updates. Cost is 2 bucks a month. Worth it if you have many contacts.
You sure it's not 2.99? (3.xx after tax?)

TekkieTag
12-26-2006, 09:01 PM
It was 2 bucks a month when I had my fusic.

And yes, it is sweet......

You can edit contacts in your phone and they instantly go to the server.... then, you can also go on the site and edit them, as soon as you logout they download to your phone.

You would think this service would be available on PPC's and other smartphones, where people usually can have up to 1000 contacts, but no.... just on a few PV phones I believe.....

*scowls and kicks dirt at Sprint IT team*

CellGeek
12-26-2006, 11:24 PM
What Sprint phones is this service available for? I have a Motorola Razr. Does this service guarantee that when you purchase a new phone from Sprint that you will be able to transfer all of your contacts easily to the new phone? I have been burned badly by futuredial and want to ensure that it won't happen again.

Can you believe that that piece of crap futuredial program does not support the Sprint Razr and they cannot provide an ETA for support being available? Avoid Futuredial like the plague. Those a-holes burned me really bad! :mad:

NM08SRT8
12-27-2006, 01:51 AM
What Sprint phones is this service available for? I have a Motorola Razr. Does this service guarantee that when you purchase a new phone from Sprint that you will be able to transfer all of your contacts easily to the new phone? I have been burned badly by futuredial and want to ensure that it won't happen again.

Can you believe that that piece of crap futuredial program does not support the Sprint Razr and they cannot provide an ETA for support being available? Avoid Futuredial like the plague. Those a-holes burned me really bad! :mad:

As long as the phone you have now has Wireless Backup and the phone you're switching supports the feature then yes, you'll be fine... If not, then sorry it wont work.

Smokeless Joe
12-27-2006, 04:08 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-8400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.3 MMP/2.0)

As long as the phone you have now has Wireless Backup and the phone you're switching supports the feature then yes, you'll be fine... If not, then sorry it wont work.

The Razr Does Not Support This Feature. When I Bought My 8400 It Loaded My Contacts No Problem.

imtravis
12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Luckily the M-610 supports this feature. Hopefully all their future PV phones will support it.

CellGeek
12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I just returned my 8400 to Sprint and got a Razr. The Razr blows the 8400 away in every area except that it does not support backup of contacts. The bluetooth and advanced voice dialing on the Razr is awesome.

NM08SRT8
12-27-2006, 10:17 AM
You'd think so but look at the PV phone line up now that doesnt support it. And who knows why they dont put something as great as wireless backing up your contacts onto every phone. But then again, they figure "HEY! who switches their phones that much anyway...?" Oh but little do they know, they have Sprint Users.. WE DO!

Gary G. Little
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I just returned my 8400 to Sprint and got a Razr. The Razr blows the 8400 away in every area except that it does not support backup of contacts. The bluetooth and advanced voice dialing on the Razr is awesome.

Sure it does, but you have to use Motorola Phone Tools.

Gary

a656991
12-27-2006, 12:40 PM
How do I get this? I just called customer solutions and they had no idea what i was talking about... she just tried to tell me it doesn't exist and the only thing available was voice command.

NM08SRT8
12-27-2006, 02:01 PM
You need Motorola Phone tools 4.0. If you need it, PM me, I think i still have the installer I can send you...

Deval
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
yeah wireless backup

goto http://wirelessbackup.sprint.com and log in, and you can edit your contacts directly there, and watch them update on your phone (can even get a cool prompt saying 'wireless update complete' if you want)...not bad for $2 a month

Smokeless Joe
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Funny. I did the exact opposite. I took back the Razr and got the 8400. To each his own.

alaron
02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I just switched from a Fusic to a 700wx, and every 20 minutes I get a text message telling me that my phone isn't compatible with wireless backup. Tech support says that these messages can continue for a day and a half. Every 20 minutes. Do I have any recourse?

Deval
02-05-2007, 06:29 PM
go online to your content manager and unsubscribe from wireless backup (should work)

alaron
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Did that already. That's when the ridiculous texts started.

Deval
02-05-2007, 06:41 PM
oh...crap

TekkieTag
02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Did that already. That's when the ridiculous texts started.

So its telling you that your phone isn't compatible with a service you unsubscribed too? Ew.....

alaron
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I think I figured out how to get rid of it - I switched back to my Fusic, deleted all my contacts online, and waited for it to get to my phone. Gonna wait another 30 minutes and if I don't get anymore notifications on my Fusic I'll switch back to the Treo.

Gawd, I want to strangle Tech support!

missedwards
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I ported my number from Nextel my local Sprint Store copied my contacts from my Nextel Phone to my new Sprint Phone. I have 250 contacts. If I sign up for wireless back up will it import the contacts that are already on my phone to the website or will I have to add each one?

Cadilicsp
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
This is a great thread, please keep up the good work! I would igve u rep but i have to spread it aroun before giving it to u again lol.

Apple tv converter (http://www.apple-tv-converter.net/news)

DJRider
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I ported my number from Nextel my local Sprint Store copied my contacts from my Nextel Phone to my new Sprint Phone. I have 250 contacts. If I sign up for wireless back up will it import the contacts that are already on my phone to the website or will I have to add each one?

I did the exact same thing as you did ported from Nextel to Sprint. I just signed up for the wireless backup service through my phone. When I signed in for the first time all my contacts were there. I edited a few things and when i went to the phone all the edits were right there. Service seems to work real well!

dfwtxpatrick
03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
********* CAUTION *********************

A couple of things you DIDN"T KNOW about Wireless backup.

1) if you have a wireless back up capable phone, have contacts on it, and switch to another wireless backup phone that already has contacts on it, IT WILL OVERWRITE YOUR LIST ON THE WEBSITE!

2) If you already have a wireless back up capable phone, switch to a NEW / REPLACEMENT wireless back up phone that DOESN"T have Contacts, DONT subscribe from the phone! Wait for up to 4-6 hours AFTER you activate it to let Wireless Backup send the list to your phone! IF YOU DO, it WILL ERASE YOUR CONTACTS!

3) If you have a wireless backup phone w/ contacts, activate another wireless backup phone w/ contacts, DON"T ERASE THEM, you will lose BOTH on the phone & on the website.

4) If you have a wireless back up phone w/ contacts, switch to a NON wireless phone w/ backup on it, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CONTACTS!

NOW, ask me how I know? Cause I have done EACH scenario I have posted here!

But I will say, I really like having the back up. And it does work, if you do it right!

eirrom
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
yeah wireless backup

goto http://wirelessbackup.sprint.com and log in, and you can edit your contacts directly there, and watch them update on your phone (can even get a cool prompt saying 'wireless update complete' if you want)...not bad for $2 a month

I posted about this a few months ago but I was wondering if anyone heard if there will be an OTA update to add it to older PV phones (such as the Sammy A920, my phone) or am I out of luck until I get a newer phone? I would really like to have this service.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.