PDA

View Full Version : Diet Pepsi Jazz....(All Beverage Reviews Welcome)

Pipster
08-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought I'd start a Beverage Review/comments thread!All of us love to try new bevs every once in a while...something new comes out and we're dying to try it!(most of us)So,if you're a fan of some beverage that maybe some of us have not tried before,post your review/comments on it!If you're just curious about what some bev tastes like and want to see if your fellow SU members have tasted it already,let em' know!

Ok I'd like to start off with:

Diet Pepsi Jazz

Jazz Strawberries & Cream
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7637/strawberrycreamii7.png
(a review)Not mine though...
Strawberries & Cream and Pepsi Cola…what an interesting combination. The sweet strawberries and cream flavor actually blends reasonably well with the Pepsi flavor, which is especially impressive given that this is a diet product. There's a mild amount of aftertaste, but the sweetness and fruit flavors help hide it quite a bit. Overall, it's a pretty pleasant drinking experience. Like the other flavor of Jazz, our biggest concern is with the brand itself -- what exactly does "Jazz" mean and who will it appeal to? The colorful label will likely catch many consumer eyes, but it simply doesn't seem like a brand that will resonate with a large chunk of Pepsi's consumers as it otherwise looks and feels exactly like a standard Pepsi product. Perhaps if Pepsi took it a step further and used a different bottle than the stock Pepsi PET, they'd have a product that is actually "jazzed" up.

Black Cherry French Vanilla
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9527/blackcherryvanillass6.png

(Review)again,Not mine..
Ok, so Pepsi wants people to be able to indulge their sweet tooth without ruining their diet. Fine. But, can it really be done with a re branded version of Diet Pepsi that has been enhanced with fruit flavors? Hard to say. Either way, we can tell you that this is one of the best tasting diet cola flavor extensions to come out of Pepsi. Using a blend of aspartame and ace-k, which in our opinion produces the best taste of today's sweetener blends, Pepsi has done a pretty good job of making this product have a natural sweetness. In addition, the product has more fruit flavor than some of the other Pepsi flavor extensions, giving it a flavor that justifies a separate line extension. As for the Jazz label and brand, it livens up the stock Pepsi 20oz bottle, but we're not really sure what "Jazz" will actually mean to consumers. Plus, this product's realistic target is the base of existing Pepsi drinkers, making this a brand that has a limited life. Still, it's one of the better diet extensions to Pepsi's cola lineup.

SO...anyone try any yet and if so,how is it?Are either flavors any good/which is the best?Strawberries & Cream,or,Black Cherry French Vanilla?<---This one sounds the best to me..Basically because I'm a french vanilla fan!

However,I've NEVER been a Pepsi fan...Just don't care for it so maybe this will be something good?I don't care for the bitter sweet taste of diet drinks either..Does this have a less "diet" taste?I hope so..I plan on picking some up the next time I'm out to try some.

Anyone try it yet?What's the story,Morning Glory?:)

autoprime
08-13-2006, 04:30 PM
gimme a non-diet version. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to diet anything.

Pipster
08-13-2006, 04:38 PM
gimme a non-diet version. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to diet anything.I thought the same thing!But,They don't even make a non-diet version of the Pepsi Jazz...They should,Probably be alot more non-diet sales.*Shrugs*

autoprime
08-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I thought the same thing!But,They don't even make a non-diet version of the Pepsi Jazz...They should,Probably be alot more non-diet sales.*Shrugs*

yeah ive seen em at all the stores.. all diet. :( do diet sodas make up for most of the market now? i see neat lookin sodas/drinks all the time... and get let down when i see theyre diet.

tmo318
08-13-2006, 05:05 PM
I am a reguar Pepsi drinker but I have tried both flavors of Jazz. Both flavors are good with a slight diet after taste. The after taste is not even close to the regular diet after taste, but you still notice it.

Jazz Strawberries & Cream
It did not taste bad but the strawberries and cream do not do it for me.

Black Cherry French Vanilla
The flavor in this was really good. This is the flavor that has the most staying power if Pepsi decides to keep Jazz round. If I was a diet drinker I would drink this over all the other diet drinks in the market.

Quill
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I will have to have my husband pick one up when he runs to the grocery store later. I looked at this Jazz stuff in the store earlier this week and just couldn't bring myself to take the plunge.
The only flavored diet cola I like is diet vanilla Coke. As a general rule, I prefer diet sodas flavored with Splenda, although I do like Sprite Zero better than diet 7UP.

Boylan's makes a very good diet creme soda and I get one whenever I go to Harry and David's store in the SuperMall.

Another beverage I enjoy that is pretty impossible to find in bottles is the Mocha Light Frappucino made by Starbucks. It's 100 calories and sweetened with Splenda. I love it. But, I can get the blended drink made at Starbucks stores, too.

I drink diet both out of preference and necessity.

Marlon_JB2
08-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Simply Put:

I hate it.

Cheatachu72
08-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Diet Berries And Cream Dr. Pepper
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/drpepper_berries/diet.jpg

Mine: Tastes kinda like a cream soda with a berry twist. There is a hint of dr. pepper in there too. The flavors blend pretty well. I am not a diet fan, but this soda is a solid choice if you drink diet soda (also available in non-diet). In fact the only diet soda i drink is diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper, so i decided to spread my wings and try this one. I would buy a case of it....

BevNET Review:
If you like Diet Dr Pepper, you'll probably enjoy Diet Berries & Cream Dr Pepper -- at least enough to purchase it one or two times. It's a little sweeter and creamier than regular Diet Dr Pepper, and like the regular strength version it doesn't have the bite that you find in Diet Dr Pepper. Still, this product is definitely a cannibal, and we believe that Diet Berries & Cream Dr Pepper will fail to bring many new drinkers to this brand. Instead, it will likely be an alternative to existing Diet Dr Pepper drinkers who, in a best case scenario, drink more Diet Dr Pepper as a result of this new flavor.

LJA
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Jazz: Black Cherry French Vanilla.
Overpowering flavor and huge aftertaste. I'll stick with the Diet Cherry Pepsi or just plain Diet Pepsi.

Glad I only got a single 2 liter to try!

phatalboom
08-13-2006, 07:29 PM
http://jewbagel.com/uploader/files/1/sprintusers/drpecker.jpg

Best soda evar! :lol:

Quality review.

jaytv
08-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Guys, you may want to do a little research as to what artificial sweeteners are made of, and what they do to the human body. As for "regular" check out what the high fructose corn syrup does to the appetite. You may never drink a sweetened soda again...

FloorMatt
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Diet Berries And Cream Dr. Pepper
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/drpepper_berries/diet.jpg

Mine: Tastes kinda like a cream soda with a berry twist. There is a hint of dr. pepper in there too. The flavors blend pretty well. I am not a diet fan, but this soda is a solid choice if you drink diet soda (also available in non-diet). In fact the only diet soda i drink is diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper, so i decided to spread my wings and try this one. I would buy a case of it....

I agree totally! :clap:

And the only diet soda I can stand is: Diet Dr. Pepper; like they say in their commercial: Tastes more like regular. Dr. Pepper is my favorite (Created in Waco, TX !) 7UP is the winner for the Lemon Lime category. Regular Coca Cola for the Cola category.

Quill
08-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Guys, you may want to do a little research as to what artificial sweeteners are made of, and what they do to the human body. As for "regular" check out what the high fructose corn syrup does to the appetite. You may never drink a sweetened soda again...

Yeah, it sucks being diabetic. Drink water. Which I do a lot of, but bleh. Drink diet soda long enough, you might get cancer. Drink regular soda and you feel like puking. Not to mention the long-term potential complications of losing digits, vision, hypertension, etc.

Which is why I like Splenda. Although there are people who think it's evil, too.

Yep. Sugar=poison. Artificial sweeteners=poison.

Mmm. Water. :p

jivey
08-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it sucks being diabetic. Drink water. Which I do a lot of, but bleh. Drink diet soda long enough, you might get cancer. Drink regular soda and you feel like puking. Not to mention the long-term potential complications of losing digits, vision, hypertension, etc.

Which is why I like Splenda. Although there are people who think it's evil, too.

Yep. Sugar=poison. Artificial sweeteners=poison.

Mmm. Water. :p

Quill..my dad had to switch to artifical sweeteners and loves Splenda! He can't taste the difference.

Quill
08-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I love Splenda. But, god forbid there could be an artificial sweetener without fault...people bash the hell out of that, too.
I just ingest what I know won't mess with my blood sugar. I do avoid aspartame, mostly because of its foul aftertaste, but it isn't possible all the time.
Sometimes I think the makers of sugar-free products don't bother to do taste tests with people who actually consume the products.

jivey
08-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I love Splenda. But, god forbid there could be an artificial sweetener without fault...people bash the hell out of that, too.
I just ingest what I know won't mess with my blood sugar. I do avoid aspartame, mostly because of its foul aftertaste, but it isn't possible all the time.
Sometimes I think the makers of sugar-free products don't bother to do taste tests with people who actually consume the products.

I agree Quill..that is why I can't force myself to drink diet.

Pipster
08-14-2006, 03:01 AM
My dad,a diabetic also,loves Sierra Mist-Free.With all of his diet(pop)drinks he adds water to them,like nearly half pop and half water...Not sure why,but that's the way he does it!

The drink that i'm loving these days and shouldn't be drinking is Sunkist cherry limeade...Normally i wouldn't like limeade drinks at all and i picked up a pack of the Sunkist cherry limeade by mistake and have loved it every since!It's got a nice strong cherry flavor to it..I can't find it at the stores anymore in the cans or even bottles,so i usually find them at gas stations/vending machines and buy a couple to take home with me in case i have the crave hit me!:)

jaytv
08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Do you guys actually understand what Splenda is?

Take sugar, process it with chlorine gas, and voila! Oh, BTW chlorine gas is better known by its' WWI name, Mustard Gas! It killed thousands, even many years after the war by its latent effects.

As for Nutra Sweet, many nasty reactions are now being seen after extended use...the scariest one for me is a brain condition that looks and acts alot like early-stage alzheimer's.

Enjoy your diet drinks, everyone!

Quill
08-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Do you guys actually understand what Splenda is?

Take sugar, process it with chlorine gas, and voila! Oh, BTW chlorine gas is better known by its' WWI name, Mustard Gas! It killed thousands, even many years after the war by its latent effects.

As for Nutra Sweet, many nasty reactions are now being seen after extended use...the scariest one for me is a brain condition that looks and acts alot like early-stage alzheimer's.

Enjoy your diet drinks, everyone!

See. This is my point exactly. Come, be diabetic for a while. No matter what I do, it's bad for me. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Honestly, I just don't care. You know why? Because someday I'm going to die. If my choice is between kidney disfunction, a heart attack or poisoning due to artificial sweetners, I think I'd rather be poisoned, thank you.

I get sick of drinking water all the time. So, every now and then, I have a diet soda. There is no ideal solution for alternatives to water that I've found for a diabetic.

Luckily for you, you have the option to avoid artificial sweeteners.

I haven't done any research on Splenda. Would you be willing to share the source of your information?

jaytv
08-15-2006, 06:04 PM
See. This is my point exactly. Come, be diabetic for a while. No matter what I do, it's bad for me. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Honestly, I just don't care. You know why? Because someday I'm going to die. If my choice is between kidney disfunction, a heart attack or poisoning due to artificial sweetners, I think I'd rather be poisoned, thank you.

I get sick of drinking water all the time. So, every now and then, I have a diet soda. There is no ideal solution for alternatives to water that I've found for a diabetic.

Luckily for you, you have the option to avoid artificial sweeteners.

I haven't done any research on Splenda. Would you be willing to share the source of your information?

I hear you quill. Most of my family on my Father's side were Diabetics. They are dead now. I have Diabetic tendencies myself. Let me share something with you:

About five years ago, due to many different health concerns, including the apparent early stages of Diabetes, I completely quit eating sugar. I mean, I cut out everything with sugar in it. No sodas, desserts, but more interestingly, no more of most processed foods (interesting when one reads labels how many foods have added sugar), I don't even eat most fruits.

I also did quite a bit of research about sweeteners. Did you know many times the body reacts to sweeteners much the same way as sucrose? The metabolism slows, but the blood sugar levels don't usually change, which confuses both the liver and kidneys. I have read several studies showing people tend gain weight when switching to "diet" drinks, if no other part of their diet changes. The corrosive effect to the organs of this is incalcuable.

It is interesting what one can find with Google, now that the truth is not dependent on the corporate-controlled old media being in charge of the flow of information. Do a search on Splenda, and hang in there, and you'll be shocked at what you find.

I am so much healthier today it is unbelievable. I truly believe I delayed or stopped Adult Onset Diabetes. I only very rarely have mild symptoms. I have more energy, am happier, less moody, sleep better, and so many other benefits too numerous to list here. I have friends diagnosed with Adult Onset that have gone on my diet whose Diabetes symptoms have completely disappeared.

At first, I got tired of drinking mostly water too. Then, after being off sugar, and sweeteners, finding my taste buds were far more acute, I discovered how delicious things like freshly roasted and ground plain black coffee could be. Did you know coffee is classified as a naturally "sweet" drink without any blood sugar effects? Also, before it was fashionable, I started drinking green tea. Even plain seltzer with a little lime tastes great now. It is amazing how much flavor is in these drinks that taste plain before we stop numbing our palates with so much sweetness.

It's all a matter of giving up completely on things we know we can't eat, and enjoying what we can. I eat more meat and things I felt guilty about eating before, yet I have incredible blood chemistry. My weight has gone way down, and my mental abilities are where they were when I was a teenager.

Try it. You'll feel so much better.

PS I gave up all dairy except butter too. Wow, as a pizza fanatic, that was so hard! No colds or sinus trouble now, though!

Quill
08-15-2006, 06:41 PM
I can't deal with reading any more research. It's all I've done since I was diagnosed. I have heard all kinds of stuff about all the sweeteners. Bleh.

You know, jaytv, I completely overhauled my diet 4 1/2 years ago. I had dropped 60 pounds before I was diagnosed. As soon as I cut out sugar and fat and all that other stuff combined with going on medication for my diabetes, I gained back 20 pounds.

Within a year of my diagnosis and eating better than I ever had in my life, I had gained back the rest of that 60 pounds.

I have lost 40 pounds in the last year, thanks only to nine months of continuous tinkering with my medications. It seems like my body doesn't respond to proper diet or exercise. I do get in trouble if I eat total crap for prolonged periods of time. But, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. What seems to work well for everyone else on the planet doesn't work for me. In fact, my doctor put me on a combination of medications that none of his other patients are on.

So, I've come to the conclusion that while it may work for you, hell, even everyone else, to cut out all that stuff, it seems to have virtually no effect on me.

Although you should have seen the big ole grin on my face when my doctor told me last week that sushi is good for diabetics.

All I'm saying is that while you may not be a fan of these sweeteners, for some, there is no other altnernative.

I am thankful that the whole Atkins craze has inspired some of these manufacturers out there to provide diabetic-friendly products. I agree that eating fresh, whole foods is ideal and I consume as much of that as possible.

Oh, yeah, coffee. I have a problem with the stuff. Black, sweetened, whatever, I have an addiction to coffee, and caffeine in general, I think. So, I try to avoid the stuff altogether. Although, yeah, it's good stuff. Heh.

Oh, I love drinking soda water. I personally enjoy San Pellegrino. Or club soda with lemon and lime. I agree, my taste has changed dramatically. I don't like most sugary items. I do love chocolate. I can't seem to quit that.

Alright. We've completely de-railed this thread.

jaytv, let's make a couple posts about drinks we like ... artificial sweetener or no...

:)

jaytv
08-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Quill, if you really do cut out all the sugar and dairy, you can nearly forget about fat. Your body will metabolize it correctly. One thing the AMA is way off on is fat intake, you watch, thinking on that will shift significantly in the next ten years...

Kauai Estate-Grown medium roast coffee from Trader Joe's. Smooth, almost toffee like flavor with a hint of sugarcane that I am sure the beans were grown near.

Gerolsteiner Mineral Water...finer bubbles than Pelligrino...

Quill
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Where can you get the mineral water?

Dairy...I'm trying to think how much of the dairy I cut out at the outset. Lord, I just remember eating a lot of meat for like a year...what is it about dairy? See, that doesn't make any sense to me. My sister is a vegan and she has a hard time losing weight, too.

Splain.

jaytv
08-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Look into it yourself, you will retain more. Mostly, dairy is indigestible for most people.

Trader Joe's is the place for Gerolsteiner...

Bet your sister eats lots of sugar and fruit...very few folks can really do well in the longterm on a purely vegan diet...

Quill
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
I dunno, my reading retention sucks anymore.

Lots of chocolate. And fruit and vegetables and tofu. Heh. But, that's alright. The vegan thing is political in some ways, anyway.

Trader Joes! Ah, no wonder. The nearest one is 30 miles away.

Trader Joes, by the way, folks, has lots of great beverages there. And other tasty items.

So, do you do organic, too, jay?

jaytv
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Whenever it makes sense. The thing about coffee is when you are totally off sugar, the effects of coffee are very different. In the past, one little cup after noon would keep me up all night. Now, I have an espresso after dinner, and I sleep like a baby!

Quill
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Oh, see, I don't have that problem. Caffeine doesn't keep me up at night. It's more the addiction side. I get headaches if I don't consume any caffeine at all. I went two years without drinking a cup of coffee. I was fine. Then I had a cup of coffee and I just craved it. Bad. So, I just don't drink it.

Besides, I bought a Mocha Frappucino Light about two months ago at Starbucks and got a leaky cup. Next thing I knew, everything in the cup holders in the car was soaked in coffee, including my Moto H500 bluetooth headset. Coffee wronged me. LOL

BTW, I still can't bring myself to drink diet Pepsi Jazz. The label freaks me out. And the name. It's just too weird.

I wish Jones sugar free soda was more readily available. Sigh.

You know, the word 'diet' for soda is really a misnomer. When I was in Germany, they called it Coca Cola Lite, which I think is closer. And it tasted better, too. Dunno why, though.

jaytv
08-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Quill, do you have BevMo up there? Beverages and More? They have all da bomb Jones sodas! (With apologies to "Lazy Sunday")

Actually, I used to have a caffeine rebound effect like you describe, again, it disappeared when I changed my diet. I don't have the withdrawal headaches anymore. BTW, the caffeine in soda is very different than the caffeine in drip-brewed coffee.

diannnoeora
08-16-2006, 08:53 PM
quillhill and jaytv, I've found all your entries about diet very interesting. Quillhill, since you're a moderator, couldn't you take these posts and start a new thread? I'm really interested in all the things you're saying Jaytv.

I've never been able to drink most diet soda's since I quickly discoved they gave me horrendous migraine headaches. Years ago, I used to drink Diet Rite cola and didn't have any problem with it, but they took the sweetener off the market due to rats getting cancer or something. The stuff they use now is really much worse, I think. I have discovered I can use Splenda without a problem, but I didn't know there was any soda made with it. Can you tell me what has it?

Quill
08-17-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm debating whether to split off the diet discussion to a separate thread. If it keeps going completely sideways, I will.

As for beverages with Splenda, there is diet 7UP and the 7UP plus sodas, diet Coke with splenda, Pepsi ONE, all the diet rite beverages now use splenda...I'm not sure about any others off the top of my head.

I prefer Splenda, though I haven't done much research on it. There's another sweetener out there that I can't remember the name of, but it's supposed to be even better than Splenda and but is some type of natural herbal thing...helpful, right?

Anyway...this is all very interesting.

I'd like to note that my total poundage droppage since November is officially 46 pounds. Just 25 to go.

Pipster
08-17-2006, 04:53 AM
I would just like to say that i tried the Diet Pepsi Jazz(Black Cherry French Vanilla)and i hated it...gross...but,that's just me...You all may like it...

That is all...

Quill
08-17-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL Pip. You're braver than me.

Jaytv...Beverages and More? I've not heard of it...must go research it. I love Jones Soda. Damn, I hate living out in the boonies. I can't get anything decent out there. And my neighborhood grocery store is so busy, I dread going there. At least they're selling 1/2 liter bottles of San Pell now. I love that stuff. Way better than Perrier. I gotta try that Gero...whatchacallit you suggested.

I am always in search of the next great beverage.

Has anyone tried the Coca-Cola Blak? That intrigues yet scares me simultaneously.

jaytv
08-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Vons Pavilions usually has Jones Soda...
BTW, I checked out BevMo's site, no WA stores, sorry!

Quill
08-17-2006, 04:40 PM
We don't have Vons, here, I don't think...it's Safeway. Which does sell Jones Soda...I don't recall seeing sugar free Jones, there, though. Sigh. Like I said, I live in the boonies, so selection sucks.

Aww. No BevMo. Waaah!

I guess I will just go get a bottle of San Pell and call it good.

diannnoeora
08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I'd like to note that my total poundage droppage since November is officially 46 pounds. Just 25 to go.

Wow! Congratulations on that. It's impressive. It's also exactly what I need to do. LOL

Regarding Coke Blak - It's surprisingly good. Very expensive and very small bottles. I stopped drinking Coke a few months ago, so have only tried one bottle. Also, it has the stuff that gives me headaches, so I take Ibuprophen just after I drank it.

Quill
08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Interesting about the Blak...I think it's sweetened with aspartame. I can't remember, though.
Hmm.

diannnoeora
08-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Nutrasweet is the stuff that gives me headaches. I can never remember the actual name, though

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.