PDA

View Full Version : Sending text message TO AIM from phone...

mase
06-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Ok, so it's established that we can send messages from AIM directly to a mobile phone, and it will be received as a text (and can be replied to simply by clicking reply). Now lets say you're on the mobile phone and you want to send a message to someone on AIM (initiate the conversation). How do you do this?

I don't want the phone user to have to log in to aim or anything via a bunch of txt message codes. Is it possible to just send a txt to SCREENNAME@text.aim.com or something like that? Thanks a bunch!!! :headbang2

MountainDew
06-06-2006, 04:34 AM
if you find out tell me because i always end up logging in through web aim :) on my cellphone, the only way i can reply on text messages is if someone starts the conversation

nycgay23
06-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA900 AU-MIC-A900/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Send text message to 265-060 And the first thing you write should be the screen name of the recipient followed by a colon, then your message... if the person is not online it will let you know via text reply. good luck!

dmaul3300
06-06-2006, 09:27 AM
thats what i do. i send a text message to 265-000 and then type my username and password. example: dmaul3300 password and then i am signed on. make sure you have forwarding on.

to see who is online. send a message to 265-002 with no text. it will show your buddy list - who is online and offline.

i think its 265-018 and it shows you settings and will show you a list of commands as well as your buddy list and what # they are. i have 20 buddies and they are listed 265100-265120. it will show me what # each buddy is.

once in a while you will get a message from 265-001 saying you are logged off, but you send a message to 265-000 with your user name and password and you will be logged on.

people send me a message and the text is BIG and readable (unlike logging into AIM on the phone where the text is small). you get a message and can hit reply.

i wish there was a way for the name to be shown instead of the numbers. meaning message from Chris instead of showing 261-110.. BUT i created folders and the messages go in the folder so i can tell. (chris goes in chris folder) jerrys messages go in the jerry folder etc.

mase
06-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA900 AU-MIC-A900/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Send text message to 265-060 And the first thing you write should be the screen name of the recipient followed by a colon, then your message... if the person is not online it will let you know via text reply. good luck!
Oh great this solution sounds the easiest.
dmaul, I did know about the logging in and stuff, but I don't want the person using the cell phone to have to have a AIM user/pass. When you send an IM to a cell # from AIM, it goes directly to the phone, so it sounds like the 265-060 one will allow the phone to directly send to AIM w/o logging in etc.
However, after finding out what # your friend is (from getting you buddy list), you can't just not log in to AIM and send a text to that number directly, can you?

dmaul3300
06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Oh great this solution sounds the easiest.
dmaul, I did know about the logging in and stuff, but I don't want the person using the cell phone to have to have a AIM user/pass. When you send an IM to a cell # from AIM, it goes directly to the phone, so it sounds like the 265-060 one will allow the phone to directly send to AIM w/o logging in etc.
However, after finding out what # your friend is (from getting you buddy list), you can't just not log in to AIM and send a text to that number directly, can you?

if i know my friends #, i can send a text message to his/her number (265-101) and my message

ziggy4500
06-06-2006, 08:38 PM
when using SMS to send AIM messages and using those codes...what is the code to change your away message to a custom away message? what is the code in general to set yourself as an away

dmaul3300
06-06-2006, 09:37 PM
when using SMS to send AIM messages and using those codes...what is the code to change your away message to a custom away message? what is the code in general to set yourself as an away

here is a thread about it.
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74267&highlight=aim+265000

mase
06-07-2006, 01:48 AM
man, agile messenger won't let me add phone numbers as buddies.. i guess i'll have to add them on my own computer and then they'll show up when i log in with the account on my phone..

ziggy4500
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM

here is a thread about it.
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74267&highlight=aim+265000

thanks, is there a way to change that message, instead of saying i'm not responding to message right now..to something personal?

dmaul3300
06-08-2006, 10:56 AM
thanks, is there a way to change that message, instead of saying i'm not responding to message right now..to something personal?

not that im aware of, though i havent messed with it to much.

i wish there was a way to change (associate) a name instead of a number.

lets say i get a message from 265-111 (instead it would say from Derek). but in my opinion this is better then using the aim interface on vision.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.