PDA

View Full Version : Does sprint give out loaners

Kountry89
06-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Does sprint still give out loaners

nycgay23
06-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Very rarely, it seems, and it really depends upon how friendly your local store is. On the whole, I think they are steering away from that, if they haven't done so already. Always worth a shot?

Kountry89
06-01-2006, 08:34 PM
im gonna try i hope they'll give me one

JSMZ
06-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Every time Ive asked them about it they've told me to go pound sand. I think its idiotic that they wont offer loaners. I went ahead and bought a cheap backup phone off Ebay. I suggest you do the same.

Dragonman
06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Someone told the problem was that a large portion of the phones loaned came back damaged or wet...etc.

As far as using a cheap replacement be aware that each ESN swap resets the "upgrade clock" to day one unless it is a warranty replacement.

If you talk to the store they should be able to note the account as to why the switch was done but if you just call and switch ESN's or don't ask for the notation when it is switched when it's time to upgrade you may be out of luck.

tarmacevo
06-01-2006, 09:42 PM
I've never needed a loaner personally but i've seen plenty people told to go :boohoo:

ikandi
06-01-2006, 09:48 PM
my friend has nextel she got a loaner phone, i'm not sure if sprint does the same thing

tarmacevo
06-01-2006, 09:50 PM
my friend has nextel she got a loaner phone, i'm not sure if sprint does the same thing

If this was recently i'd imagine they do. However i'm sure its only on rare cases and you have to get a nice rep.

ikandi
06-01-2006, 10:04 PM
If this was recently i'd imagine they do. However i'm sure its only on rare cases and you have to get a nice rep.yup it was last month

Freak4Dell
06-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it only resets the rebate date if that phone has never been activated on your account. I know that doesn't help for people who have like 3 months left for a rebate and get their phone damaged, but I'm just putting it out there.

seaduced
08-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Ask to speak to the technician and slip him a 20.

miamicanes
08-28-2006, 06:55 AM
When my i500 got broken a few months ago, the bastards wouldn't even let me temporarily re-activate an old phone to use until the replacement arrived unless I paid $36. And THAT was for an old phone that was originally used for the same account!

CJENA
08-28-2006, 07:24 AM
They usually do not give out loaners because if you are going through TEP and the phone can not make or receive calls, they will give you a new one of the store if it is covered under the ESRP.

If it is damaged beyond repair, they don't care because you are going through LL.

Gibsohnn
08-28-2006, 07:42 AM
The policy is that we don't keep working phones laying around that aren't inventoried. And if it's inventoried, you my friend, don't get to "borrow" sprint's inventory with a "promise" of bringing it back the way you left with it. There is no provision for, no agreement to, provide you with a temp phone of any type. That is not Sprint's problem.

That being said, I keep a very old LG in my drawer at work. Depending on the customer, it becomes a loaner. I've let it go about 5 times total, if that tells you how people react over the "loaner" phone issue. It doesn't leave it's home very often, LOL.

ZiggyZ
08-28-2006, 07:49 AM
There are in fact some stores that still do it. The store I live by is up in Duluth, mn. It's in an affiliate market. They loaned me a Sanyo 8200 before and I brought it back sameday.

Gibsohnn
08-28-2006, 07:54 AM
That's an affiliate market though, their policies could and do vary slightly from corporate markets. Per our audit terms, we're not to have non-inventoried product laying around on the sales floor ever. That includes the dummy phones we use to do ESN swaps with.

jaybert
08-28-2006, 08:06 AM
when you're getting a cheap replacement phone, how important is it that if you have a powervision phone, that your replacement phone is powervision as well?

I have a PPC-6700 (and about to get a treo), both of which are powervision phones. I also have a LG PM-225 (vision only). Will it mess up my account if I switch from my powervision phone to the non-powervision phone for a short period of time? Or would it be better to just pick up a cheap powervision phone to use as backup?

Gibsohnn
08-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Cheap PV would definitely gaurantee less chance of a screw up, that's for sure.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.